ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:12 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:04 pm
Have to say that I was surprised to read about this transfer today.

He looks quite good and also Utd and Liverpool amongst others were in for him which speaks volumes. Usually no one else wants the type of player we've been going for.

Let's hope they can confirm this one in the next couple days and put to bed the bs about zaha.

If we don't believe every rumoured signing linked to us, then why would we believe rumours for other clubs ? The meeja say that the victims and manure were after him, but that is just rumours and not necessarily true - I doubt very much that the victims are after him tbh
:shock: :lol:

Is this the guy that slags off The Arsenal at every perceived media transfer speculation as well those of their son's, are you American, cos they don't get irony either :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I think I'm beginning to see where UE is going with this, meaning I expect this season to be a right off or at best a consolidation season but if we can get Tierney and Pepe happens then things might not be as bad as they seem at first glance. Our defence is definitely ropey and although we expected him to strengthen it maybe he has a different idea.

I'd expect a few out goings to help bolster finances but not much else from here. But in retrospect we may come out of UEs first two seasons slightly ahead. :rubchin:

I'd really still like to see at least some of Iwobi, Mhiki, Mustafi, Elneny, Kos, and Xhaka go as a minimum but maybe interest is lacking for what we are asking for them but it's going to be an interesting few more weeks I think :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Like WOW!!! and WTF!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137976

I

:oops:

am

beginning

to

get

Excited! :-P :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49137976

All we need is the Tierney deal to get done and as our Dear Rodders might say

The Ball Bag Shall Explode!!! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We have a defence that loses us games and trophies. Why the fuck are we buying wingers?

Priority has to be rebuilding that shit defence ffs.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:25 pm
We have a defence that loses us games and trophies. Why the fuck are we buying wingers?

Why are we buying wingers for £72m ?? If we need a winger badly then sign soares for half that price, or fraser for less than that again ffs.
Dunno what the transfer strategy is tbh ? Some retarded fans might be w.anking themselves silly over a high (ish) profile attacking signing, but the rest of us live in a real world where defensively we are horrendous and need serious upgrades

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Why are we buying wingers for £72m ?? If we need a winger badly then sign soares for half that price, or fraser for less than that again ffs.
Dunno what the transfer strategy is tbh ? Some retarded fans might be w.anking themselves silly over a high (ish) profile attacking signing, but the rest of us live in a real world where defensively we are horrendous and need serious upgrades
Yes we do need defenders first and foremost but something tells me that will also happen...but hey some people think they know everything don't they when in fact they are the real retards.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:44 pm
I just cannot buy into the story that we are signing pepe, and tbh I'm not sure if I would want us to sign him

For starters I am still in the "where the fcuk are our quality defensive signings" mode ? Right now there isn't an attacking player in the world (and I include messi and aguero in there) that I would sign ahead of (at least) 2 quality defensive signings. I don't give a fcuk if you buy into the reported £45m transfer budget or if you believe that it is a total smokescreen, the reality is that we haven't got a bottomless pit of money available, and £70m is way too big of an outlay when we have zero prospect of raising funds through selling the dross (mikki, mustafi, iwobi, jenks).

Secondly, while I am not totally sold on Zaha, I would prioritise signing a winger that knows the premier league over an unknown and unproven winger from abroad. The type of money involved is significant even in todays market, so surely there would be a more proven option ?
Saw an early post that Emery is looking to stick with what he has defensively, maybe with Tierney being added, that's what i reckon as well

Lets hope Holding can do the business alongside Socrates, Bellerin and Tierney

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:56 pm
augie wrote:
I just cannot buy into the story that we are signing pepe, and tbh I'm not sure if I would want us to sign him

For starters I am still in the "where the fcuk are our quality defensive signings" mode ? Right now there isn't an attacking player in the world (and I include messi and aguero in there) that I would sign ahead of (at least) 2 quality defensive signings. I don't give a fcuk if you buy into the reported £45m transfer budget or if you believe that it is a total smokescreen, the reality is that we haven't got a bottomless pit of money available, and £70m is way too big of an outlay when we have zero prospect of raising funds through selling the dross (mikki, mustafi, iwobi, jenks).

Secondly, while I am not totally sold on Zaha, I would prioritise signing a winger that knows the premier league over an unknown and unproven winger from abroad. The type of money involved is significant even in todays market, so surely there would be a more proven option ?
Saw an early post that Emery is looking to stick with what he has defensively, maybe with Tierney being added, that's what i reckon as well

And if dick thinks we have enough defensively, then maybe he should be removed from the position cos only a fool would think that :oops:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

And if dick thinks we have enough defensively, then maybe he should be removed from the position cos only a fool would think that :oops:

He's a 4 -3 kinda guy :rubchin: :? :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:13 pm
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Absolutely......and one injury and we have Mustafi back in the team, lets see if he adds any defenders worrying thing is not linked with any as yet
Most clubs make enquiries public to invite several clubs to bid

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

We have only agreed the fee with Lille we haven't yet agreed terms with the player ,paper's reporting that Psg,inter Milan, Napoli ,Atletico Madrid and Utd have all registered an interest in him.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:03 pm
We have only agreed the fee with Lille we haven't yet agreed terms with the player ,paper's reporting that Psg,inter Milan, Napoli ,Atletico Madrid and Utd have all registered an interest in him.
Exactamundo my learned friend
Agreeing the fee with the club most certainly isn’t having the player signed, sealed and delivered - we shall see.
I’m still more concerned at getting Tierney signed up (but as he is recovering from injury, I guess the club feels there is no rush)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would prefer Pepe to Zaha. But I would prefer a top class defender/CB to Pepe - But who is out there CB's that is) other than the much touted Maguire who for me is nowhere near the £80mill being quoted for him.

Top Class CB's are much harder to come by than attackers/ forwards ... If the club don't buy any Defenders - including Tierney - Then they must be relying on the apprentices/reserves/academy .. because Mustafi and his like are beyond awful as we all know,

Surely they cannot just leave the defence as it is ???? Can they? :shock: :?

I hope we do get Pepe, BUT only if they also sign the equivalent in defence ... But Who??? I don't know enough about to defenders to even make a guess or suggestion, but I do know maguire is not all he is said to be.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Are there no prospects in the lower divisions anymore, surely there has to be some potential there, I know it was a different era when we picked up Bould and Dixon from Stoke (*word censored*) and winterburn from the dons but there has to be some options down there, we seem to be totally dependent on foreign signings these days

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Anybody else getting pissed off with adverts all over the forums?, I’m constantly closing down the same pop up