ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

My opinions remains the same where I cannot see how we would try to sign benduia or odegaard or any other player for our front 4, before we address other high priority positions, or until we sell some of our existing attacking players - at the mo we have auba. laca, saka, smith-rowe, martinelli, pepe and willian plus balogun, so unless we sell some of them, where the fcuk can we put benduia ?

That being said, if the club isnt embarrassed about a player picking aston villa ahead of them, then they should be :oops: :oops: All the talk about spending big and making money available (which we know from experience is utter dogshite :roll: ), and then we get snubbed by a guy from the championship ??? Not sure if jesus is weeping or laughing his arse off

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
yes its true..but thats where we are ...thats reality

Big mistake was when Wenger left...we needed an established manager, not a fucking novice...our profile and reputaion is slipping, suffered so many humiliations
Edu and all the other fuckers are not doing their job...parasites all of them...dont even mention those fucking kronkes :banghead:

After one of the worst seasons in 25 years...expect more shit on the horizon

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Probably just his agent leaking stories to the press that we were interested in him to bump up his price.

Meh I’m not arsed about it at all, no way any player turns down the chance to join us and picks Villa instead, they story is complete horse shit from start to finish.

shu

Post by shu »

Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
I came on here as I couldn’t believe he picked villa over us , ffs how far have we fallen when a championship player turns us down for villa

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:58 am
Probably just his agent leaking stories to the press that we were interested in him to bump up his price.

Meh I’m not arsed about it at all, no way any player turns down the chance to join us and picks Villa instead, they story is complete horse shit from start to finish.
Yeah, completely agree. Pointless getting angry about a decision Buendia probably never had to make because we probably never made a bid :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have begun work on a deal to sign Rúben Neves from Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Portugal midfielder is one of a trio of high-value players who the Chinese-owned club have made available for transfer this summer.[@DuncanCastles, @DougieSTSport]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:36 pm
My opinions remains the same where I cannot see how we would try to sign benduia or odegaard or any other player for our front 4, before we address other high priority positions, or until we sell some of our existing attacking players - at the mo we have auba. laca, saka, smith-rowe, martinelli, pepe and willian plus balogun, so unless we sell some of them, where the fcuk can we put benduia ?

That being said, if the club isnt embarrassed about a player picking aston villa ahead of them, then they should be :oops: :oops: All the talk about spending big and making money available (which we know from experience is utter dogshite :roll: ), and then we get snubbed by a guy from the championship ??? Not sure if jesus is weeping or laughing his arse off

How many years were we calling for wenger to buy a decent CB and Defensive / Holding Mid-fielder as a "Necessity" whilst he went out and squandered moolah on players we could have got by without.

This just shows things have Not changed within the club, the names may have changed but the same destructive practises are still there.

The arrogance we all witnessed in wenger in his going loopy years is right there now in Arteta.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:49 pm
A timely slap in the face for Arteta? The other day he said that every player we’re after wants to play for Arsenal.......we’ll that’s another thing you’ve fucked up Mikel!!

We’ll end up paying Madrid 15m to get Odegaard on another years loan, it’s coming, you wait.

I have zero confidence in Arteta or Edu being capable of bringing in anything better than what we have.
Next season we’ll see Chambers as 1st Choice RB, Colossusnatch as backup LB, Saliba and Martinelli rotting in the reserves, Odegaard the most expensive loan signing ever, and we’ll extend Lacazettes contract and give Elneny a new 4 year deal on 80k a week. Trust the process, this is Arsenal. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That is the direction we are going...and have been for some time....hard for posters to accept i guess....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

shu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 am
I came on here as I couldn’t believe he picked villa over us , ffs how far have we fallen when a championship player turns us down for villa
This is what makes me laugh when people say we'll never get relegated - all of these supposed lesser teams have more ambitious owners and its only a matter of time under Kroenke

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Bringing back some of the players we have on loan will be an upgrade on what we already have. Add that to some of the youth we have coming though can add some depth for Caraboa cup. The size of our squad is criminal. We need to start making those assets work.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I remember when Kante went to the chavs and we went out and spent more on ......

Yup! CliveClubfoot.

And it is that kind of inbred attitude, thinking and lethargy that could well see us in the bottom half of the table if not worse in the next 2 - 3 seasons.

We are becoming more and more spurzy by the season :suicide:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am
shu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 am
This is what makes me laugh when people say we'll never get relegated - all of these supposed lesser teams have more ambitious owners and its only a matter of time under Kroenke
I read a piece a couple of years ago about how the playing field was getting more levelled in terms of identifying players and scouting. 10-15 years ago, only the top clubs had the resources to have scouts all around the world identifying targets but the new TV deal a few years back gave all top flight clubs enough money to invest in this or challenge for signings that they want. There's always going to be a massive gap between your Man Citys, Chavs and probably Man. Utd and the rest but the gap in terms of spending power isn't too big after that. Clubs have decent money available and can spend it once they get established in the league.
This is where we've absolutely wasted every opportunity we've ever had over the last 15 years through horrific selfishness from Wanker and horrific ownership from Kroenke. There is no fucking way we should even be competing for a player with Villa or whoever but that's where we are because every decision that's been made at the club since about 2004 has been horrendous.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My anger is less with the Kroenke’s and more with the utter counts that sold out their shares to sell to Kroenke. Not only have they sold out the Club to an utter wanker but they basically trousered the entire value of the Club for themselves in the process. Add to that the fact that they didn’t manage anything at the Club during the period that Wenger was in charge. They basically let Wenger make every major decision from playing staff to training ground. It is absolutely fucking scandalous. Yes I am looking at you Hill-Wood, Friar, Bracewell-Smith, Fiszman and latterly Chips Keswick and Lord Carpetright. To call themselves custodians of the Club, don’t make me fucking laugh. Selling out to a *word censored* like Kroenke was the single worst decision that could ever have been made. Kroenke is a prick but he was a known quantity and I find it unbelievable that more focus has not been laid at the door of our previous Board and main shareholders.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Much of the leg work has already been made in the build up to the opening of the transfer window on Wednesday. Intermediaries have been contacted & there is a sense among those within football that Arsenal want to go about their business 'quietly' this summer. [@ChrisWheatley_]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martin Odegaard remains the main target this summer and technical director Edu remains convinced that he can reach a deal with Real Madrid, whether it be a loan extension or a permanent move. [@ChrisWheatley_ ]

https://t.co/cBa0wLNclB