ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Welcome Nicholas Pepe he will be a great signing. World soccer had him down as best newcomer to theLigue1 and the one to watch for the season ahead. We've actually joined the big boys club
Along with Cellabos these are quality signings. Tierney looks like a deal that is definitely on.
We have signed a CB in Saliba, same age as Zech Medley. Both look like potential Van Dijk type players in build and quality. Even if we sell both Koscielny and Mustafi I would give Holding and Sokratis a chance to pick up where they left off last season before Holding's injury. We need a settled defence and if only Tierney was added in this window I think that would be sufficient enough to improve the defence.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

Defenders . . . thats ALL thats left!

If this club SHELLS OUT the remainder on Zaha & Completely Neglects the defense, [Chump change on a PissPoor CB JUST FOR APPEARANCES...Rugani4Example]

Then we will be PREFECTLY UN-BALANCED!!!

TOP HEAVY without a care in the world for the MIDDLE & THE BACK....

Because with [I don't even want to type it] C@p Xhaka at the Helm in the middle, Assisting enemy striker & Doing Nothing as usual,

Trying to draw fouls, when as Arsenal, we Should have a Viera in the Middle Ever Present, not this guy...

We need Defenders & to be rid of Some DEADWOOD. or we ain't breaking down ANY TEAM that sits back 442 in the box!

All our 'PACE' & 'SKILL' Will be Negated by a solid, Boring Rigid & determined Defensive lines,

& our HIGH-LINE POROUS defense Will be exploited & Worn down to Bar NONE!

Herd

Post by Herd »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:42 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:51 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:54 am
Just some administrative issues according to the Lille chairman. Calm your titties you bunch of hysterical bastards :lol:

P.S. Tierney’s coming :barscarf:

Watching people masturbate online is less of a hobby and more of an obsession for me. Drop those vids into my DM’s you handsome fuckers.

Tierney is in the bag, don’t listen to
Augie he’ll drive ya to fucking despair the miserable bastard :lol:

Since I’ve gone balls deep on the Prozac life’s good man. We’re slowly but surely turning the ship around, the ship Lord fucking A-Hole had been sailing full steam in the wrong direction for close t
I have reaped the harvest of my own making

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I can't believe we got the deal over the line. This window was the club in the balance effectively as all the teams below us are spending without a care in the world and had we not properly strengthened, we would have slid beyond belief. The only missing piece to the puzzle is Tierney and should we get him, this will be up there as one of the best transfer windows we have ever had. My only hope between now and the window shutting is we get rid of both Koscielny and Mustafi though worringly, Emery keeps saying he is trying to change Koscielny's mind about leaving. Anyway delighted with Pepe :barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Absolutely buzzing about this, Still think we are aa leeetle short of The Victims and Oilers generally but this should put us above the rest.

I really didnt think we would be in this position at the start of the window :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I'm sorry but that 4 - 3 quote of Dick's still worries me.

Pepe is an exciting signing but we appear to be doing the wenker thing all over again against shoring up the defence :?

As mentioned above unless we make the CL, something big happens on the commercial income front or wiggy sticks his hand in his pocket our transfer budget for next summer is basically spent already. We're all doomed :lol: :barscarf:
Last edited by Jock Gooner on Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I dont think so Jock, the team have much more of an edge or metal to them now under Dick. I just cant see the shitfest results happening in the way it used to. Im sure we will have off days like all teams do. The mentality is not as it was though.

Theres a more ruthless streak in the manager and team which is so welcome. I accept thet playing the Chelsea refugee wasnt a good sign though in the final :twisted:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Let's hope so although the 2 goals we shipped against Lyon were both typical current Arsenal defending.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Theoperator wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:17 am
I dont think so Jock, the team have much more of an edge or metal to them now under Dick. I just cant see the shitfest results happening in the way it used to. Im sure we will have off days like all teams do. The mentality is not as it was though.

Theres a more ruthless streak in the manager and team which is so welcome. I accept thet playing the Chelsea refugee wasnt a good sign though in the final :twisted:
The defence definitely needs upgrading, but they would most certainly benefit from better cover all over the pitch, midfield and wings (Iwobble and Mick O Taryan / Ozil ) do little ‘ next to nothing in terms of tracking back- let’s see if the new acquisitions are happier to contribute both ends of the pitch.

