ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:56 pm
Not sure if chasing someone who has been banned once for doping, Onana, is a good idea even if he is as good as has been said. In saying that it is exactly what you'd expect from us. Can anyone honestly see Arteta being able to lay down the law with him :banghead:
I don't care if he was caught snorting a line of Charlie off Katie Price' well-used snatch, as long as he's good.

As long as he doesn't try that shit while he's with us.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... elsea.html

Hoofuckingray! Fuck off out the club.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Great news, now keep flushing :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Sideshow on his way. Thank f**k for that! Only another 15 under-performers to bin off now…

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:23 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Not sure if chasing someone who has been banned once for doping, Onana, is a good idea even if he is as good as has been said. In saying that it is exactly what you'd expect from us. Can anyone honestly see Arteta being able to lay down the law with him :banghead:
I don't care if he was caught snorting a line of Charlie off Katie Price' well-used snatch, as long as he's good.

That's the point though, as far as I have read his ban is only to be lifted in Jan 2022 so it's not like it is a legacy ban but one that is in place currently. I really dont want a potential troublemaker with recent history of substance abuse anywhere near the club no matter how good he is. The last thing we would need to take a chance on is a vital player like our goalkeeper getting banned for a repeat offence potentially. :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm
David Luiz leaving Arsenal at end of season. 34yo told club today + they agreed. #AFC had not offered new deal & even if they did the Brazil int’l defender wouldn’t have signed as decision had been made to go @TheAthleticUK @SamiMokbel81_DM 1st off mark 👏 https://t.co/W00EY5VOlS
Yay!!

Arsenal Till I Die

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:23 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

That's the point though, as far as I have read his ban is only to be lifted in Jan 2022 so it's not like it is a legacy ban but one that is in place currently. I really dont want a potential troublemaker with recent history of substance abuse anywhere near the club no matter how good he is. The last thing we would need to take a chance on is a vital player like our goalkeeper getting banned for a repeat offence potentially. :rubchin:
They reckon his 'mistakenly took his wife's painkillers." If it was a genuine mistake ( :rubchin:) then lesson learned. Right? :rubchin: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm
David Luiz leaving Arsenal at end of season. 34yo told club today + they agreed. #AFC had not offered new deal & even if they did the Brazil int’l defender wouldn’t have signed as decision had been made to go @TheAthleticUK @SamiMokbel81_DM 1st off mark 👏 https://t.co/W00EY5VOlS

I'll be honest and say that I cant bring myself to dislike or hate luiz - I know he made some major fcuk ups early in his career with us, but by the same token I think that he had improved and shown a level of consistancy none of the other centre halves have. It is a shocking indictment of our options at that position that I would even think that, but every single centre back we have yet to show that they are good enough (although I do have hopes for gabriel)

Arsenal Till I Die

Staff at #AFC are under the impression that midfielder Granit Xhaka intends to leave. [@TheAthleticUK]

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What a fantastic summer it would be to get rid of Sideshow AND the worst of the Pointer sisters!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Get rid of Kolasinac and AMN on top of the others and you might just have enough to get a couple of decent replacements

shu

Post by shu »

Luiz is a total liability and a proven disaster waiting to happen . Can’t believe anyone can say opposite mind up there are people on here that rate butter wrists still :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Luiz is a total liability and a proven disaster waiting to happen . Can’t believe anyone can say opposite mind up there are people on here that rate butter wrists still :banghead:
It’s the right decision not to renew his contract but I reckon Luiz has been our best centre back this season.... which says a lot about how poor the others have been!

Gabriel, Mari, Holding and Saliba next season then, with Chambers as a CD/RB option as well :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:40 pm
shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:11 pm
It’s the right decision not to renew his contract but I reckon Luiz has been our best centre back this season.... which says a lot about how poor the others have been!

Gabriel, Mari, Holding and Saliba next season then, with Chambers as a CD/RB option as well :rubchin:

Exactly what I was saying - mari was anointted a star waaaay too soon imo, and lately (and esp v villareal), he has shown some serious weaknesses. Gabriel I still have great hopes for, but the reality is that post covid he has been very poor. Holding I like as a person cos he seems to have no arrogance about him, but imo he shouldnt be first choice for a club like ours, and seems to be the teflon man cos no blame ever sticks to him :?
Personally I would like to see saliba get a proper chance in pre-seaon, and then hopefully himself and gabriel can form a strong first choice partnership. Regardless of who starts next season though, if pep's cone boy continues this bullshit of rotating centre backs, then he should be executed not sacked :evil: :evil:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I don't recall anyone anointing Pablo Mari as a star! :lol:

He's another average centre back that just seems a bit more dependable than the others. Not spectacular but also not prone to bad errors.

I swear I must be part of a different forum than others sometimes. :lol: