ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 am
Being reported in that rag the Sun this morning that the Willian deal is dependant upon Mkhitaryan being off the wage bill next season.......as if that isn't a done deal. If that gormless ManUre reject comes back Ozil will have a season long buddy sat up in the stands hopefully

Just shows you the mess left behind by that senile old cock - Mustafi, Ozil, Mkhitaryan, Xhaka - The Unsellables
That is the prefect description for them

From Invincibles to the Unsellables...what has become of THE Arsenal I fell in love with as a young lad playing keepy uppy? :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Auba is getting that reported 300 grand a week then there will have to be a substantial clear out of the squad to pay the way.

Can’t see how me manage to pay that wage and fail to bin off the bug eyed bottle job so forcing him out needs to be priority number one.

Torreira is hinting at an exit which would be no great surprise and with Willian coming in will Laca be the one to make way from the front 3 to accommodate him, possibly Atletico.

One of the keepers, AMN, Mustafi only has one year left on his contract and no talk of a renewal (thank fuck) but with his injury will be very hard to shift.

Going to be a busy few weeks that’s for sure.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Is it me or do our negotiations always seem to drag on and on, the main players we've been linked with have been 'approached' before the season even ended but we seem to be no closer to actually seeing any of them in an Arsenal shirt, wanted or unwanted, the same goes for the outgoing players, rumours upon rumours, but no actual movement :rubchin:

With the very short time span to the start of the new season surely Arteta needs to know ASAP so he can start planning for pre-season and the season starting as soon as possible :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:47 pm
Just to give ye a laugh

According to Mark Irwin, #Arsenal are set to spend £100m this summer to sign key targets Thomas Partey, Gabriel Magalhaes & Dani Ceballos. But they will need to sell at least three of their current squad & offload a couple more to fund the spending spree. https://t.co/Wqtmk1l8pv
:lol:

So from the superstars that TOF nearly signed to the £100M we nearly spent. What a club :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:02 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:47 pm
Just to give ye a laugh

According to Mark Irwin, #Arsenal are set to spend £100m this summer to sign key targets Thomas Partey, Gabriel Magalhaes & Dani Ceballos. But they will need to sell at least three of their current squad & offload a couple more to fund the spending spree. https://t.co/Wqtmk1l8pv
:lol:

So from the superstars that TOF nearly signed to the £100M we nearly spent. What a club :lol:
See I hate reports like that because if you factor in 'selling and off loading' you aren't really spending £100M you are reallocating already invested funds, take into account the money on sales and exactly how much has been spent :rubchin:

We all know funds will be tight this year due to Covid 19, even the richest best run clubs will have to to tighten their belts due to a small downturn in revenue so be fucking honest with Supporters, PR and Spin from Businesses like ours really fucks me off because we are not stupid we can and will understand and respect honesty......but we will also spot bullshit a mile off :box:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta 'overruled by Arsenal board in disagreement over putting young star Ainsley Maitland-Niles up for sale' https://t.co/OGbXTZvpfM

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:26 pm
Mikel Arteta 'overruled by Arsenal board in disagreement over putting young star Ainsley Maitland-Niles up for sale' https://t.co/OGbXTZvpfM

Any chance they can overrule him re xhaka and mustafi while they are at it ? :rubchin:

I should also add that this "story" is a very convenient excuse protecting arteta over maitland-niles's sale

Midz

Post by Midz »

Any chance we can stop throwing colossal sums of money at over rated and old has been players and start investing in younger prospects?

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:28 pm
Any chance we can stop throwing colossal sums of money at over rated and old has been players and start investing in younger prospects?

At the risk of being lambasted (again), I will say that in my opinion that strategy doesnt allign with arteta's vision

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Daily Star exclusively claim that Alexandre Lacazette will be on his way to Atletico Madrid as soon as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang signs a new Arsenal deal. Lacazette could leave for around £30m. #Arsenal https://t.co/0Hqy6efL8s

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The days of Wenger being judge, juror and executioner over transfers are long dead and buried. Don Raul and his agent buddies are calling all the shots now.

I’m sure there is some consultation with :roll: Arteta over players, but ultimately just like when Emery was in charge, their job is to coach the players given to them from the top brass.

No way was the likes of Cedric Soares was anything other than a Raul/Kia transfer which should actually be investigated by someone.

We paid 4 million quid in January for an injured player who was available for free this summer. He barely kicked a ball for us since joining but Kia got his palm greased on the deal and fuck knows what Raul got out of it (whatever the modern equivalent of a brown envelope is probably) :roll:

The scouts have been binned off so it’s open season on Kia’s black book this summer so we best brace ourselves.

What happens when we sign up all his players? A free happy meal for completing the set? :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I’d be disappointed if we sell ANM. I think he’s already a better defensive and offensive full back than Bellerin so I’d rather we developed AMN and sold Bellerin.

Problem is, that doesn’t work if AMN wants to be a central midfielder, so he’ll need to leave as it’s clear that all of his last 3 managers (Arteta, Emery, Arteta) see him as a wide player.

augie

Post by augie »

Do the nationality and home grown rules still exist in the premier league ? A lot of the players we are rumoured to be selling or loaning (amn, holding, bellend and nelson )are players that make up the required numbers in those categories, and none of those we are linked with signing would be in those groups. Those are/were requirements for squad sizes for every club and if you didnt have enough home grown players, then your squad would be that number of players short, so it will be interesting to see how that fits into our transfer dealings

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am
Do the nationality and home grown rules still exist in the premier league ? A lot of the players we are rumoured to be selling or loaning (amn, holding, bellend and nelson )are players that make up the required numbers in those categories, and none of those we are linked with signing would be in those groups. Those are/were requirements for squad sizes for every club and if you didnt have enough home grown players, then your squad would be that number of players short, so it will be interesting to see how that fits into our transfer dealings
It’s a good point. We’ve probably got loads though...

Saka, nketiah, willock, Martinez, Smith Rowe, bellerin, tierney, chambers, Nelson....

I’d still keep AMN and Holding ahead of Bellerin/Cedric/kolasinac (AMN) and Mustafi/Luiz/Sokratis (Holding) though.

That said, if the media are right (hahahaha :lol: :lol: ) that AMN is valued at £30m and wants to play centre midfield rather than full back, I can see why we’d sell :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:19 am
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am
It’s a good point. We’ve probably got loads though...

Saka, nketiah, willock, Martinez, Smith Rowe, bellerin, tierney, chambers, Nelson....

I’d still keep AMN and Holding ahead of Bellerin/Cedric/kolasinac (AMN) and Mustafi/Luiz/Sokratis (Holding) though.

That said, if the media are right (hahahaha :lol: :lol: ) that AMN is valued at £30m and wants to play centre midfield rather than full back, I can see why we’d sell :rubchin:

Apple never falls far from the tree buddy - after years of the english trying to claim successful Irish people as their own, you are now trying to claim Tierney as english too :lol: :lol: :lol: