ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Good news keeps coming

AS Roma have started talks with Granit Xhaka & his agent. Xhaka is a player Jose Mourinho wants, but Bundesliga clubs are also in the race to sign him. [@FabrizioRomano via @DiMarzio] #afc

AS Roma are optimistic about signing Granit Xhaka & are making progress in negotiations with Arsenal, who have asked for €25m. AS Roma will work on closing the deal for less & will attempt to find an agreement in personal terms with the player in the meantime. [@angelomangiante]

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:58 pm
Good news keeps coming

AS Roma have started talks with Granit Xhaka & his agent. Xhaka is a player Jose Mourinho wants, but Bundesliga clubs are also in the race to sign him. [@FabrizioRomano via @DiMarzio] #afc

AS Roma are optimistic about signing Granit Xhaka & are making progress in negotiations with Arsenal, who have asked for €25m. AS Roma will work on closing the deal for less & will attempt to find an agreement in personal terms with the player in the meantime. [@angelomangiante]
25million,

Dont worry about a fee lads....just get him to the airport!!!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Yves Bissouma is appreciated and he’s ‘one of the options’ in the Arsenal list as midfielder but NOT the first one. #AFC are also looking at different kind of players in this position. 🔴

Many clubs are interested in Bissouma - Liverpool too. The race is open. ⏳ #AFC #LFC

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

You just know that our club will be valuing Xhaka based on statistics not how shit he actually is and will turn down any offer below his 'statistical' value :banghead: :cussing:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:05 pm

I like chambers I really do, but I still believe that we need a better right full - no way could I justify spending £40m of an extremely small budget on a back up number 10 when we need a first choice right back AND a first choice number 8 to play alongside partey in midfield
Augie, totally agree we need a new right back but we’ve already got 3 of the fuckers (4 if you include AMN).
We are not including him. Thank you. Next.

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Good news keeps coming

Ooh ooh ooh I've just blown my muck everywhere! :shock:

This is the BIG deal for me. I will give ten years off my life to get this cowardly no mark no talent bluffing piece of shit out the door. 8)

If this angelo mangiante is fucking doing an Ornstein here I will not only hunt him down and fucking end him I will hunt you down too gooner265 and I will feed your ass to rodderz in his dirty dungeon. :shock:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:00 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Good news keeps coming

25million,

I'll drive. You ride shotgun. If anyone tries to stop us, or interferes in any way, kill everyone; kill Clive, me, Martinez-Lite, yourself, EVERYONE. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Told you about Xhaka. :mrgreen:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 pm

You might want to wait until he is actually gone before you start shouting from the roof tops :rubchin:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:11 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:09 pm

You might want to wait until he is actually gone before you start shouting from the roof tops :rubchin:
I told you Mourinho wanted him. Which he evidently does. Take a chill pill son.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:08 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 1:00 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Good news keeps coming

25million,

I'll drive. You ride shotgun. If anyone tries to stop us, or interferes in any way, kill everyone; kill Clive, me, Martinez-Lite, yourself, EVERYONE. :lol:
What did I say, postal....DB is bloody going postal. I reckon if we set off now we could probably just about carry him to Rome for the start of the season :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:02 am
Too much concentration on defence , we only let in 39 goals in the league . A goal a game is not a bad ratio considering the the pathetic start to the season. However the midfield does not provide and the forwards don't score enough . That's where we need to concentrate.
The midfield ( mainly Xhaka) doesn’t sufficiently protect the defence either

I agree that 2 top midfield additions could / should / would transform us

Bissouma ?
Buendia ?
Aouer ?
Willock ?

Not sure who else as I don’t think Guendouzi will be back

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA4xCzZxpyU

Clubfoots agent in talks with Roma.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

I would have liked to have seen Torriera and Guendoizi given another chance

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:47 pm
I would have liked to have seen Torriera and Guendoizi given another chance

Me too but IF we sold xhaka and bought Aouar, then I would be ok with either guendouzi or torreira were sold, and if we were to buy Aouar AND bissouma, then I would be ok with selling guendouzi and torreira. My argument about getting rid of guendouzi and torreira was that the players we kept (xhaka and elnenny) are worse, but if the latter were sold first I would be on board with selling them too (although I still absolutely believe that guendouzi could turn into a great player with the right guidance)