ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mail claim #Arsenal's deal for Pablo Mari on the verge of collapsing. Mari had his medical and was set to sign with friends even congratulating him on his move but a late hitch has seen negotiations stall at the final stage. https://t.co/iKqxH5eVxN

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:16 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:55 am
I know that it is only the sun newspaper (before the midget mod points that out), but this transfer (even on loan) makes zero sense to me, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if it happens

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -left-out/
I think zero sense is a little over the top given that it’s been a problem area for a Long time now.

I can’t comment on Lemar as a player but signing a Creative player who can play on the left makes sense given that we’ve been shoehorning Aubameyang out there for 2 years.

It also makes sense if Auba is off in the summer.

No idea if he’s good enough though

But don't we have enough wingers already ? We have saka, nelson, club record signing pepe, and of course player of the season so far martinelli - why would we need another winger ?? :? :?

That is also forgetting the fact that the guy went to barca and flopped, and has now gone to athletico madrid and flopped, and the stories of his attitude and application being a problem just wont go away

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Word from Arsenal is talks with Flamengo over the Mari deal still ongoing. He was always due to head back to Rio at the end of the weekend after his medical. As stated on Saturday, club working on initial loan - Flamengo we know want a permanent deal.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:33 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 pm
Unbelievable, just heard VVD wants to leave in Summer. Hearing Juventus. This is from two sources that couldn’t be bigger or nearer the club. Medal/s then off. Don’t shoot the messenger.
I think this would be the start of a mass exodus if this is true.
Why would they leave?

It's not looking like any other team is near capable of stopping them winning the league for few years
Trust me, if Pep stays he WILL make sure City do not slack next season. This season Sane and Laporte's injury cost them the defeats that were easily avoidable. Pep didn't adjust (for some odd reason) and had to have his most reliable CDM at CB - leaving CDM vacant and sit Rodri there alone most of the time. In turn, it landed KDB the role to go deeper than usual and LW/RW pressing inside instead of hugging the lines.

Liverpool are a different force, yes, but they should've and could've dropped points in 3/4 games if players like Sarr, El Ghazi (?) and Cody didn't go bottle mode.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

A Flamengo director said: "I already spoke with Pablo Marí now. We expect him at Ninho do Urubu this afternoon (to start pre season). We had agreed to sell him for a fee, he arrived in London, Arsenal changed (the terms). Flamengo is a serious club."

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

More reports from Brazil saying the issue is one of the fee. Arsenal unable to pay the €9m agreed - which would explain why we’ve been trying to do a loan deal.

However Arsenal dress it up, the player going back to Brazil within 48 hours of arriving in London is not positive.

Arseblog

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:29 pm
More reports from Brazil saying the issue is one of the fee. Arsenal unable to pay the €9m agreed - which would explain why we’ve been trying to do a loan deal.

However Arsenal dress it up, the player going back to Brazil within 48 hours of arriving in London is not positive.

Arseblog
If only we had a billionaire owner

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are expecting an approach from Barcelona for Aubameyang in the final week of the transfer window. Barca still keen on player, but fear they will be priced out deal with Arsenal potentially demanding over £50 million [@TelegraphSport]

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:18 pm
Arsenal are expecting an approach from Barcelona for Aubameyang in the final week of the transfer window. Barca still keen on player, but fear they will be priced out deal with Arsenal potentially demanding over £50 million [@TelegraphSport]

Is this April 1st ?? :lol: :lol: Derisory offer ffs :roll: Selling him to reinvest is one thing, but giving him away for fcuk all is not acceptable :censored:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:16 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:55 am
I know that it is only the sun newspaper (before the midget mod points that out), but this transfer (even on loan) makes zero sense to me, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if it happens

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -left-out/

I think zero sense is a little over the top given that it’s been a problem area for a Long time now.

I can’t comment on Lemar as a player but signing a Creative player who can play on the left makes sense given that we’ve been shoehorning Aubameyang out there for 2 years.

It also makes sense if Auba is off in the summer.

No idea if he’s good enough though

But don't we have enough wingers already ? We have saka, nelson, club record signing pepe, and of course player of the season so far martinelli - why would we need another winger ?? :? :?

That is also forgetting the fact that the guy went to barca and flopped, and has now gone to athletico madrid and flopped, and the stories of his attitude and application being a problem just wont go away
Lemar has never played for barca.

Pepe plays from the right so I don’t see that as good reason not to sign someone on the left.

After that, you mention 3 kids (Saka, Martinelli and Nelson) for the left side. I’m not yet convinced by Saka and Nelson, but I agree Martinelli looks class.

If Auba goes, I’d like to see a quality addition on the left. That would make sense to me.

Im not saying we should sign Lemar, I just disagree with you that it makes zero sense when it’s clearly an area that needs attention. Obviously a centre back and midfielder are more pressing though!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ESPN Brasil say Arsenal's deal to sign Pablo Mari has collapsed. Sources have told ESPN Brasil that Flamengo were opposed to the terms of #Arsenal's proposal & Mari has already returned to Brazil after undergoing a medical in London. https://t.co/KOZUeuMWOm

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I am completely whelmed by this latest development. 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

New management team...........same old transfer negotiating!! Couldn't win the lottery with the only ticket FFS. Joke of a club.

Oh.....and Barca are worried that Arsenal may potentially ask for more than 50m for PEA??????? Well that or Messi and 25m......what do you think Barcawhores? Another joke club. :roll: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

'We are working day and night to bring in the best players unfortunately we couldn't find enough loose change to make a serious offer this time' deja vu :roll:

Mid table we are and likely mid table we'll remain until serious people begin to run this club. I was not enamoured of this loan but seriously if the reports are true and even Brazilian teams dont consider us serious negotiators then we have a real problem :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 pm
Unbelievable, just heard VVD wants to leave in Summer. Hearing Juventus. This is from two sources that couldn’t be bigger or nearer the club. Medal/s then off. Don’t shoot the messenger.
I think this would be the start of a mass exodus if this is true.
What movement of Jah people ?
Did 3 little birds tell you ?
I fear you may be waiting in vain
But if you are correct I will proclaim you a natural mystic