ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:18 pm
Dani Ceballos is coming back to Arsenal on loan. Advanced talks and agreement to be completed soon - as reported by @JLSanchez78.
Arteta has called Ceballos to convince him - three bids turned down to come back to #AFC. Green light from Real Madrid soon. ⚪️🔴 #transfers #Ceballos
:suicide:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:22 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:11 am
According to @TEAMtalk, #Arsenal will sell Calum Chambers for the right price this summer & TEAMtalk understand Leeds are ready to fight Fulham for his signature. He has been told by Mikel Arteta that he is not in his long-term plans & is free to leave. https://t.co/w0W2CGFEJp

Arsenal have made it clear to Chambers that he can move on with a price of around £12m placed on his head. The Gunners also made it clear they would like to sell, rather than loan Chambers out. As far as Arteta is concerned Chambers’ Arsenal career is over.https://t.co/dF1Bcv0UdS

I seen some story on ssn earlier linking matt doherty with a move from wolves to some other club (cant remember who), and the fee talked about was £12m - that would be an absolute steal imo. He is a tough right full who likes to get forward and chip in with assists and goals - in other words he is everything bellend isnt.

My man ....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tottenham/

Let me just clarify again, I want AFC to sign him cos (a) he would be an upgrade for the position and (b) he is cheap and it would allow us to sell bellend and make a profit to use elsewhere 8) That he is also a Gooner is just a bonus :barscarf:
I see the scum were forced to tackle the fact he’s a lifelong gooner in their unveiling video :lol: It was done well to be fair.

Anyway the whole transfer just goes to show how much power certain agents hold in the game these days. Jorge Mendes is an advisor to the Wolves owners, who also have a stake in his business; he’s the agent of Wolves coach Nuno; he’s Maureen’s agent AND he’s also Doherty’s agent. Clean sweep.

So if you’re wondering how this transfer happened....wonder no more.

Game’s fucked.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

am finally hearing whispers of Estrella man coming back for a 2nd loan spell...

would be the sensible thing, our midfield looking pretty dry with elneny and xhaka pulling the strings next season

augie

Post by augie »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 pm
am finally hearing whispers of Estrella man coming back for a 2nd loan spell...

would be the sensible thing, our midfield looking pretty dry with elneny and xhaka pulling the strings next season

Really and truly with or without ceballos we have a dull as dishwater midfield - unless arteta plans on playing willian in midfield, it appears that the only player with any creativity is smith-rowe

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:01 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:07 pm
OFFICIAL: Henrikh Mkhitaryan leaves Arsenal for AS Roma after mutual termination of his contract.

Mkhitaryan contract cancelled by mutual consent. Joins Roma on a permanent basis. This was always the aim when it was announced he would be extending his loan to finish last season.

No fee, but Arsenal get his huge wage off the wage bill.
What did Arsenal pay for him? My worst memory of him was him being brought on in the NLD last September when Arsenal had Spuds on the ropes. He came on and Martinelli stayed on the bench, despite the world knowing he was going to Roma the following day.
I remember that game well :banghead: we were a bawhair from needing a new telly ffs :oops: Thank fuck he's away and off the wage bill :barscarf: one piece of shite flushed and hopefully some more tollies to follow.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:43 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Dani Ceballos is coming back to Arsenal on loan. Advanced talks and agreement to be completed soon - as reported by @JLSanchez78.
Arteta has called Ceballos to convince him - three bids turned down to come back to #AFC. Green light from Real Madrid soon. ⚪️🔴 #transfers #Ceballos
Oh come on rodders! Does the thought of a midfield of Granit "Vieira" Xhaka, Ainsley "Pele" Maitland-Niles and Dani "Bergkamp" Ceballos not put even a twitch into your undies? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:06 am
IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE!!!????????????

All these Feckin' hair ads!??

Doesn't the site owner realise that some people on here are Follicly Challenged. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Aw dude.... don't tell me you've gone "full augie" mate? :cry:

:wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:43 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Oh come on rodders! Does the thought of a midfield of Granit "Vieira" Xhaka, Ainsley "Pele" Maitland-Niles and Dani "Bergkamp" Ceballos not put even a twitch into your undies? :D
He had a semi decent (nothing to get a horn over) last 5/6 games with the standout moment being the winner at Sheffield United in the cup quarter final but he's not the creative linchpin I hoped he would be when he first joined which is what our midfield is in desperate need of.

His 24 league games for us last season - 0 goals and 2 assists. Grim.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

#Arsenal are targeting #Aouar before #Partey because:

1: Partey has a release clause that is valid at any time
2: Partey has agreed personal terms with Arsenal
3: Partey has informed Arsenal that we are his first choice no matter who wants him
4: Aouar has multiple suitors

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Now that Mlhitaryean is definitley off the payroll hopefully that frees up a bit more in cash to make that contract offer to Aubamayang by the end of the week. It really wouldn't surprise me if this was a main reason why the contract hasn't been signed yet. Looking at Auba's behaviour in and around the squad, he doesn't give the impression he wants to leave. Maybe, it is the club administration and budgeting that's delaying these moves.
Was playing staff part of the 55 people at Arsenal being made redundant? Explains why he had his contract paid off. Obviously, the biggest threat to the remodelling of the Arsenal squad is Ozil staying. That's £350,000 a week of a squeezed payroll budget Arsenal simply need to free up.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:52 am
#Arsenal are targeting #Aouar before #Partey because:

1: Partey has a release clause that is valid at any time
2: Partey has agreed personal terms with Arsenal
3: Partey has informed Arsenal that we are his first choice no matter who wants him
4: Aouar has multiple suitors

Buddy you are deluded if you think that we will get Aouar - hope I am wrong but I would be amazed if we got him

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gabriel to be officially unveiled this evening at 16.17hrs 8)

:D
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John F

Post by John F »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:08 am
Now that Mlhitaryean is definitley off the payroll hopefully that frees up a bit more in cash to make that contract offer to Aubamayang by the end of the week. It really wouldn't surprise me if this was a main reason why the contract hasn't been signed yet. Looking at Auba's behaviour in and around the squad, he doesn't give the impression he wants to leave. Maybe, it is the club administration and budgeting that's delaying these moves.
Was playing staff part of the 55 people at Arsenal being made redundant? Explains why he had his contract paid off. Obviously, the biggest threat to the remodelling of the Arsenal squad is Ozil staying. That's £350,000 a week of a squeezed payroll budget Arsenal simply need to free up.
I would bet the thinking is with every week Arsenal delay Aubas new contract signing they save a few grand.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

John F wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:47 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:08 am
I would bet the thinking is with every week Arsenal delay Aubas new contract signing they save a few grand.

:lol: You're probably right but then again as Auba's agent I would be adding a little clause into the new contract backdating the increase 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 am
Gabriel to be officially unveiled this evening at 1800hrs 8)
Confirmed on website just now