ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Spot on Augie, maybe I should have overdone the sarcasm with alot of pointless emoticons

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

wibble wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Sky sports reporting that he has arrived for his medical.

Can’t say I know anything about him but if it stops Mustafi playing it has to be this news. Surely
I’ve seen pictures of him with Edu at the airport, so looks extremely likely assuming medical okay.

Don’t know anything about him, but like Augie wasn’t impressed by his “highlights “ reel ( a few of his headers go backwards / sideways )

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Main media outlets suggesting its a loan deal with option to buy, BUT other outlets saying he will be la permanent signing this window.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Mari.html

At City for 3 years never got a game. Apparently we are "splashing out" 7.5 m for him. If we keep him we get 5m back.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I’m not even ‘Whelmed’ at this signing! Straight out of the Wenger ‘Bargain Basement’ book..... :banghead:

If a Spaniard is even half decent he wouldn’t be playing in Brazil FFS!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Guess we're back to the same old Arsenal penny pinching on positions of need, I expect they'll splash the cash on some expensive less essential positions in the summer :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23 pm
I’m not even ‘Whelmed’ at this signing! Straight out of the Wenger ‘Bargain Basement’ book..... :banghead:

So you're from.Spain, you had three years at Manchester City where you were loaned out but never played for City and then you went to Brazil where defending allegedly isn't important, so what do you have to say that convinces us that you are now a Premier League central defender. ?
Say that in a Simon Cowell voice..

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23 pm

I assumed he was Brazilian :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:56 pm
Spot on Augie, maybe I should have overdone the sarcasm with alot of pointless emoticons
You don't have the intelligence or wit to be sarcastic.

But from what I recall you do like to have a pop at people when they are facing a personal crisis.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Let me educate you, the sarcasm was aimed at augies post not yours, for the simple reason I have you on ignore, and only see your posts when someone else quotes them.

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:01 pm
Let me educate you, the sarcasm was aimed at augies post not yours, for the simple reason I have you on ignore, and only see your posts when someone else quotes them.

Dunno whether I should be pissed out you for dissing my earlier post, or apologise for quoting someone else's post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

What's this all about......is the thinking that if we sign enough cheapo duds then eventually one of them will turn into a bit of a find.

This seems to be a simple case of he's cheap but he's better than Mustafi so he'll do.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:00 pm
What's this all about......is the thinking that if we sign enough cheapo duds then eventually one of them will turn into a bit of a find.

This seems to be a simple case of he's cheap but he's better than Mustafi so he'll do.
Tbh there is no evidence he is better than Mustafi, I know Mustafi is utter crap but this is exactly the sort of signing you'd expect a newly promoted team to go for if he was any good, I'll be honest and say I've never heard of him...... :rubchin:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

John F wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 am
I haven't got a clue how to post links ,according to the Mirror online Arsenal fans are starting a new club next season in the 9th tier Dial Square FC.Similar to what AFC Wimbledon did.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-21349247

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... enal-fans/
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

5 goals in 59 minutes for Harland at Dortmund

Useful