ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:59 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:56 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:24 pm
20M euros for Xhaka.....what's to discuss :shock:
Fucking magical :barscarf:

Yeah but I heard it is a tenner up front and the rest in bonuses for completed passes, tackles won, sprints won etc :banghead: :banghead: :shock: :shock:
And deductions for every pointless booking and free kick he gives away?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:55 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:34 pm
Tbh I'm not sure keeping PEA is worth it, you could probably get two decent CBs for the money you would get and I dont want another Sanchez and Ramsey farce, if he wont sign a new contract
Sell him for £60m+ and use the money to buy dunk or a centre back like that - I don't care if it takes every penny of the auba fee to get a good centre back, but buying 1 very good one is preferable to buying 2 average to good ones
There's a left footed 20 year old French centre half that's currently tearing it up at Dortmund. Dan-Axel Zagadou is his name. Apparently doing better than the Leipzig centre backs Upemecano and Konate apparently.

I think we could get him for around £50 million. Zagadou alongside Saliba would probably the most physically imposing centre back pairing in the league and would sort us and possibly France out at the back for the next ten years.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Sky Sports News, both Napoli & Roma want to sign Sead Kolasinac. Napoli are said to be keen on bringing the left-back to the club next month. Roma, however, are understood to interested in a deal next summer. #Arsenal https://t.co/5DGNGhqW2a

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Hertha Berlin are edging closer to a deal for Granit Xhaka. [@kicker]

augie

Post by augie »

Very rarely do we hear of clubs coming in with straight up transfer fee's for our players - continental clubs are fcukers for coming in looking to loan our players with the prospect of a transfer fee down the line, but that is fcuk all use to use. Edu should tell these clubs that we are only interested in straight up cash deals, and if they haven't got the cash to do a deal then they shouldn't bother picking up the phone

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Website: Gossip.

New Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta wants Napoli winger Dries Mertens, 32, with the Belgium international into the final year of his contract.

(Calciomercato)
Arsenal are also considering a January move for Bayer Leverkusen's 27-year-old German forward Kevin Volland. (Sky Sports)

If either of these has any truth to them, perhaps Auba and Laca are on their way out?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta says he will sit down with [Raul, Edu] to discuss the upcoming transfer window. He has some 'ideas' that will be discussed. [@SkySportsNews]

Arsenal want to recall William Saliba from his loan at Saint-Etienne in January rather than the end of the season “if possible”. [@GillesFavard] #afc https://t.co/oBXw1KtkZ0

augie

Post by augie »

Not a snowballs chance in hell of this happening :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... leicester/

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:12 pm
Not a snowballs chance in hell of this happening :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... leicester/
I'm getting a bit worried about you and The Sun mate :D

The same paper where everyone got ahead of themselves because Emery was definitely set to recall Xhaka........

Our board and recruitment team are too busy lining up a 32 year old winger from Napoli - clearly the position we need to strengthen most given how well sorted the defence is :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:32 am
According to Sky Sports News, both Napoli & Roma want to sign Sead Kolasinac. Napoli are said to be keen on bringing the left-back to the club next month. Roma, however, are understood to interested in a deal next summer. #Arsenal https://t.co/5DGNGhqW2a
Love Napoli and Roma :lol:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:52 am
augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tbh I'm not sure keeping PEA is worth it, you could probably get two decent CBs for the money you would get and I dont want another Sanchez and Ramsey farce, if he wont sign a new contract
Sell him for £60m+ and use the money to buy dunk or a centre back like that - I don't care if it takes every penny of the auba fee to get a good centre back, but buying 1 very good one is preferable to buying 2 average to good ones
There's a left footed 20 year old French centre half that's currently tearing it up at Dortmund. Dan-Axel Zagadou is his name. Apparently doing better than the Leipzig centre backs Upemecano and Konate apparently.

I think we could get him for around £50 million. Zagadou alongside Saliba would probably the most physically imposing centre back pairing in the league and would sort us and possibly France out at the back for the next ten years.
Any one of the 3 you mentioned partnered with Saliba will significantly stabilise our defence. DAZ briefly played LB/RB when Hachimi wasn't there and though he struggled he wasn't a shit show so multi-position defender is a plus.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Zagadou do do, push pineapple shake a tree.

Sorry, I’ve had too much alcohol

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

wibble wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:52 pm
Zagadou do do,punt mustafi on a free. :-P

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I understand where you're coming from Augie but i cant see our board countenancing the entire funds raised on one CB, not a chance..... its been like that since about 2010, we will never spend over the odds on defensive players (the boards perceived odds, not the players actual value).

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

wibble wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:52 pm

One thing in life I have learnt is never apologize for having to much alcohol. Well unless you are right before a judge...