ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

Don’t you just love our transfer management?

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

AFC - Awful Fucking Contractors

AFC - Available Fairly Cheap

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:01 am

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

Another Freebie Cock?

Another Flop Chav?

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:11 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm
I remember when he joined Real Madrid in 2015 and he was supposed to be the next big sensation.

He's played a grand total of 264 minutes for the them in La Liga in the 6 years since :shock:
Exactly. These players aren't involved or don't get game time because they're not good enough, if they were they'd be playing regularly.
The Norwich guy looks good for £40m and he's proven. Let's not waste more money on another hopeful / reject.

Hold on midz - the norwich guy is proven in the championship where as the kid at real madrid shone in last seasons spanish top flight. It should also be said that he joined real madrid at 15 years old so rodders comment about him being there 6 years is technically accurate, but doesnt tell the full story in the context of his lack of game time.
I should also point to the likes of cesc and pique who werent good enough to play for barca when they were kids and came over here where they flourished.
Likewise gnarby didnt shine here and got fcuk all minutes but we seen how that worked out - people will point at wenger and claim that he fcuked gnarby over and that is of course true, but how do we know that zidane is doing the same with this kid ?

For the record I dont know anything about this kid so dont know if he is good enough or not, but I do know that writing him off based on the above criteria isnt right either

John F

Post by John F »

TeeCee wrote:

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

Another Financial Calamity.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

There have been a couple of interesting articles in the last few days which have talked about the £190M we've lost on out of contract players (including Mustafi this coming summer) which is pretty damning. We have been bad at negotiations for years there is no doubt but what is worrying is that with Wenger gone from the club for 2 1/2 years we still seem no closer to resolving this problem. It will be interesting to see if things improve when Garlick arrives :rubchin:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:32 pm
Exclusive: #AFC make approach to Real Madrid for Martin Odegaard. Madrid considering. Arteta big fan & Odegaard keen on regular first team football. Not a given, other interest in him. More on @SkySportsNews
Just the sort of player we should be looking at, young with something to prove and a sell on value if it doesn't work our. Loan with option to buy would be the deal to do , being Norwegian probably helps as most are premier league fans , hope we beat sociadad for his signature
Also will take some pressure of Emile

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Martin Ødegaard is ‘tempted’ by Arsenal’s bid. Real Sociedad have been in advanced talks to sign him & this has been the player’s priority for months, but Arsenal’s offer has made him take hours/days to reflect. He will decide his next move with his family. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

John F wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 pm
TeeCee wrote:

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

Andre Santos. Francis Jeffers. Chu-young Park
:barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:05 pm
John F wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:12 pm
TeeCee wrote:

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

Andre Santos. Francis Jeffers. Chu-young Park
:barscarf:
Arsene Fucking Cuntface

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

TeeCee wrote:

AFC - Any Free C.unts?

AFC - A Football Charity

Astonishingly Fabulous Clitoris :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I doubt Madrid will do anymore loans deals with us after complaining about Mr Roundabout not getting enough game time

John F

Post by John F »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:14 pm
There have been a couple of interesting articles in the last few days which have talked about the £190M we've lost on out of contract players (including Mustafi this coming summer) which is pretty damning. We have been bad at negotiations for years there is no doubt but what is worrying is that with Wenger gone from the club for 2 1/2 years we still seem no closer to resolving this problem. It will be interesting to see if things improve when Garlick arrives :rubchin:
I just find it unbelievable how badly this club has been run. It is as if they work in a completely different reality to the rest of us. What other business would allow the loss of millions of pounds worth of assets and then try a PR spin on how much money we save in wages when the players finally depart. It's like me giving away my van then trying to convince the wife it's ok I will save hundreds of pounds on fuel that I won't use,o by the way I need to buy a replacement. No one appears to be held accountable for the losses, they are just quietly let go with their reputations intact.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm
I doubt Madrid will do anymore loans deals with us after complaining about Mr Roundabout not getting enough game time

But I thought he had turned all that around? :?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:23 pm

But I thought he had turned all that around? :?
:D

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm
I remember when he joined Real Madrid in 2015 and he was supposed to be the next big sensation.

He's played a grand total of 264 minutes for the them in La Liga in the 6 years since :shock:

Was watching ssn a while ago and found out that he has been out on loan at different clubs for the past 3 seasons - last season he was on loan at sociedad and the 2 previous seasons he was on loan in the dutch top division, and he played almost every league game in those 3 seasons. In summation he was on loan when he was 21 years old, on loan at 20 years of age, and on loan at 19 years of age, so he was only at madrid between age of 15 to 18 so it is no big surprise that he hasnt played much for them.

The thing that would bother me about this isgning is that it doesnt address a need in the team - people say that we would be in trouble at the number 10 spot if smith-rowe gets injured but at least we have smith-rowe to play that position whilst we have no proper player to play the 8 position alongside partey. Would signing this guy limit smith-rowe's game time and thus limit his development, and if not why would this guy leave madrid due to a lack of game time, only to find himself getting splinters up his arse on our bench ?
Le cock made a habit of buying players in positions where we were alright and to the detriment of other positions - is history repeating itself ? :rubchin: