Expectations for Next Season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: Expectations for Next Season

Post by bergkamp10 »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:52 am
6th place is my expectation

If we get a half decent manager we'll improve with the same squad, but not enough to do better
If we only have £50m to spend, we'll be good for 6th unless we appoint someone like Arteta, then we could be 7th or 8th
If we have £100m or more to spend AND a decent manager, then 4th is possible.

Forget the title, not in a million years with the owner we have, he didn't buy a football club to win titles you know!! :shock: :banghead:
T.C. Trouble is with Ozil's wages nobody will take him. So he is with us next few seasons. I would take a putt on Jack and keep him and award him handsome win bonuses, match bonus and the like. Build a team around these 2 possibly?

As for moving on 3-4 of the other crap, we like Man. City will probably have to pay half the wages anyhow. So my expectation would be a place in the top 6 but to keep us in the hunt for the PL to at least March or April time. It will take time.

If the team gel better and actually pay for the club, manager with a little more passion I would be happy with that.
I grew but in the last days of the Betie Mee era and when I stood in the School Boys enclosure when a team doesn't pay for the manager you can see that, I could even as young 10 year old.

The same last 2-3 years now, they turn up when it suits them knowing there would never be any significant repercussions come Monday.

Here's hoping for a little more defending for one... :o :shock:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I feel sorry for the next manager already. Only 50 Million to invest in a squad that must have a new goalkeeper a new central defender and at least 1 central midfielder.
Wilshere and Ramsey will leave and we must try to sell Mustafi. Koscielney is getting old as is Cech.
So major changes needed on a budget of 50 Million ! I wouldn't mind but we didn't spend big last season as we sold many players. I think overall we spent 7 Million.
All other top teams will invest and our next manager possibly Vieira will be the scapegoat. Kroenke will eventually kill Arsenal.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am
I feel sorry for the next manager already. Only 50 Million to invest in a squad that must have a new goalkeeper a new central defender and at least 1 central midfielder.
Wilshere and Ramsey will leave and we must try to sell Mustafi. Koscielney is getting old as is Cech.
So major changes needed on a budget of 50 Million ! I wouldn't mind but we didn't spend big last season as we sold many players. I think overall we spent 7 Million.
All other top teams will invest and our next manager possibly Vieira will be the scapegoat. Kroenke will eventually kill Arsenal.
Kroenke already has?, I mean at least 3 years extra for Wenger proves what most already knew about the wiggy c**t. I actually think even Paddy has more ambition than to sign up for "project-Leicester", Arteta or Rodgers on the other hand... :banghead:

Allegri faviroute according to SkyBet, I will be shocked if that happens as I suspect he wont work with our austerity budget, can see him ending up at the chavs and yet another case of "what we could have had", just like Pep and Klopp.

The only manager who I think could have us competing inspite of the cowardly silent cowboy parasite would be Simeone, as he has done this against the behemoth clubs of RM/Barca in Spain pretty well, but again I don't think he would leave a club that is arguably now bigger than us (thanks to Stan).

:censored:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am
Tbh I don't think we need to spend an absolute fortune. There are actually some decent players available on a Bosman this summer like Stefan de Vrij and Max Meyer that would instantly improve our defence and midfield respectively and Bernd Leno only has a £17.5 million buy out clause.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I wonder if Sanchez would have stayed had silly bollocks announced his departure before January,

Or maybe he really is a greedy little c unt and would have followed the dough anyway

brucers

Post by brucers »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 am
I wonder if Sanchez would have stayed had silly bollocks announced his departure before January,

Or maybe he really is a greedy little c unt and would have followed the dough anyway
With hindsight I am ok with him having gone. We have Mikki and Auba instead. Furthermore, anyone who has the cheek to ask for that sort of payrise is just greedy....then again most of them are!

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

I expect that by the time season tickets go on sale, we will be linked with every top manager around.
I expect that by November Fat Sam will come in to 'do a job'

bunch

Post by bunch »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:40 am
I expect a few things -

1. A manager that can motivate and who will not accept lazy half arsed performances - these players need to know that their carefree days are over at AFC

2. A manager that not alone understands tactics, but recognises the value of them and is able to coach and impliment them.

3. I need the incoming manager to recognise the priority areas that need addressing, and make genuine efforts to fix them - a top quality keeper, DM and centre back has to be the absolute priority, and anything after that (preferably a left back) would be a bonus for me

4. I need an awareness and acceptance from all the fanbase that there is no quick fix to this malaise, and it will take time to get the club challenging again - for me it is pointless putting an expectation of where we will finish next season cos this is a squad low on talent (and probably about to lose wilshere (and I suspect ramsey and one or two other first 11 players), and the squad will need a major injection of quality and that simply will not happen in one transfer window.

5. Finally I need the club to strive to be winners again and do everything in their power to do so - falling short is ok as long as they (the board, managers, coaches and players) have done everything they could to be winners, but I cannot accept a mindset where our ambitions go no higher than finishing top 4 each season, and where merely qualifying for knockout stages of champs league is considered as success
This. 100% agree.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

We have also wasted the talent of Lacazette and Aubamerang away from home. They look so isolated as a lone striker. We need a formation that produces and creates more chances for them.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 am
We have also wasted the talent of Lacazette and Aubamerang away from home. They look so isolated as a lone striker. We need a formation that produces and creates more chances for them.
I saw a stat that during saturdays match Bananaman made the most sprints, but he had the least touches of the ball (28 I think ) it’s because we rarely play a through ball instead going for the slow paced monotonous 200 passes game.

augie

Post by augie »

I think we also need a manager to come in and be aware that salvation will not be coming from "internal solutions"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... up-success

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:32 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
I saw a stat that during saturdays match Bananaman made the most sprints, but he had the least touches of the ball (28 I think ) it’s because we rarely play a through ball instead going for the slow paced monotonous 200 passes game.
I think you'll find that the reason he didn't get the ball on Saturday was because he was there by himself in an empty stadium. :D :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 pm
StuartL wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:
I think you'll find that the reason he didn't get the ball on Saturday was because he was there by himself in an empty stadium. :D :wink:
And he still didn't score :? :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 pm
StuartL wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:

And he still didn't score :? :lol:
Ha ha, guess I win the I really can’t be arsed award this week (didn’t watch any of it)

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

I have had low expectations for years. Don’t think I’ll change my mind next season.