ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:31 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:09 pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55764001

ballbag rapidly backtracking, originally saying we had no chance and he would go to sociedad. he may still do but this just undermines this pricks credibility even more if it needed it backtracking to cover his arse. the least In The Know amongst all the other ITK twats, especially all those plums on twatter saying Aouar was done deal. (no offence mcD!) i cant recall the names but there were 3 with a decent following on twitter on transder DD and lead up all crapping on about Aouar and trust them.

doubt madrid will give option to buy, not in their interests.

id rather have him on loan with no option than no one else at all in that position as ESR cannot do it all himself. This guys may end up a duff, but did well for Sociedad, but was claimed to be next big thing once...but then so was that 'Sonny' kid with the long hair...wonder what happened to him, and freddie adu too.

Any GK is better than the icelandic bloke...
Mate NONE of those cùnts are ITK. If some boring little statto cùnt (augie? :wink: ) did the math we'd see these fuckwits throw 50 or 60 ITK transfer stories out there and maybe one would happen. Complete bollocks all of it. If you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will stick. :lol:

For poppah roddaz you can replace shit with jizz obviously. :D :wink:
That depends on where our Roddaz is 'jizzing' and what / whom over! :shock: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:11 am
John F wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:27 am
Just as we are scouring the earth looking for basement bargain players to bring in Balogun sets up a reminder of what we are about to lose by scoring a hat-trick last night.
And yet behind Nketiah in the pecking order......unreal
Whilst I agree it is baffling that he is not getting game time IF he has already indicated he is not willing to re-sign why bother giving him game time with the first team.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:11 am
John F wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:27 am
Just as we are scouring the earth looking for basement bargain players to bring in Balogun sets up a reminder of what we are about to lose by scoring a hat-trick last night.
And yet behind Nketiah in the pecking order......unreal
Whilst I agree it is baffling that he is not getting game time IF he has already indicated he is not willing to re-sign why bother giving him game time with the first team.
To get us through a cup game, as opposed to watching Nketiah get knocked all over the park again ?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Personally I'd rather give some youngsters who want to be here a game if he has decided to leave, I wouldn't promote his career but it is all speculation anyway.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:21 pm
Personally I'd rather give some youngsters who want to be here a game if he has decided to leave, I wouldn't promote his career but it is all speculation anyway.
To be fair to him, he has taken the few chances he has had in the FT well. 2 goals in 3 games. He, apparently, lights up the reserves constantly.

We can ALL see that Nketiah is very poor, but for some reason keeps playing. Why does he get so many chances to fuck up, but Balogun barely gets a sniff on the bench?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:32 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
To be fair to him, he has taken the few chances he has had in the FT well. 2 goals in 3 games. He, apparently, lights up the reserves constantly.

We can ALL see that Nketiah is very poor, but for some reason keeps playing. Why does he get so many chances to fuck up, but Balogun barely gets a sniff on the bench?
And of course the reason he wants to leave is because he sees that himself.

I'll say it again - if this was some jumped up upstart trying to break his way into the Invincibles, I could understand this relaxed "if he doesn't want to be here, let him go" attitude. But when he's behind Nketiah, and at times Auba and Lacazette who have taken it in turns to exchange awful form.....in a team struggling for goals, who can blame him for wanting a chance? When he then scores coming off the bench and bangs in hat tricks for the U23s, what else can the lad do to convince them he needs more game time?

Arsenal Till I Die

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:49 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I'll say it again - if this was some jumped up upstart trying to break his way into the Invincibles, I could understand this relaxed "if he doesn't want to be here, let him go" attitude. But when he's behind Nketiah, and at times Auba and Lacazette who have taken it in turns to exchange awful form.....in a team struggling for goals, who can blame him for wanting a chance? When he then scores coming off the bench and bangs in hat tricks for the U23s, what else can the lad do to convince them he needs more game time?
I fully agree.

From what I've seen of Ballogun (admittedly not much) he doesn't seem the sort of player that will get dragged all over the shop, like a feather in a hurricane (I.e. Nketiah). Every time Nketiah steps on the pitch he looks every bit of the boy playing a mans game; inexperienced, clumsy, and weak.

I truly don't understand why Arteta favours Nketiah, at all.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I fully agree.

From what I've seen of Ballogun (admittedly not much) he doesn't seem the sort of player that will get dragged all over the shop, like a feather in a hurricane (I.e. Nketiah). Every time Nketiah steps on the pitch he looks every bit of the boy playing a mans game; inexperienced, clumsy, and weak.

Just watched the hat trick he scored last night - one absolute gem. Looks an absolute beast. Probably the first striker we've produced in years who could actually make it......and we're going to let him leave on a free. Our club is run by absolute c.unts

Arsenal Till I Die

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:58 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

I fully agree.

Just watched the hat trick he scored last night - one absolute gem. Looks an absolute beast. Probably the first striker we've produced in years who could actually make it......and we're going to let him leave on a free. Our club is run by absolute c.unts
The lad has been with us since he was 9. There's a reason other top clubs are sniffing around him.

Nketiah was released by Chelsea in 2015, it's evident why.

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Calm your jizz pipes

Balogun might be good.

He might Also be JET, or Afobe or Akpom

Give the guy a chance on loan in the championship and lets see

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The problem is, Arteta has a MASSIVE ego, just like his Lord and master Wenger. He has his favourites and he has players he does not like and that’s how it is. He’s actually willing to lose a match in order to do what HE wants to do.
This guy will never get Arsenal above mid table, appointing him is just another fuck up by the worst management team in football.

shu

Post by shu »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:37 pm
Calm your jizz pipes

Balogun might be good.

He might Also be JET, or Afobe or Akpom

Give the guy a chance on loan in the championship and lets see
Well there is no chance of that as he is off in a few months

shu

Post by shu »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:32 am
The problem is, Arteta has a MASSIVE ego, just like his Lord and master Wenger. He has his favourites and he has players he does not like and that’s how it is. He’s actually willing to lose a match in order to do what HE wants to do.
This guy will never get Arsenal above mid table, appointing him is just another fuck up by the worst management team in football.
I think you get it spot on , hadn’t thought about it that way but yes looks like a massive EGO

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Rumour has it that Balogun was told that if he signed a contract he would play , but if he didn't he wouldn't .
Draw your own conclusions .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @AS_SergioSantos, Martin Odegaard will travel to London tonight & #Arsenal will announce his loan signing tomorrow. https://t.co/q4qaelXGiz