BTW - why hasn’t somebody (anybody) come in with a multi million pound bid for Iwobble ?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bielik to Derby done c. £9.5M - payment probably over 5 years :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Theoperator wrote:

Having a ruthless streak isn't enough though if the talent isn't there to support it - we have the same defenders we had last season, and that ruthless streak was in them then, but yet we were still dire defensively all season long. I am buzzing with the signings we have made thus far but I have to say that, if we don't buy teirney and a good centre back, then this window will have been a very, very poor window for us. If dick and the backroom staff and transfer team reckons the defence will have now is good enough to tide us over until saliba arrives, then they are clueless imo

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just heard it's £7.5M upfront with addons over 5 years. Decent bit of business......does that mean we've enough to finalise Tierney :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:05 pm
Theoperator wrote:

The defence definitely needs upgrading, but they would most certainly benefit from better cover all over the pitch, midfield and wings (Iwobble and Mick O Taryan / Ozil ) do little ‘ next to nothing in terms of tracking back- let’s see if the new acquisitions are happier to contribute both ends of the pitch.

BTW - why hasn’t somebody (anybody) come in with a multi million pound bid for Iwobble ?

Said to my youngest lad yesterday that if Zaha went to Napoli it might be great for us - firstly he wouldn't be in a position to punish us for not signing him, but secondly (and maybe more importantly) it would give palace a wedge of cash to spend on a winger, and lard arse might be in their thoughts :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:05 am

Pepe is an exciting signing but we appear to be doing the wenker thing all over again against shoring up the defence :?

As mentioned above unless we make the CL, something big happens on the commercial income front or wiggy sticks his hand in his pocket our transfer budget for next summer is basically spent already. We're all doomed :lol: :barscarf:
Well he got the 3 conceded part right last season. Hopefully, we have enough fire power to get to the 4. :D

The way I see it, basically, if we are not in the top 3 by Christmas Emery will get the sack. The amount of wedge wiggy has freed up this summer he'll want instant results. Without question we will have to beat Spurds and Liverpool in the opening month.

When we won the league in 89 and 91 Adams and Bould weren't world class, neither were Dixon and Winterburn. They worked consistently as a unit, with O'Leary who was international class. We don't need to have the best defenders in the world, we need to have a team that stops the ball getting through to the defence. Richardson, Davis, Thomas, Rocastle, Marwood could all hold up play, and put in a challenge. Same could be said for Vieira, Petit, Gilberto, Edu,Parlour and DB10. Even wrighty and Henry would get stuck in on occasions. We haven't got the midfield/ forward players to match title winning teams of the past. Lacazette is a player that gets stuck in, Auba started to after his sinus op. The midfield of Xhaka, Ozil, Iwobi, and Mhiki doesn't have that aspect in their play. The defence is just vulnerable and always on the back foot because the midfield just allow teams through.
I haven't seen much of Cellabos but he comes across as a Pires type player. Pepe will definitely create chances for the front two. Hopefully, Tierney will give us the defensive capability we've lacked on the left side of defence. It'll be a big season for Willock. In pre-season and even in Baku he made a huge difference in our midfield. I cannot see a place in the starting eleven for Ozil, Iwobi or Xhaka.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:47 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:05 am

Well he got the 3 conceded part right last season. Hopefully, we have enough fire power to get to the 4. :D

The way I see it, basically, if we are not in the top 3 by Christmas Emery will get the sack. The amount of wedge wiggy has freed up this summer he'll want instant results. Without question we will have to beat Spurds and Liverpool in the opening month.

When we won the league in 89 and 91 Adams and Bould weren't world class, neither were Dixon and Winterburn. They worked consistently as a unit, with O'Leary who was international class. We don't need to have the best defenders in the world, we need to have a team that stops the ball getting through to the defence. Richardson, Davis, Thomas, Rocastle, Marwood could all hold up play, and put in a challenge. Same could be said for Vieira, Petit, Gilberto, Edu,Parlour and DB10. Even wrighty and Henry would get stuck in on occasions. We haven't got the midfield/ forward players to match title winning teams of the past. Lacazette is a player that gets stuck in, Auba started to after his sinus op. The midfield of Xhaka, Ozil, Iwobi, and Mhiki doesn't have that aspect in their play. The defence is just vulnerable and always on the back foot because the midfield just allow teams through.
I haven't seen much of Cellabos but he comes across as a Pires type player. Pepe will definitely create chances for the front two. Hopefully, Tierney will give us the defensive capability we've lacked on the left side of defence. It'll be a big season for Willock. In pre-season and even in Baku he made a huge difference in our midfield. I cannot see a place in the starting eleven for Ozil, Iwobi or Xhaka.

What wedge is that then ?? :? Have we spent more than the rumoured £45m transfer kitty fund ? Most of our deals are on the never never, and we have already recouped £16m in sales (inc belik), so I dunno what wedge that wiggy b.astard and his slimy son have released