ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:11 pm

Ere Clummo you're Really Good at this Money/Financial stuff aren't you!? :D
Just my opinion Bard, nothing more. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Clummo is US Martin as a re reg :shock:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Now THAT'S NOT Very Nice Rodders after everything Clummo has done for us!.

:box:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

US Martin was mad. Please don't liken me to him! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

US Martin was mad. Please don't liken me to him! :lol:
And "Annoying" - Rather important point that! :D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:18 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:05 pm
goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 pm
Emery nearly got rid of the dross, Arteta actually got rid of them :barscarf:
100% Rodders, but I reckon if Dicko was still here then Ozil would still be making return after return to the team.
Emery was a spineless watery c u n t and would never have had the balls to deal with Ozil nor many of the others!
Must pain some on here to see it :wink:
Must be worried sick that Arteta might actually be on the verge of getting us back in the map.
Will never pain me to see any Arsenal manager leading us to glory me old mucker - huge slices of humble pie will be eaten with lashings of cream whenever that day comes.

Nice to see us borrow £100m from the Bank of England that the previous manager wasn't allowed to spend to pay off the lazy bug eyed arse and the collection of other c.unts. I'll settle for Arteta getting rid of this latest batch to carry on from "the spineless c.unt" getting shot of Wilshere, Adelaide, Akpom, Perez (cheers that €17m fee Arsene), Joel Campbell, Asano, Ospina, Ramsey, Koscielny, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Iwobi and Monreal....plus a couple of retirements too.

Still, i don't suppose that lot count :wink:

Anyway - lets hope that we're now only a few planks short of the ultimate deadwood end of season fire. Hell, I'll get round to even fixing up that BBQ if he gets rid of Greta Thunberg, Xhaka, Elneny and Willian !
Fuck me Stevo, my old chum :wink:
I will allow any body a bit of "artistic license" but to "credit" Dicko with getting shot if Koscielny, Jackie Wileshite and Ramsey?
Koscielny made it clear he wanted to leave, even refusing to go on a pre season tour.
Jackie pileofshite's contract had 1 month left and he was unable to agree a new one, so left on a free!
Ramsey? Was Emery not quoted as claiming "he wanted to build his team around" the injury prone show pony. But the club took a financial decision and the offer of a new contract was withdrawn
I could dispute others on that list, but I can't be arsed lad :lol:
Also, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, when claiming some people would be at pains, I can't know what others actually think, if pushed I'd have you down as a "reluctant convert" :wink:
There won't even be an element of reluctance if he makes us the team we all want him to make us mate - everyone forgives everything when success is on the table

Arteta wouldn't have been able to get rid of Ozil, Sokratis or Mustafi anymore than Dick or any other manager were it not for the fact that we borrowed a massive wedge of cash to pay them off............otherwise they'd still be running down their contracts today. I think there was enough players in that list I gave you that shows how many c.unts Dick inherited from Wenger. I don't think any manager in world football could have swept all of them out plus the ones we've done now in the space of a year.......especially on the tuppence ha'penny budget the wig wearing c.unt gives his managers

Anyway - they're gone gone gone baby......and the offer still stands that if Greta and the last remaining tools can be fucked off in the Summer too, I'll raise a glass to Mikel and anyone else responsible for ridding us of this bunch of under performing cocks !

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Sokratis, Kolasinac and Mustafi all had their contracts cancelled so no borrowed money was used to pay them up.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 pm
Sokratis, Kolasinac and Mustafi all had their contracts cancelled so no borrowed money was used to pay them up.
It was widely reported that the money was borrowed to fund player contracts being paid up. Are we suggesting that out of the kindness of their hearts Ozil, Sokratis and Mustafi waived the incredible wages they were due without any compensation, to readily accept wages that would be a fraction of what they were earning here elsewhere?

If that's true I'll stand corrected, but usually when a contract is cancelled/terminated by mutual consent, it involves a wedge of cash being paid up to get rid of the player

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The contracts being cancelled were by mutual consent and came in official club statements so I'll choose to believe that. I'm sure I could find links if only I could be arsed. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm
The contracts being cancelled were by mutual consent and came in official club statements so I'll choose to believe that. I'm sure I could find links if only I could be arsed. :lol:
I still think 'mutual consent' means we agreed to pay them off but likewise I can't be arsed to find a link. These boys have greedy c.unt agents who wouldn't allow their braindead 'clients' to give up a pay day. Ozil would have been due £350k a week for another six months, where as the turks will be paying him less than a third of that. If he's given up £5m+ in wages I'll be absolutely amazed

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
I still think 'mutual consent' means we agreed to pay them off but likewise I can't be arsed to find a link. These boys have greedy c.unt agents who wouldn't allow their braindead 'clients' to give up a pay day. Ozil would have been due £350k a week for another six months, where as the turks will be paying him less than a third of that. If he's given up £5m+ in wages I'll be absolutely amazed
I didn't include Ozil because no such statement regarding him came from the club.

Anyway, time to move on mate.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:02 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:57 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
I didn't include Ozil because no such statement regarding him came from the club.

Anyway, time to move on mate.
Other than to say if there's any of that borrowed money left I suggest there's a few more to terminate/buy off when it gets to the Summer !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A bitterly disappointing window for me. We didn't even manage a loan deal for a left back which now means we have no cover for an already injury prone Tierney

Just mistake after mistake from those responsible for our transfer dealings

No proper right back, one left back, a cluster fuck of centre backs, three plodding donkeys of CDM, and no closer to resolving the Balogun puzzle which i hoped might be boosted if Nketiah got punted out on loan. I only hope Mat Ryan isn't a goalkeeping Kallstrom either otherwise we've got the under 11 keeper to cover Leno

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I noticed yesterday that Cohen Bramell who we bought for £2m after he crossed a ball with his wrong foot, has gone from Colchester to Lincoln.

https://youtu.be/JpbKZSn4iqQ

Found this link of some clips of his time at Colchester, he looked half decent to be fair.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A bit controversial for the next window but the more I watch Patrick Bamford the more I can see him fitting perfectly in the way Arteta wants his no.9 to play. He's not world class, maybe not even international class but he works hard for the team and scores goals, similar to the way a certain Alan Smith played. He's developed really well under Bielsa and right now given a straight choice between Bamford, Lacazette and Nketiah, I'd probably go for Bamford.