ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:36 pm
According to @AS_SergioSantos, Martin Odegaard will travel to London tonight & #Arsenal will announce his loan signing tomorrow. https://t.co/q4qaelXGiz

And is already injured and unavailable for selection :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Athletic say Odegaard is scheduled to arrive in London later today & will have a medical tomorrow. The player has an elite sportsperson exemption which means he wont have to isolate before joining the squad, as long as he returns a negative covid test. https://t.co/VPer2Xzi8e

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Seems like Guendozi had a falling out with one of his team mates as they lost 3-0 and the manager was subsequently sacked by Hertha, things not going great for the Wunderkinda in Germany :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sounds like another great transfer window

Spend an age getting rid of deadwood........sign some cheap option on loan......promise of a 'warchest' in the Summer

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 pm
Sounds like another great transfer window

Spend an age getting rid of deadwood........sign some cheap option on loan......promise of a 'warchest' in the Summer

rinse and fcuking repeat :roll: :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think signing players on loan in these times is financially prudent I have no idea if the lille dane is any good as i don't follow Danish footballers like i did when I followed them in the 80's n 90's and even at euro 2000 which seems like a lifetime ago.
The transfer market has never been more perilous all clubs have had their finances ruined by covid and nobody knows when or if that will change !
Commitment to multi million pound transfers is suicide in this climate and whilst I don't like us adding 120 million to our debt an interest rate of0.5 % is again not so risky unless we never return to normal .
I'm pissed off at our tame surrender of the only trophy we have had to ease the pain over the last years but we live in strange times ,to stay afloat and build again is what we should be thinking of !
At the moment all I'm thinking of is my pal Wilf who is very poorly in hospital with covid and Cookie who is losing his battle with the dreaded C,both massive gooners who i love and have been with since the 70's.
We were the Herd

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @TuttoMercatoWeb, Monaco have made contact with both #Arsenal & Lucas Torreira. And they have offered the Uruguayan a three-year deal. https://t.co/pFvhhjGcpL

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:39 pm
According to @TuttoMercatoWeb, Monaco have made contact with both #Arsenal & Lucas Torreira. And they have offered the Uruguayan a three-year deal. https://t.co/pFvhhjGcpL
To be honest i would be fighting tooth and nail to convince Torriera to stay, promise him the world if needs be. I know he has blown hot and cold and rumours are he has failed to settle but i quite fancy him alongside Partey and almost anything is better than Xhaka, Elnenny, Ceballos, Willock, AMN etc

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:07 pm
I think signing players on loan in these times is financially prudent I have no idea if the lille dane is any good as i don't follow Danish footballers like i did when I followed them in the 80's n 90's and even at euro 2000 which seems like a lifetime ago.
The transfer market has never been more perilous all clubs have had their finances ruined by covid and nobody knows when or if that will change !
Commitment to multi million pound transfers is suicide in this climate and whilst I don't like us adding 120 million to our debt an interest rate of0.5 % is again not so risky unless we never return to normal .
I'm pissed off at our tame surrender of the only trophy we have had to ease the pain over the last years but we live in strange times ,to stay afloat and build again is what we should be thinking of !
At the moment all I'm thinking of is my pal Wilf who is very poorly in hospital with covid and Cookie who is losing his battle with the dreaded C,both massive gooners who i love and have been with since the 70's.
We were the Herd
I think he's from Norway mate :wink:

In any event, whilst the financials add up, I don't believe their heart is ever quite in it. Look at the ones we've taken over the years - they've nearly all been an absolute disaster

Always sounds good on paper, but the reality is that they arrive lacking game time, its a totally different pace of football and they never quite adapt.

Hoping he proves us wrong but based on what has gone before - Ceballos, Suarez etc, i hold out little hope

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:55 pm
Herd wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:07 pm
We were the Herd
I think he's from Norway mate :wink:

In any event, whilst the financials add up, I don't believe their heart is ever quite in it. Look at the ones we've taken over the years - they've nearly all been an absolute disaster

Always sounds good on paper, but the reality is that they arrive lacking game time, its a totally different pace of football and they never quite adapt.

Hoping he proves us wrong but based on what has gone before - Ceballos, Suarez etc, i hold out little hope
That Suarez one was a total disaster...probably have some agreement to allow him playing time.......not sure what impact that will have on ESRs development
Have a feeling Martinelli will become unsettled, needs a run in the team to show what he can do...and not with wankers like Elneny and Xaha in midfield

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Shkodran Mustafi is in talks with Arsenal to terminate his contract early (similar agreement to Ozil & Sokratis).

28-year-old defender hasn't played since Boxing Day and his reps are trying to secure a January move for him.

https://t.co/F4bx49hy3j

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 pm
Shkodran Mustafi is in talks with Arsenal to terminate his contract early (similar agreement to Ozil & Sokratis).

28-year-old defender hasn't played since Boxing Day and his reps are trying to secure a January move for him.

At Last.....good news

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:

I'd be willing to break the travel ban to drop Mustafi where ever he wants to go!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:

He can well and truly go f+++ himself, useless wanker. Good riddance to bad rubbish

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martin Odegaard has spent the day at London Colney meeting his new team-mates, undergoing all the necessary medical checks and going through all the usual club media duties ahead of his move from Real Madrid. Announcement is more likely to come tomorrow rather than today.