ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:49 am
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:05 am
Who the fuck wanted to offer Mustafalaff a new contract at Arsenal? I bet it’s Arteta! In the next 6 months or so I bet he gives Xhaka a new longer/improved contract. :banghead:
I think the method to the madness was to offer him a one year deal in order to get some sort of fee this summer instead of him walking for free.
He had a year left this Summer and no c.unt wanted him, so when he's another year older how is that gonna work?

Honestly Rodders, you can't defend Arteta on this??? If he has offered this c.untslop an extension, that is probably as mystifying as signing Saliba and not playing him
Absolutely not defending anybody who would want to keep that prick at the club SteveO, but that's not why he was offered the extension (and it's also the reason why he didn't sign it). With no transfer fee he'll maximize the cash he will get at whatever club is dumb enough to take him on next summer and no way was he giving us a slice of the pie by signing an extension here.

With side show signing his extension and Gabriel coming in this summer I'd imagine the plan was to shift both Mustafi and Sokrites during the window but the injury Mustafi got in the cup semi final fucked all that so he couldn't be shifted.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Who the fuck wanted to offer Mustafalaff a new contract at Arsenal? I bet it’s Arteta! In the next 6 months or so I bet he gives Xhaka a new longer/improved contract. :banghead:
Honestly if Arteta does that then any lingering support he has from me is gone.

Worst thing is, I bet he fucking does! :oops:
Cant be arsed to check but Mustafi and Xhaka signed in the same window :suicide: and Mustafi's contract is up at the end of this season you would imagine that Xhaka's is too.....unless he got a longer contract?

I haven't heard of any talk of an extension and don't fucking want to either!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Cant be arsed to check but Mustafi and Xhaka signed in the same window :suicide: and Mustafi's contract is up at the end of this season you would imagine that Xhaka's is too.....unless he got a longer contract?

Oh you wish :lol:

Xhaka is here till 2023 :barscarf: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Just did some research.....I don't remember this at all :suicide:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/granit-xha ... e%20bench.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

He signed a new contract a while back, all the masturbation is robbing you of your memory :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A fair trade off McD :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Lets be honest, Arteta hasn't moved many players on at all has he?

In Dick's first season we got shot of 26 players permanently and 9 on loan. Before he was ousted in his second season we got shot of another 20 players permanently and 9 more on loan. Mustafi and Xhaka were certain to be on the list with them come January. Of those 46 players we got rid of 16 were players who had played first team football - and with very few exceptions (like Santi for sentimental reasons), people were delighted to see the back of them. Anyone craving the likes of Iwobi, Jenkinson, Ospina, Joel Campbell and the like? I didn't see many round here raving about Ramsey, Wilshere, Welbeck and Lichsteiner either. Before anyone says that some of their contracts wound down, he could have renewed them as easily as Arteta has chosen to with David Luiz......and allegedly attempting to with Mustafi.

Compare that to this summer - we got shot of 8 players, of which only 2 (Martinez and Mkhitaryan) had played a first team match. Reading most people's comments on here they were disappointed to see Martinez go, and providing there aren't many Mkhitaryan fans, that's one single player in Arteta's first window with first team experience who he has got shot of.

Instead we have got players like Elneny back at the club - someone very few of us thought would ever play another game, and recalled Ceballos for another year on loan.

Isn't it better to try something new and fail, than watch the ship go down with the same old foot soldiers who've let you down time and time again?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

In Dick's first season we got shot of 26 players permanently and 9 on loan. Before he was ousted in his second season we got shot of another 20 players permanently and 9 more on loan. Mustafi and Xhaka were certain to be on the list with them come January. Of those 46 players we got rid of 16 were players who had played first team football - and with very few exceptions (like Santi for sentimental reasons), people were delighted to see the back of them. Anyone craving the likes of Iwobi, Jenkinson, Ospina, Joel Campbell and the like? I didn't see many round here raving about Ramsey, Wilshere, Welbeck and Lichsteiner either. Before anyone says that some of their contracts wound down, he could have renewed them as easily as Arteta has chosen to with David Luiz......and allegedly attempting to with Mustafi.

Compare that to this summer - we got shot of 8 players, of which only 2 (Martinez and Mkhitaryan) had played a first team match. Reading most people's comments on here they were disappointed to see Martinez go, and providing there aren't many Mkhitaryan fans, that's one single player in Arteta's first window with first team experience who he has got shot of.

Instead we have got players like Elneny back at the club - someone very few of us thought would ever play another game, and recalled Ceballos for another year on loan.

Isn't it better to try something new and fail, than watch the ship go down with the same old foot soldiers who've let you down time and time again?

That is the point I am continually making about players like saliba, smith-rowe etc - people claim that saliba must be shit, but we already established that mustafi is very shit so what have we got to lose ? If arteta was trying to change things but without having immediate success I would support him cos imo he would be recognising why we are failing - problem here is that el beige has recalled some of those failures to the squad and integrated them with the failures like xhaka and mustafi that were already stinking the place out of it, and that to me causes serious concerns over the judgement of arteta. Like I said yesterday, either he is too stupid to see how shit the likes of xhaka and mustafi are, or he is so fcuking arrogant that he thinks that he is able to turn complete shite into gold - never even jesus christ could do that with these c.unts :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think it's arrogance with Arteta. Actually I hope it is because if its stupidity we are completely fucked. :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

That is the point I am continually making about players like saliba, smith-rowe etc - people claim that saliba must be shit, but we already established that mustafi is very shit so what have we got to lose ? If arteta was trying to change things but without having immediate success I would support him cos imo he would be recognising why we are failing - problem here is that el beige has recalled some of those failures to the squad and integrated them with the failures like xhaka and mustafi that were already stinking the place out of it, and that to me causes serious concerns over the judgement of arteta. Like I said yesterday, either he is too stupid to see how shit the likes of xhaka and mustafi are, or he is so fcuking arrogant that he thinks that he is able to turn complete shite into gold - never even jesus christ could do that with these c.unts :roll:
People had the cheek to say Emery didn't get rid of enough deadwood - fuck me, I'd see he did more than any manager could reasonably be expected to do looking at that turnover of players. I'm not going to go back over the old ground with him as it is time to move on, but those saying he should have got rid of more rubbish like Mustafi, now defending the manager who supposedly wants to offer him a new deal. Xhaka virtually ever present in the league, david Luiz new deal, Elneny back from the dead, Lacazette restored ahead of Martinelli before his injury, Cedric signed permanently.......and not a single creative player signed in the Summer. All the players he was allegedly going to shift like Sokratis still here too

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

People had the cheek to say Emery didn't get rid of enough deadwood - fuck me, I'd see he did more than any manager could reasonably be expected to do looking at that turnover of players. I'm not going to go back over the old ground with him as it is time to move on, but those saying he should have got rid of more rubbish like Mustafi, now defending the manager who supposedly wants to offer him a new deal. Xhaka virtually ever present in the league, david Luiz new deal, Elneny back from the dead, Lacazette restored ahead of Martinelli before his injury, Cedric signed permanently.......and not a single creative player signed in the Summer. All the players he was allegedly going to shift like Sokratis still here too
Not sure what you've been reading mate but I can't find anyone defending Arteta based on that myth. All I can see is people still saying the shit needs to go and Arteta hasn't done enough.

Also, Emery "getting rid of" a pile of bit part players, youths and reserves whilst NOT getting rid of the 1st team regulars that needed to go is not "getting rid of the deadwood" that he needed to get rid of. He didn't get rid of Xhakatard, Kolossalsnatch, Mustafalaugh, Elnumpty, Sokratis, Lacofeffort, Kryten Features, Bellend, Micky Tarragon, Pillock, Maitland-Bendtner etc etc etc zzzzzzzzz.... ah fuck it I give up. :lol:

Emery was a fucking disaster and Arteta is heading off down that road too.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:27 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not sure what you've been reading mate but I can't find anyone defending Arteta based on that myth. All I can see is people still saying the shit needs to go and Arteta hasn't done enough.

Also, Emery "getting rid of" a pile of bit part players, youths and reserves whilst NOT getting rid of the 1st team regulars that needed to go is not "getting rid of the deadwood" that he needed to get rid of. He didn't get rid of Xhakatard, Kolossalsnatch, Mustafalaugh, Elnumpty, Sokratis, Lacofeffort, Kryten Features, Bellend, Micky Tarragon, Pillock, Maitland-Bendtner etc etc etc zzzzzzzzz.... ah fuck it I give up. :lol:

Emery was a fucking disaster and Arteta is heading off down that road too.
Impossible to get rid of all those players knowing that the transfer budget was so limited mate and you know it - I'd say it's a better attempt of getting shot of players than Arteta's! On the list you mentioned Xhaka and Mustafi were both about to be fucked off - Xhaka's loan was agreed and Arteta persuaded him to stay. Mustafi was lined up to be loaned out too. Elneny was away on loan, so was Mkhitaryan and he signed Sokratis

I'd also say that it was nice to see some new players come in and do well - Leno, Torreira, Martinelli, Saka and Tierney (when fit). Sokratis wasn't all bad either, especially in the first season and certainly better than some of the other *word censored* we have in that position. Ok, they haven't all gone on to be consistently different but it broke the trend of the senile old c.unt's predictable starting XI and subs bench

So far he has brought in Willian who has been utter gash and looks like the latest addition from the Chavski retirement village. Gabriel looks decent, and too early to tell with Partey but fingers crossed. Other than that its the same players from Wenger/Emery days - and all that on the back of a season where we finished lower than we had done for 25 years.

Its not all his fault - the academy system continues to fail the club consistently and for my money is the most shambolic of all the leading PL clubs. I can't believe the millions wasted on that fucking thing and it produces Championship standard players who eventually leave for fuck all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO I'm not saying Emery should have or could have gotten rid of all those players I listed in one fell swoop, I'm saying he didn't get rid of ANY of them.

And neither has Arteta.

For me they have both failed miserably in that sense. Added to this is the crazy situation Arteta has created (or been told to create - who knows!) where we have our worst midfield in a generation and he chooses to play the likes of Xhakatard and Elnumpty whilst letting our highest earner and only decent passer of a ball sit on his arse in some kind of moronic banishment.**

Agreed 100% on our abattoir of an academy. People hate to hear it but the last top class player it produced was the chav cùnt Cashley A-hole..... and he went onto bigger success with the chavs than he had with us ffs. :oops:

**for all the Ozil haters no I'm not saying he is the answer to all our midfield problems but he is still a player I would start before Xhakatard and Elnumpty and Ceballos and Willian - whilst he is under contract. Once the contract is up and we've got whatever we can out of him then bye bye.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Injuries, greed and the covid apocalypse, in varying degrees depending on the player, prevented us from offloading Sokrites, Ozil, Kolasinac and Chambers during the last window.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am
Injuries, greed and the covid apocalypse, in varying degrees depending on the player, prevented us from offloading Sokrites, Ozil, Kolasinac and Chambers during the last window.
So one would imagine in equal measure, those factors applied to the previous manager too (COVID apart)?