ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilson2.0

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by wilson2.0 »

I know this sounds very Arsene Wenger like, but some of the best signings we can make is to commit to giving Smith-Rowe, Joe Willock and Martinelli more playing time and a greater role in the first team. that's to go with Saka and Tierney as quality young players. As far as Willock goes, if its decided he is sold he needs to go for a hefty price. We should be asking for 35m minimum from Newcastle if they want him. Some reports say 20m which would be ridiculous. Is Willock worth 35m, probably not, but in what sane universe is Harry McGuire the worlds most expensive defender?

And please, no Jack Grealish. A 26 year old who has scored only 15 premier league goals, although I guess you could say he spent time out of the premier league when he stuck with Villa in the second division, so you need to take into account the 3 years he spent in division 2. Apparently this peasant mans David Beckham is worth 100m. Oh my god. What if he was French would he still be worth 100m. Fucking hell English players are expensive in the premier league. I never held it against Arsene in that long time period where our only British player was Theo.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal only gave Aubameyang a new £350,000-a-week contract last summer, but there are already murmurings that the club would listen to offers from him.[@TelegraphSport]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Theo Walcott to leave Everton at the end of June......

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

That is a good point Augie, it is also one of the reasons I'd be cautious about the goalie we have been linked with as I think he plays for Cameroon

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 am
Theo Walcott to leave Everton at the end of June......
Old news mate :lol: he's going back to Southampton on a 2 Yr deal

Midz

Post by Midz »

I read this morning that Shalke don't want to sign Kolasinac so we'll be getting that lump of lard back which is a huge shame. Hopefully we can get rid of him on a permanent basis in the summer.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @ElGolDigital, Atletico Madrid will begin talks with #Arsenal over signing Hector Bellerin. #Arsenal are receptive to a swap deal involving Kieran Trippier. https://t.co/x2CPnn8TEM

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:46 pm
According to @ElGolDigital, Atletico Madrid will begin talks with #Arsenal over signing Hector Bellerin. #Arsenal are receptive to a swap deal involving Kieran Trippier. https://t.co/x2CPnn8TEM
Dear God please NO!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have been in talks with Norwich over Emi Buendia and have had an opening bid rejected. [@FabrizioRomano via @ArsenalLounge]

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

mcdowell42 wrote:
I feel sick. :puke:

I swear if we end up with Lingard and Trippier I'm walking away from the sport entirely :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy Fuckk it would be like signing another two Willians. :suicide:

Also, can you imagine how HUMILIATING It could be if Buendia signs for the villains instead of us... !!!!!! :shock:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

One source has told Sky Sports News that #Arsenal have made a second offer for Buendia worth £35m after an initial one of £30m was rejected. https://t.co/ADVQ4Cj0ix

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:03 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I feel sick. :puke:

I swear if we end up with Lingard and Trippier I'm walking away from the sport entirely :lol:
Might be better to run....... :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Norwich have confirmed that they bought the 20 per cent sell-on clause for Emi Buendia from Getafe.

They want £40m for Buendia and Arsenal made a first bid for the Argentine on Wednesday. Talks continue. 🔴 #AFC

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:54 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Dear God please NO!

I think trippier is a good right back :oops: :oops: