ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... adrid.html

RM sniffing round Martinelli for £50m. Not surprising Arsenal now going to treble his wages.

Tbh not surprised at this, he would cost three times as much in a few years if he meets his potential.

Naki_Gooner

Post by Naki_Gooner »

Santi Cazorla is free at the end of the season, just saying, he's better than the dross we're running at the moment.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#Arsenal are offering £4.5m to loan Matviyenko, with an obligation to buy at the end of the season for £22m. https://t.co/Z0wBFEFRVB

John F

Post by John F »

I haven't got a clue how to post links ,according to the Mirror online Arsenal fans are starting a new club next season in the 9th tier Dial Square FC.Similar to what AFC Wimbledon did.

nut flush gooner

John F wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 am
I haven't got a clue how to post links ,according to the Mirror online Arsenal fans are starting a new club next season in the 9th tier Dial Square FC.Similar to what AFC Wimbledon did.
Not really transfer news but massive error for the Arsenal fans to set up a new club in SE London.

Although Arsenals fanbase is international these days, the hardcore still comes from North London and the surrounding counties. I wouldn't support a new club claiming to represent Arsenal fans south of the river.

John F

Post by John F »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am
John F wrote:
Not really transfer news but massive error for the Arsenal fans to set up a new club in SE London.

Although Arsenals fanbase is international these days, the hardcore still comes from North London and the surrounding counties. I wouldn't support a new club claiming to represent Arsenal fans south of the river.
It is going to be based in Surrey with the aim of ending up in Woolwich.I am not sure how they are going to get players but Mustafi might be interested :D

nut flush gooner

John F wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am
John F wrote:

It is going to be based in Surrey with the aim of ending up in Woolwich.I am not sure how they are going to get players but Mustafi might be interested :D
Given all that seems to happen in Finsbury Park these days is stabbings, any new club would be better off building a stadium in the park with a view to regenerating the area.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ceballos moaning (via his agent) about not getting enough game time, Arteta has said something along the lines of … If he wants his place he must fight for it...

Valencia have reportedly (5Live) approached Arsenal & R.Madrid to take him on loan.

Get Rid I Say.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Ceballos moaning (via his agent) about not getting enough game time, Arteta has said something along the lines of … If he wants his place he must fight for it...

Valencia have reportedly (5Live) approached Arsenal & R.Madrid to take him on loan.

Get Rid I Say.
I had high hopes for him, but he offers very little in reality.
We have no creativity in central midfield, relying on the wingers and overlapping fullbacks makes us very 1 dimensional in my book.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:03 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Get Rid I Say.
We have no creativity in central midfield, relying on the wingers and overlapping fullbacks makes us very 1 dimensional in my book.

A bit like the victims then :rubchin: I don't think there is a midfield 3 anywhere in the world as devoid of creativity as those murdering scouse b.astards :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:56 pm
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Get Rid I Say.

A bit like the victims then :rubchin: I don't think there is a midfield 3 anywhere in the world as devoid of creativity as those murdering scouse b.astards :evil:
You don't rate Jordan Henderson??!! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Get Rid I Say.

I may be wrong (has happened once before) but I think their fullbacks / wingbacks can cross a ball.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ESPN Brasil say #Arsenal have made an offer for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari. https://t.co/unPQDCWOeL

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 pm
ESPN Brasil say #Arsenal have made an offer for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari. https://t.co/unPQDCWOeL
Sources in Brazil are saying he's already on his way to London. He was a Man City player at one stage so Arteta must know something about him.

phpBB [video]

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:00 pm
augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Get Rid I Say.

I may be wrong (has happened once before) but I think their fullbacks / wingbacks can cross a ball.

You are 100% correct my friend - the point I was making was in relation to the lack of midfield creativity you mentioned.
Our game up in victimsland this season was the day I turned against emery big time - the world and it's mother knows that their attacking full backs are the key to their success, and for some unbelievably stupid reason, emery plays a midfield diamond and leaves the wings empty for their full backs to bomb forward :roll: I was as angry that day as I have been at any time over the last decade under le cock :evil: :evil: :evil: