ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:04 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:47 pm
Technical director Edu said: “On behalf of Mikel, our coaches, players and everyone at the club, I would like to thank Papa for his contribution to the club.

"He has been an important part of our group and has been a model professional throughout. The negotiations to end his contract have been collaborative and we wish Papa and his family well for the future.”

Bye Bye Papa , I don't think you were ever less than a professional and I think a good example to some of our young ones .

Good luck wherever you go.
Best of luck to him.

I will always remember him terrifying the shite out of fat tongue

Well said - after years of watching tippy tappy pussified centre backs disgrace the shirts worn by TA6, frank mclintock etc, having a proper defender like sokratis was beautiful to me - he was far from a silky defender on the ball, but for me he was a very under-rated centre back who helped put a bit of steel back into our team again, and I only wished we had signed him a few years earlier.

Best of luck buddy 8)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:37 pm
Twatter is quiet because all the spotty little virgin Ozil fanboys keep hitting F5 on the Fenerbache feed the sad fucking bastards 8)
Hmmm... :rubchin:

Methinks you doth protest too much poppah roddaz. I have this image of a huge Ozil poster on your bedroom wall.... and yes there is an "off-white" t-shirt and a couple of crunchy socks stuck to it.... :lol:
The only people on the list of males that I'd rub one out to are Titi, Dennis and Tony, that's fucking it, the rest of my t-shirts, socks and other cum receptacles are exclusively for splashing out on the fairer sex. 8)
You really are puerile at times. :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: #AFC make approach to Real Madrid for Martin Odegaard. Madrid considering. Arteta big fan & Odegaard keen on regular first team football. Not a given, other interest in him. More on @SkySportsNews

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:36 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am
You've been quiet for the last few days mc - I was beginning to think that we werent gonna buy anybody :rubchin: :wink:
Its all quiet on twitter atm Augie,i don't like to post any old rubbish on here regarding transfers. 8)

:lol:

Just the top quality rubbish eh ? We are forever grateful mate :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:37 pm
Twatter is quiet because all the spotty little virgin Ozil fanboys keep hitting F5 on the Fenerbache feed the sad fucking bastards 8)
Hmmm... :rubchin:

Methinks you doth protest too much poppah roddaz. I have this image of a huge Ozil poster on your bedroom wall.... and yes there is an "off-white" t-shirt and a couple of crunchy socks stuck to it.... :lol:
The only people on the list of males that I'd rub one out to are Titi, Dennis and Tony, that's fucking it, the rest of my t-shirts, socks and other cum receptacles are exclusively for splashing out on the fairer sex. 8)
You really are puerile at times. :lol: :lol:
Guilty m’lud 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:32 pm
Exclusive: #AFC make approach to Real Madrid for Martin Odegaard. Madrid considering. Arteta big fan & Odegaard keen on regular first team football. Not a given, other interest in him. More on @SkySportsNews
Following on from the likes of Denis Suarez and Dani Getafe....what could possibly go wrong :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:43 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:04 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:47 pm
Technical director Edu said: “On behalf of Mikel, our coaches, players and everyone at the club, I would like to thank Papa for his contribution to the club.

"He has been an important part of our group and has been a model professional throughout. The negotiations to end his contract have been collaborative and we wish Papa and his family well for the future.”

Bye Bye Papa , I don't think you were ever less than a professional and I think a good example to some of our young ones .

Good luck wherever you go.
Best of luck to him.

I will always remember him terrifying the shite out of fat tongue

Well said - after years of watching tippy tappy pussified centre backs disgrace the shirts worn by TA6, frank mclintock etc, having a proper defender like sokratis was beautiful to me - he was far from a silky defender on the ball, but for me he was a very under-rated centre back who helped put a bit of steel back into our team again, and I only wished we had signed him a few years earlier.

Best of luck buddy 8)
Echo all of that, and IMO incredibly harshly treated compared to some of the crap we've stuck with instead

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Message from Soktratis:

"It has been an honour to wear the Arsenal shirt and I want to thank all the coaches, team-mates, staff and fans around the world for the love and respect they have given me. I gave everything for Arsenal and Arsenal also gave me a lot. I wish you all the best health and success always.

"Thank you."

He gets my Thanks just for these alone:

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:58 pm
Message from Soktratis:

"It has been an honour to wear the Arsenal shirt and I want to thank all the coaches, team-mates, staff and fans around the world for the love and respect they have given me. I gave everything for Arsenal and Arsenal also gave me a lot. I wish you all the best health and success always.

"Thank you."

He gets my Thanks just for these alone:

Brilliant😊.He wasn't the fastest by the time we got him but he had a great attitude and was just the sort of player forwards hated playing against due to his mastery of the dark arts.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @CittacelesteWeb, Lazio director of football Igli Tare has ‘resumed contacts’ with #Arsenal over signing Shkodran Mustafi. https://t.co/bPP7jRDhst

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Not involved in madrid's copa del rey squad tonight and it is a much rotated squad - I dunno if there is anything to the rumours of his departure from madrid, or if he is just injured or unavailable tonight

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I remember when he joined Real Madrid in 2015 and he was supposed to be the next big sensation.

He's played a grand total of 264 minutes for the them in La Liga in the 6 years since :shock:

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm
I remember when he joined Real Madrid in 2015 and he was supposed to be the next big sensation.

He's played a grand total of 264 minutes for the them in La Liga in the 6 years since :shock:
Exactly. These players aren't involved or don't get game time because they're not good enough, if they were they'd be playing regularly.
The Norwich guy looks good for £40m and he's proven. Let's not waste more money on another hopeful / reject.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
This is one we should be all over tbh. He had a great season on loan with Sociedad last season.

Him and Partey in our midfield would elevate it ten fold!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm presuming Papa Sokratis fell out of favour with Arteta as he just vanished from out eyes, what for who knows .
He was a basic man marking old school type of guy who couldn't pass out from the back very well but he had his moments !
I'm glad that Ozil has finally gone ,all we need is to ditch the remaining deadwood and malcontented and we will be fine .