ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by A11M11 »

Buendia is a similar player to Cazorla which would help going forward. Bissouma would be important in winning the ball back higher up the pitch and meaning that attacks start quicker than at present where we tend to be starting from the back 90% of the time.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Willian: Arsenal midfielder keen on Chelsea return in transfer window https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... fer-window

Please let it be so!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 am
gooner265 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:08 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:04 pm

Aouar had a poor season by all accounts culminating in him refusing to do some after match training because he was left out of the team against Reims.

Potential trouble maker or angling for a move? IDK.
I’d stick to Buendia and Bissouma. Settled in England. Understand the league. Done.

Playing bissouma with either partey or xhaka does not address the ongoing problem of a lack of creativity and scoring goals - imo we need an 8 to play alongside partey (or bissouma) to bring a bit more attacking ability to the team, and I see bissouma as another 6 (cdm) and as we have the third best defensive record already, I dont see the point in playing him in the 8
He likes to play as an 8

Indeed he might, but he would be here to serve us and not the other way round, and personally I dont see him as either a scorer or creator of goals.
That being said, I would happily take him as the CDM if we got shot of partey and xhaka
I was talking about Buendia not Bissouma

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:39 am
gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:26 am
StuartL wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:19 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:27 pm
Arsenal’s new director of football , Richard Garlick, seems determined to make Emi Buendia Arsenal's first signing of the summer, having opened talks over a move. [@MailSport]
The New Getafe. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I’ve seen a fair bit of Buendia in highlights of Norwich matches, and to be fair, he looks a very decent player, takes people on, plays some excellent passes and isn’t adverse to having a shot either - he doesn’t appear to be a lightweight easily knocked off the ball either, so as far as I am concerned ehe would be a very good
I am aware that this season was at championship level - but he still would walk into our first eleven in my opinion.
Was your scouting done whilst watching Anglia news having dinner with your sister? :shock:
asking for a friend :D
You're getting confused with Norfolk. We're quite normal here in West Suffolk. :lol:
just extra fingers and toes then :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

When does the transfer window officially open?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:41 pm
When does the transfer window officially open?
9th June.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we sign Bissouma we'll get absolutely anus ravaged during the African Nations Cup - El Neny, Auba, Partey, Pepe and if we sign him Bissouma would all fuck off for the month of January next year.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 pm
If we sign Bissouma we'll get absolutely anus ravaged during the African Nations Cup - El Neny, Auba, Partey, Pepe and if we sign him Bissouma would all fuck off for the month of January next year.
There's.... um... there's no chance Clive has African heritage is there....? :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:29 pm
rodders999 wrote:
:lol:

Just Albanian, Swiss and C.unt as far as I'm aware :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

gazzatt2 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 12:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

I’ve seen a fair bit of Buendia in highlights of Norwich matches, and to be fair, he looks a very decent player, takes people on, plays some excellent passes and isn’t adverse to having a shot either - he doesn’t appear to be a lightweight easily knocked off the ball either, so as far as I am concerned ehe would be a very good
I am aware that this season was at championship level - but he still would walk into our first eleven in my opinion.
Was your scouting done whilst watching Anglia news having dinner with your sister? :shock:
You're getting confused with Norfolk. We're quite normal here in West Suffolk. :lol:
just extra fingers and toes then :D
I can't speak for Stu but I'm a Bethnal Green boy originally. I only moved up here 10 years ago. Ten fingers and ten toes only. :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Technically we're all from Africa supposedly so if we extend the Grandad rights thing a few more generations I think we're golden :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
gazzatt2 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Arsenal’s new director of football , Richard Garlick, seems determined to make Emi Buendia Arsenal's first signing of the summer, having opened talks over a move. [@MailSport]
By "Normal" or Bi-Normal??? :?

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

No but I think his wife is part Swahili on her father's mother's brother's cousin's sisters side...so that do. :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gazzatt2 wrote:
StuartL wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
😅 despite living in Suffolk for over 30 years now, as one of them ‘foreigners’ originally from London, I am still an outsider. Having said that, I have no intention of moving away from the countryside now I am middle aged.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
:lol:

Just Albanian, Swiss and C.unt as far as I'm aware :wink:
:lol: :lol: