ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by g88ner »

Arteta saying Arsenal still working on bringing a player in.

At this late stage, I just wonder if whoever we’re chasing is tied to a player we’re loaning out or selling?.

If it’s true than Guendouzi is off to hertha, is there a midfielder there who we’d sign?

Or at Atletico if torreira goes there? - surely we wouldn’t loan them a player if we’re getting no good will whatsoever in return despite us chasing one of their players all summer?! :oops: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:35 pm
Arteta says he's confident that "we know exactly what we want to do and we're trying our best to finalise the deals we want"

Joe Cole’s not coming :barscarf:
Maybe it is Loic Remy this time? Higuain? Benzema?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Phillipe Mexes on a year long loan with an option to euthanise him at the end of the season I’m hearing 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I dont think we've been linked with Griezeman this year yet :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Press Association understands that a move for Thomas Partey could still go through. #Arsenal https://t.co/ZnUM9x7xvp

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror say Matteo Guendouzi has been lined up for a deadline day move to Hertha Berlin. #Arsenal https://t.co/uiZoy8h8ES

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:03 pm
The Mirror say Matteo Guendouzi has been lined up for a deadline day move to Hertha Berlin. #Arsenal https://t.co/uiZoy8h8ES
On loan..... :suicide:

Any obligation to buy at the end of it?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

As reported by @johncrossmirror, Matteo Guendouzi is close to a loan move to Hertha Berlin.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:33 pm
Lacazette dropped, not brought on when it was obvious that Eddie wasn't up to it...Long shot but is he leaving tomorrow?
Mmm that was a bit worrying, Lacazette is the only player we have who can hold up play and lay it off.

Eddie can come on for the last 15 mins and poach but he can’t hold up the ball

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah the fact that Laca got no game time today despite having scored in every league game to date is a bit suspicious unless he has leetle bit niggle.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

would people take swapping him for partey? if hes going then it must be for spending big bucks,

im not sure. again like aoaur no idea if partey is all that, people say he is. laca can be a devasatating striker, but too infrequently for me. id prefer to keep him as we have no one who can hold it up like he does and eddie aint the answer, but then the midfield is where we are taking on massive water as its undermining defence and attack completley, so maybe a sacrifice for the greater good. if it meant aouar and partey then id say yes, but for just partey maybe not.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

one thing all this window bollox on aouar will hopefully do is be the death knell for ITK wankers on twitter wgho are just BS merchants, 3 of the best being R24, conrad harrison and GoonerTalk...MCd are any of them you!?! ;)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

There has to be a chance e we can get Partey if we can offload Colossusnatch to Leverkusen for 10m. We supposedly offered 32m for Aouar so that would mean we have 42m, surely we could get a 3m loan from Ozil To activate Partey’s release clause??

Can’t see us selling Laca unless we sign a striker. If we could swap Laca and 10m for Partey and then sign Luca Jovic from RM......that might work??

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I still have the horrible feeling 'all' our deals are going to fall through on deadline day and either there will be a ridiculous trolley dash or nothing will happen :roll:

I cant understand why so many other teams get deals done and dusted and we are nearly always pissing around up to the deadline.....

shu

Post by shu »

Well we aren't the pull that we once were , I will be very disappointed if we don't get one of the midfield targets . It was pretty obvious today we knew need more options , sums it up when we bring on that prick Xhaka .