ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:10 am
Crazy transfer news filtering out,

Several papers reporting we have made a £50 million bid for Maguire, that cant be real?

Is this £45 million transfer budget bullshit, who knows?

think you might have been dreaming :lol

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Redarmy wrote:

Several papers reporting we have made a £50 million bid for Maguire, that cant be real?

This is not even bullshit, it's beyond that. He's not going to United (doesn't want to) for 90m because of no CL and he'll come to Arsenal for 50 and the same thing as United? Leicester are gonna laugh at us if we propose 50.

augie

Post by augie »

We have a meagre/pathetic transfer budget and I get that (even if I am pissed as hell over it), but please don't embarrass us any further by making RIDICULOUS bids for players like we have supposedly done for maguire and Zaha - when manure have a £70m bid turned down, we come in and counter it with a bid of £20m less ?? FFS stop already :oops: :oops: :oops:

It is bad enough and hard enough to justify ourselves as a genuine big club to non-Arsenal buddies when we have a non-league level transfer budget, but to carry on like we are in the transfer window with these low ball bids is beyond cringeworthy, and it has every media outfit in the country laughing at us :evil: :evil: :evil:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Feeling a bit sorry for the Brazilian lad this morning as he has been bought for the future and the transfer issues at the club are nothing to do with him and his purchase has gone under the radar a bit, so

Welcome to The Arsenal - Gabriel Martinelli :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm underwhelmed at the moment !

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:56 am
Whilst i agree mate, it's not really his fault :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:

To throw in a quote from a movie years ago ………… "you can be underwhelmed and overwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed ?" :lol: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:18 am
Redarmy wrote:

think you might have been dreaming :lol
yeah maybe, or a nightmare

Just cant get my head around what our transfer team are trying to achieve?

If they want a player why not make an honest offer to buy him, why does it all turn crazy, do they think they are being clever, like the infamous £40 million and £1 offer....just dont get it?

Herd

Post by Herd »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:14 am
Herd wrote:

To throw in a quote from a movie years ago ………… "you can be underwhelmed and overwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed ?" :lol: :lol:
Dunno the film but there is a shipping term called whelmed and thats when the water has gone above the plimsol line and is level with the uppermost deck often referred to as Gunnels or Gunwales in old parlance !

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Seeing as UTD had a 70 mil bid rejected now is the time for us to steam in with a 35 mil bid for Mc guire 🙄

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Relax peeps. The newspapers have to fill 10-15 sports pages every single day with brand NEW content - and as on most days the square root of absolutely fuck all happens it really shouldn't come as any surprise that 95% of what they write is complete and utter bollocks.

My major concern is that Raul's cock has been out for an awfully long time at this stage, it really is starting to become undignified. Come on to fuck, get that Tierney deal done so he can zip that thing back up.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 am
Relax peeps. The newspapers have to fill 10-15 sports pages every single day with brand NEW content - and as on most days the square root of absolutely fuck all happens it really shouldn't come as any surprise that 95% of what they write is complete and utter bollocks.

My major concern is that Raul's cock has been out for an awfully long time at this stage, it really is starting to become undignified. Come on to fuck, get that Tierney deal done so he can zip that thing back up.

I said it to you before rodders and I will say it again, I don't think that Tierney deal will happen - firstly there is a real chance another club will come in and do the deal while we are fannying about, but also I think that there has to be a point coming where celtic will turn around and tell AFC to fcuk off and don't come back. Everywhere you look there are fans and former players speaking about how good a player Tierney is (parlour is the latest but I guess he has a pro-celtic agenda too :roll: ), but yet 2 weeks later we dont seem any closer to getting the deal done. Nowadays modern fans are more about big name signings than signings of need, but it is very telling that at the kit launch and on online platforms, the vast majority of fans are dismissing the zaha deal and stressing the importance of fixing the defence first

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From the Truth....what a fucking shambles

Over the past five seasons, Arsenal has spent £395 million on players, which makes a mockery of the generally accepted belief that Stan Kroenke has not provided adequate transfer investment. However, Kroenke is guilty of overlooking an abysmal CEO and manager who, hand in hand, committed a litany of disastrously incompetent financial decisions, both incoming and outgoing, while paying themselves obscene amounts of money for the privilege.

By any other definition, one might call it a scam.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

not sure the Tierney transfer will happen, or even if the lad wants it....think our transfer team fucked up again and put everyones backs up, see that *word censored* Sutton having a dig at the Arsenal, but while we act like this just feeds their hatred

May still get done as no one else is seriously contesting it, know Napoli are sniffing around.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:37 pm
From the Truth....what a fucking shambles

Over the past five seasons, Arsenal has spent £395 million on players, which makes a mockery of the generally accepted belief that Stan Kroenke has not provided adequate transfer investment. However, Kroenke is guilty of overlooking an abysmal CEO and manager who, hand in hand, committed a litany of disastrously incompetent financial decisions, both incoming and outgoing, while paying themselves obscene amounts of money for the privilege.

By any other definition, one might call it a scam.
My point has for a long time been that the problem with Wiggy was not the money we have spent- it is that he as THE BOSS allowed employees (Wenger and the Lizard) to spend that money badly and then did nothing when he should have used his sole authority to sack them as soon as he took control. His just letting them spend money was not enough oversight even though we had idiots defending him because he apparently had done his duty as owner in letting them spend money. :roll: