ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

Fuck this is all so damn embarrassing :(

To add insult to injury, with Griezmann going to Barca (we offered £25M apparently :roll: ) then AM are going to have a pot of cash and a requirement for a new striker. Bearing in mind Laca agreed to sign for them before he came to us due to AM's transfer ban then you have to wonder what was being discussed between the club and his agent yesterday :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:37 am
Feeling a bit sorry for the Brazilian lad this morning as he has been bought for the future and the transfer issues at the club are nothing to do with him and his purchase has gone under the radar a bit, so

Welcome to The Arsenal - Gabriel Martinelli :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Haven't we been here before with a young brazillian striker, wasn't his name wellington or something like that?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Feeling a bit sorry for the Brazilian lad this morning as he has been bought for the future and the transfer issues at the club are nothing to do with him and his purchase has gone under the radar a bit, so

Haven't we been here before with a young brazillian striker, wasn't his name wellington or something like that?
This geezer has an Italian passport though so won't need 600 loan deals get the transfer done 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:20 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Dont hold your breath on that one, apparently he is Edu's cousin, all set for a nice little earner :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm
Maybe someone more qualified than me can answer this question for me - in American football (and I assume other American sports), under contract players can be traded from one team to another team and the players have no say in it, so why cant the same happen in football ?? Is there some human rights issue that can stop us from sending mustafi to besiktas, and if so what is it ? If they are still being paid their agreed wage as per the contract, why should they be allowed have a say in whether they stay or go ?

I think it is high time we challenge this legally cos it is the only way that we are gonna rid ourselves of deadwood like the Armenian pussy, the Turkish german, and the useless german :roll:
The Turkish German asked today what he likes about being at the Arsenal.... :rubchin:

Not sure but along with Mustafi and Mikitaryian just sit there and keep fucking quiet, maybe no one will notice

augie

Post by augie »

Potentially good news from the fenians who want the club to sign Tierney

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -contract/

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I dont think this thread has ever been more pointless!
The clubs around us all spending the equivalent of our entire budget on one player!
We are finished as a top club, have never felt so uninterested in a new season!
With Kroenke at the helm and clueless Dick as manager, I fear we are on the brink of our worst season in what will for many “living memory”

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:43 pm
The clubs around us all spending the equivalent of our entire budget on one player!
We are finished as a top club, have never felt so uninterested in a new season!
With Kroenke at the helm and clueless Dick as manager, I fear we are on the brink of our worst season in what will for many “living memory”
Thats it...forget about winning a CL in our lifetime it aint going to happen...we are truly FUCKED

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We used to be a big club :( our transfer activity is a fucking joke :oops: we left our beautiful iconic home to compete with the best we were told :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Think we'd have more luck shifting the deadwood from our squad if we just killed them, harvested their organs and sold them on the black market

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

goonersid wrote:
you want us to pay 70 million for harry Maguire, 50 million for a palace winger with one season under his belt, or a 22 yo French DM for 54 million ?

the market is hyper inflated because both Real Madrid and united need total rebuilds.

fuck em all - let them waste their money.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm
goonersid wrote:
you want us to pay 70 million for harry Maguire, 50 million for a palace winger with one season under his belt, or a 22 yo French DM for 54 million ?

the market is hyper inflated because both Real Madrid and united need total rebuilds.

Yes a lot of truth in that...meanwhile we are stuck with a pile of shit in our squad, we need replacements urgently or we could be in trouble

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yeah, he got the boot though!! 8)

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Maybe not, but there is a middle ground and we aint nowhere near it cos we haven't the funds to compete. We are so tied up with players that bring nothing to the table, and we haven't got money to bring in new players without selling them, and we have minimal space in our wage budget to even pay free signings cos of the big wages these c.unts are on. God himself wouldn't be able to bring us back to the top table working under these circumstances

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

clockender1 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

That’s not I’m saying, but no matter the market, the better players will always cost more and the fact is “we wont pay it”
As for wasting money? I’d gladly waste the clubs money all day fucking long!