ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by g88ner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:21 am
You can contact the player. That's why the tweet said "to Ryan Bertrand" and not for Ryan Bertrand.

The quote I posted is from the Premier League laws on pre contract transfers. :wink:

And who doesn't love an Augie rant? It's fun to see him foaming at the mouth sometimes. :lol: :lol:

(Never change Augie you nutter. You brighten many people's day! :lol: :lol: )
Ah well, maybe I’m wrong .... it’s irrelevant anyway to be fair. Agents talk endlessly to clubs whether it’s allowed or not. :lol:

Clummo, as you’re the expert, is there any premier league rule to stop Edu’s incompetence in offering stupidly long, expensive contracts to out of contract players? :rubchin: :lol:

Edu has already screwed us over with the contracts for Willian and Cedric last summer. I’ve zero confidence he’s learnt his lesson ahead of signing Bertrand :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:39 am
Clummo99 wrote:
You can contact the player. That's why the tweet said "to Ryan Bertrand" and not for Ryan Bertrand.

The quote I posted is from the Premier League laws on pre contract transfers. :wink:

And who doesn't love an Augie rant? It's fun to see him foaming at the mouth sometimes. :lol: :lol:

Ah well, maybe I’m wrong .... it’s irrelevant anyway to be fair. Agents talk endlessly to clubs whether it’s allowed or not. :lol:

Clummo, as you’re the expert, is there any premier league rule to stop Edu’s incompetence in offering stupidly long, expensive contracts to out of contract players? :rubchin: :lol:

Edu has already screwed us over with the contracts for Willian and Cedric last summer. I’ve zero confidence he’s learnt his lesson ahead of signing Bertrand :roll:
I'm hoping the lesson has been learned regarding Edu and his mate Kia but as you say, there's not much confidence behind it.

Man City are apparently sniffing around Bertrand too. They need another left back obviously. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:

But surely it is never legal to make an approach to a player under contract without going through his club first ?? :? I know it happens all the time but that doesnt make it right

On the rant issue, I am sad to say that, even though it may not seem it, I am for the most part way beyond having rants, and mostly they are comments from a man that is totally consumed with resignation that his club is on a slide and in serious trouble :( There are very few issues now that make me angry enough to foam at the mouth, and that in itself is a terrible reflection on the club - every club needs fans that are passionate enough to go on a rant, instead of being filled with apathy like large sections of the Gooner fanbase is right now

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 am
Clummo99 wrote:

But surely it is never legal to make an approach to a player under contract without going through his club first ?? :? I know it happens all the time but that doesnt make it right

On the rant issue, I am sad to say that, even though it may not seem it, I am for the most part way beyond having rants, and mostly they are comments from a man that is totally consumed with resignation that his club is on a slide and in serious trouble :( There are very few issues now that make me angry enough to foam at the mouth, and that in itself is a terrible reflection on the club - every club needs fans that are passionate enough to go on a rant, instead of being filled with apathy like large sections of the Gooner fanbase is right now
It was meant as a back handed compliment mate, honestly.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 am
augie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 am
Clummo99 wrote:

It was meant as a back handed compliment mate, honestly.

I wasnt taking it as an offence either :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @Jeunesfooteux, #Arsenal have made an offer slightly below €20m for Sander Berge but Sheffield United are holding out for €30m. https://t.co/DpBcM0DdG4

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought Berge looked shit earlier in the season, like a poor mans Peter Crouch in midfield :roll: :roll: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:24 pm
I thought Berge looked shit earlier in the season, like a poor mans Peter Crouch in midfield :roll: :roll: :banghead:
His older brother Beef Berge is a lot more meaty.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗞 Arsenal will demand £19million if clubs wish to sign striker Eddie Nketiah this summer [Todofichajes]. https://t.co/VpshlEbHvb

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:44 pm
🗞 Arsenal will demand £19million if clubs wish to sign striker Eddie Nketiah this summer [Todofichajes]. https://t.co/VpshlEbHvb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:44 pm
If we get north of £8m for him I'd consider it a miracle.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

He's better than that Brewster no mark that Liverpool* got £23m for. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Absolutely solid fcuking useless to the point that elnenny is better than him :roll: To me he is like a poor man's hojberg (c.unt at the scum) and he is dogshit too.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:08 pm

And solanke who they also got serious money for :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:49 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:08 pm

And solanke who they also got serious money for :roll:
Yeah, fuck knows how Liverpool managed that.

Our clowns aren’t that clever though so we’ll get peanuts for Nketiah and Nelson. Should have sold them both last summer (or January) when people (wrongly) thought they were half decent.