ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm calling it now, internal solutions :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

And then final day trolley dash just for good measure :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:48 pm
So there you have it, even Aston Villa can outfox us in the transfer market. What was it Josh Kroenke said 2 months ago.
Let’s see where we are at the end of the window. We’re getting linked with every man and his dog so god only knows what the truth is.

Seems unlikely that Buendia was our top target if we’ve given Villa a free run at him at only £30m.

wibble

Post by wibble »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:43 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
So there you have it, even Aston Villa can outfox us in the transfer market. What was it Josh Kroenke said 2 months ago.
Let’s see where we are at the end of the window. We’re getting linked with every man and his dog so god only knows what the truth is.

Seems unlikely that Buendia was our top target if we’ve given Villa a free run at him at only £30m.
BBC also reporting a deal has been agreed with villa.

I watch so little football these days that I’ve no idea if it’s a good or bad thing that villa have beaten us to his signing

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks like he chose villa over the Arsenal...cant blame him....reality check......

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:43 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

Buendia has just been called up to the Argentina squad. So he’s good enough to represent his country but not play for Arsenal.

He offers a lot more than Odegaard, can play across the front line or as a number 10, which means ESR doesn't get asked to play out of position which wound me up every time Ode played. Not forgetting he is £20million cheaper.

This is the world Arsenal live in these days, we cant attract top tier players we should be lapping up players like Buendia and Bissouma. If we don't get a decent CM partner for Partey next season we are fucked.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Question I have is why Buendia thinks Villa are a big step up? Mid-table and living in Brum. Strange choice. At least you can live in London at Arsenal.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
Could you imagine our offer, we probably said something like £1m over 20 years.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I've heard it on good authority that we're shit!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

A timely slap in the face for Arteta? The other day he said that every player we’re after wants to play for Arsenal.......we’ll that’s another thing you’ve fucked up Mikel!!

We’ll end up paying Madrid 15m to get Odegaard on another years loan, it’s coming, you wait.

I have zero confidence in Arteta or Edu being capable of bringing in anything better than what we have.
Next season we’ll see Chambers as 1st Choice RB, Colossusnatch as backup LB, Saliba and Martinelli rotting in the reserves, Odegaard the most expensive loan signing ever, and we’ll extend Lacazettes contract and give Elneny a new 4 year deal on 80k a week. Trust the process, this is Arsenal. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is a perfect example showing just how far we have fallen as a club.. I mean not only have we been outbid by astonFuckinVilla - who also acquired the better of our two goalies last season, but now a young rising talent would actually agree to go with them INSTEAD of Arsenal FC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57371870

Aston Villa have agreed a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.

Villa have moved swiftly to head off potential interest from Arsenal.

The Argentine, 24, was the Canaries' player of the season as they cruised to the Championship title last term and a return to the Premier League.

The deal, which could rise to £38m with add-ons, is close to completion with personal terms agreed and a medical already conducted in Argentina.

The total package - which also includes a sell-on clause of 10% - eclipses the signing of Ollie Watkins from Brentford last summer, which was an initial £28m rising to £32m with add-ons.

Buendia has won promotion twice in his three years with Norwich, either side of making 36 Premier League appearances as the Canaries were relegated in 2019-20.

Therr was a sell-on clause in the deal which saw Norwich sign him from Getafe for £1.5m in 2018 but the Carrow Road club bought this out.

I mean WHAT-THE-FUCK????? we have become a total Laughing Stock....

Utterly Embarrassing. :oops: :banghead: :box: :cussing: :banghead: :box:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The truth in this is that we have wasted about £500m on shite over the last decade. I’m talking about transfer fees and wages. We now have a squad worth buttons in some areas and the 5th highest transfer bill in the Prem. If this is not just down to financial mismanagement it can only be fraud. Kroenke might be a prick but he is letting the management team burn his investment to dust. It is criminal. It really is scandalous what has gone on since we left Highbury.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Looking at where we are now was there really any point in leaving Highbury?

Midz

Post by Midz »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:49 pm
A timely slap in the face for Arteta? The other day he said that every player we’re after wants to play for Arsenal.......we’ll that’s another thing you’ve fucked up Mikel!!

We’ll end up paying Madrid 15m to get Odegaard on another years loan, it’s coming, you wait.

I have zero confidence in Arteta or Edu being capable of bringing in anything better than what we have.
Next season we’ll see Chambers as 1st Choice RB, Colossusnatch as backup LB, Saliba and Martinelli rotting in the reserves, Odegaard the most expensive loan signing ever, and we’ll extend Lacazettes contract and give Elneny a new 4 year deal on 80k a week. Trust the process, this is Arsenal. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You and me both.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:21 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Could you imagine our offer, we probably said something like £1m over 20 years.

Probably just about managed to make a bid, probably assumed the bloke would chose us over Villa, probably don't really have any other options, probably almost a certainty that he'll score against us for Villa for about three years in a row before moving to the chavs or Manure. I'll be the first to admit that I know fuck all about this geezer but if we genuinely wanted him and identified him as a top target and trying to get a deal done in early June would lead us to believe that's the case, then being beaten to him by Aston Villa is a fucking disgrace. How must this look now for any other player linked with us? Would any sensible, half-decent player choose us, if we can't get get a player from fucking Norwich?