ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Eddie Nketiah & Emile Smith Rowe set to depart on loan this week.

Arsenal have picked their three for Nketiah and will present final trio to Smith Rowe tomorrow.

A bit of insight in piece as well on granular details Arsenal go into in shortlisting clubs https://t.co/5tZ4Zx8euN

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Turkish Football:

-Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has been offered to Galatasaray by an intermediary close to the club.
-Galatasaray would only be able to afford on a six to an 18-month loan move.
-Galatasaray will hold meeting to assess situation.

https://t.co/8nj0YPOC9F

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:01 pm
Turkish Football:

-Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has been offered to Galatasaray by an intermediary close to the club.

Okay here's a tenner, let's have a whip around quick before they change their minds! :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Globe Esporte, #Arsenal are one of 3 clubs in talks to sign €5m rated Brazil U17 right-back Yan Couto. Cortiba president Samir Namur expects to close the deal in the coming days but the player will stay at his current club till the summer. https://t.co/0hNGLy83lF

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Turkish Football:

Okay here's a tenner, let's have a whip around quick before they change their minds! :?
So we can only afford to pay them in instalments, I didnt realise we were so badly off :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:14 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Turkish Football:

So we can only afford to pay them in instalments, I didnt realise we were so badly off :wink:
As long as the wig wearing skinflint rich as fuckkk cunnt is the owner we will ALWAYS be 'badly off' mate. :? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC website says we have made a bid for Cavani (PSG)..I dodn't get it...unless Laca or Auba are leaving, why the feck would we need another striker?...We """NEED""" Defenders!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i

augie

Post by augie »

If we could get this guy for £40m it would be a no brainer, plus our central defence would be sorted for the next 5 or 6 seasons

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ristensen/

Dunno if him and luiz would be too similar to play alongside each other for the next few months, but I would still buy him in a heartbeat at that price.
If we had him, luiz and guendouzi in the squad, we should seriously consider approaching vidal Sassoon as our official hair products sponsor 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Telegraph: Arsenal looking to sign a midfielder & a defender this window.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Telegraph: Arsenal looking to sign a midfielder & a defender this window.
In other news, Spring comes after Winter.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:12 am
BBC website says we have made a bid for Cavani (PSG)..I dodn't get it...unless Laca or Auba are leaving, why the feck would we need another striker?...We """NEED""" Defenders!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i
Wouldn't even surprise me if Laca walks out this summer. My hope is we retain one, wouldn't let go any if it was my choice but I feel one will be offloaded because they want to walk, and that's fine for me because both should be in a CL team at least.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wouldn't even surprise me if Laca walks out this summer. My hope is we retain one, wouldn't let go any if it was my choice but I feel one will be offloaded because they want to walk, and that's fine for me because both should be in a CL team at least.
Auba's contract is up first. If we continue to play him out wide then he may well have decided to cash his chips while he can.

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Rian1 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Auba's contract is up first. If we continue to play him out wide then he may well have decided to cash his chips while he can.

I'll be honest when I say that, when both are going full pelt, laca is a better fit in the middle than auba cos auba doesn't work hard enough or hold up the ball well enough imo. I see some games where auba doesn't try as hard as he should, but I've never felt or seen anything that suggests that he is unhappy playing wide left - usually when goalscorers are scoring goals, then tend not to care where they are playing

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I'll be honest when I say that, when both are going full pelt, laca is a better fit in the middle than auba cos auba doesn't work hard enough or hold up the ball well enough imo. I see some games where auba doesn't try as hard as he should, but I've never felt or seen anything that suggests that he is unhappy playing wide left - usually when goalscorers are scoring goals, then tend not to care where they are playing
Laca works harder but Auba will always outscore him unfotunately.

Sorry, don't agree with the out wide comment at all. At the bowl Auba's at his most disinterested when he's on the left and that has been clear to see for some time now. He will think that he should be the main man through the middle and I would fully agree with that. We should stop trying to shoehorn them both in and just play him with Martinelli and Pepe wide as our starting option. A shame for Laca but will provide better balance to the team imo.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Rian1 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Laca works harder but Auba will always outscore him unfotunately.

Sorry, don't agree with the out wide comment at all. At the bowl Auba's at his most disinterested when he's on the left and that has been clear to see for some time now. He will think that he should be the main man through the middle and I would fully agree with that. We should stop trying to shoehorn them both in and just play him with Martinelli and Pepe wide as our starting option. A shame for Laca but will provide better balance to the team imo.
I agree. No point pushing both out although that is what is considered a strong attack. We simply can't have the luxury of having one CM/CDM due to our capabilities because if we did we can comfortably play both ST (just a thought). The 41212 systems are considered 'old' - everyone and their dogs play 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 or something with variants of Pep ball.