ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wibble »

You could argue that Xhaka not starting was the reason we were shit against Villa (although you would obviously be talking bollox)

However, given he came on at half time and was shit and the team performance continued to be shit, clearly that negates that argument. Coupled with the fact that he has been shit the entire time he has played for us and you could more reasonably argue that you’d have to be insane to post on a forum that Xhaka is the answer to our midfield problems. He is one of our most significant contributors to our midfield problems.

Has your drinking increased during lockdown by any chance nos? :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:22 pm
Hopefully, when the new season starts Mari will be fit and make the difference to the backline we are all craving for. I think he will make a huge difference to the style that Arteta wants to play. I think our defence will be strengthened by who we can sell rather than buying in this window.

Xhaka has the potential to do the job for us Jordan Henderson has done at Liverpool. For years nobody wanted him at the club , didn't know what he gave to the team but since the arrival of klopp he has been indispensable. I don't know what it is about xhaka but the managers continue to pick him, even Freddie, and more importantly his teammates trust him. Cannot understand it myself but it was noticeable at villa the difference it made when he wasn't starting. So, its who can we afford to buy to play alongside Xhaka rather than who will replace him. Adding Partey and Countinho would be a massive step forward in our current squad. Although, Buendia from Norwich may be a brilliant signing, even though he's Argentinian and not Brazillian.

It is absolutely essential we keep Aubameyang. That will be our key signing of the summer for our forward line.

This is our worse season in 25 years but looking at the squad the transition started by Emery now needs to be finished off in this window by getting rid of a lot of players. Take the hit on what we can get for them and move Ozil and his posse out of the club.
I'm sorry Nos but Jesus Christ mate did you actually watch Xhakatard against Villa? :shock:

Absolutely shocking performance.

Lumbering inept stupidity, no idea about positioning, firing off lazy floaty 50 yard diagonal balls across 11 villa players bunched up together - crosses that dropped 10 yards short of his intended target. The guy offers nothing. NOTHING. :x

Fair enough the defence of xhaka is always gonna raise eyebrows, but it is the bit in blue that has stumped me - what does that even mean ? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:20 pm
You could argue that Xhaka not starting was the reason we were shit against Villa (although you would obviously be talking bollox)

However, given he came on at half time and was shit and the team performance continued to be shit, clearly that negates that argument. Coupled with the fact that he has been shit the entire time he has played for us and you could more reasonably argue that you’d have to be insane to post on a forum that Xhaka is the answer to our midfield problems. He is one of our most significant contributors to our midfield problems.

Has your drinking increased during lockdown by any chance nos? :wink:
:lol:

I hope you don't take offence here Nos but wibble's post has me laughing out loud. Not at you Nos buddy not at you. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Hopefully, when the new season starts Mari will be fit and make the difference to the backline we are all craving for. I think he will make a huge difference to the style that Arteta wants to play. I think our defence will be strengthened by who we can sell rather than buying in this window.

Xhaka has the potential to do the job for us Jordan Henderson has done at Liverpool. For years nobody wanted him at the club , didn't know what he gave to the team but since the arrival of klopp he has been indispensable. I don't know what it is about xhaka but the managers continue to pick him, even Freddie, and more importantly his teammates trust him. Cannot understand it myself but it was noticeable at villa the difference it made when he wasn't starting. So, its who can we afford to buy to play alongside Xhaka rather than who will replace him. Adding Partey and Countinho would be a massive step forward in our current squad. Although, Buendia from Norwich may be a brilliant signing, even though he's Argentinian and not Brazillian.

It is absolutely essential we keep Aubameyang. That will be our key signing of the summer for our forward line.

This is our worse season in 25 years but looking at the squad the transition started by Emery now needs to be finished off in this window by getting rid of a lot of players. Take the hit on what we can get for them and move Ozil and his posse out of the club.
I'm sorry Nos but Jesus Christ mate did you actually watch Xhakatard against Villa? :shock:

Lumbering inept stupidity, no idea about positioning, firing off lazy floaty 50 yard diagonal balls across 11 villa players bunched up together - crosses that dropped 10 yards short of his intended target. The guy offers nothing. NOTHING. :x
As I said, I cannot understand it, nor see they reason why he gets picked and is trusted by his team mates. We just have to accept he ain't going anywhere fast.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Fair enough the defence of xhaka is always gonna raise eyebrows, but it is the bit in blue that has stumped me - what does that even mean ? :?
simple means that we seem to be linked to a lot of brazillian players since edu turned up e.g. willian, countinho, thiago silva, couple of brazillian super kids. If a few more turn up we will be to brazillian players, what wolves are to portugese players.

augie

Post by augie »

Fair enough - I thought that you were correcting somebody that had labelled him as brazilian :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:22 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

As I said, I cannot understand it, nor see they reason why he gets picked and is trusted by his team mates. We just have to accept he ain't going anywhere fast.
Oh right. Sorry I thought you were having some kind of break down and complimenting him! :shock: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @abolapt, Arsenal has long been crazy about Joelson Fernandes & yesterday there were several meetings, in which #Arsenal intensified their interest. https://t.co/EV5mZGb8BD

Sporting Lisbon officials are aware of the interest of #Arsenal & the desire of the English club to close the transfer as soon as possible, as they look at Joelson as not only as a player with huge potential, but with qualities to be the next Cristiano.
https://t.co/bOzenpxvCd

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

We'll probably end up buying whatever second rate shite Kia Joorabchian is hawking out! He's got his claws into the club, and is best mates with Edu and has Raúl Sanllehi up his arse!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Not so much Transfer Rumour or News BUT The kind of news that excites most Gooners! :D

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/de ... kel-arteta

Ex-Netherlands forward and Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp says he would be open to returning to the club as a coach in the future. (FourFourTwo)

Dennis Bergkamp exclusive: “I’d love a return to English football – Arsenal would be ideal”

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

More worrying than anything else is the fact that although we seem to be linked with purchasing nearly every professional on the planet there is a distinct lack of rumours of us actually fucking anyone off out the door (except AMN but he doesn't count as a professional footballer :wink: ) :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:39 am
More worrying than anything else is the fact that although we seem to be linked with purchasing nearly every professional on the planet there is a distinct lack of rumours of us actually fucking anyone off out the door (except AMN but he doesn't count as a professional footballer :wink: ) :rubchin:

Whether true or not, guendouzi is continually linked with a lot of top european clubs

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I refer to my comment re AMN :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:39 am

Aaaaah! Just like under wenger then :D :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Stop trying to win votes !! :evil:

All true though !

:lol: :wink: