ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

When asked why a move for Emiliano Buendia didn’t come to fruition, an Arsenal source told Football London that Edu ‘has his way of working’ & ‘won’t change from that’. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

There have been murmurings that Arsenal are planning to do their business in a similar fashion to January, where they kept the signing of goalkeeper Mat Ryan under wraps until the final few hours before completing the deal. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal's William Saliba is wanted by Newcastle on loan as defender waits to find out whether he figures in Mikel Arteta's first-team plans next season. [Simon Jones @MailSport]

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am
shu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 am
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
I came on here as I couldn’t believe he picked villa over us , ffs how far have we fallen when a championship player turns us down for villa
This is what makes me laugh when people say we'll never get relegated - all of these supposed lesser teams have more ambitious owners and its only a matter of time under Kroenke
I read a piece a couple of years ago about how the playing field was getting more levelled in terms of identifying players and scouting. 10-15 years ago, only the top clubs had the resources to have scouts all around the world identifying targets but the new TV deal a few years back gave all top flight clubs enough money to invest in this or challenge for signings that they want. There's always going to be a massive gap between your Man Citys, Chavs and probably Man. Utd and the rest but the gap in terms of spending power isn't too big after that. Clubs have decent money available and can spend it once they get established in the league.
This is where we've absolutely wasted every opportunity we've ever had over the last 15 years through horrific selfishness from Wanker and horrific ownership from Kroenke. There is no fucking way we should even be competing for a player with Villa or whoever but that's where we are because every decision that's been made at the club since about 2004 has been horrendous.

Which is ironic given how we have sacked the majority of our scouting staff and are now moving away from traditional scouting and going with a football management database scouting :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

More rubbish rumours

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... lves-deal/

Neves is a good player and would without doubt be a lot better than most of our current midfield options, but I dont think he would bring what we would need from a number 8 alongside partey

augie

Post by augie »

Dodged a bullet if this is true

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... r-rodgers/

No doubt he can score goals, but a lot of the time he is a lazy fucker who would infuriate everyone

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Edouard and the Argie bloke are both unproven at the higher levels in football, the SPL isn't even Championship level!
If we'd signed either of these 2 players, they would both be bargain basement gambles.
I'm not saying we will buy big, but I'm not going to listen to or believe media rumours.
I doubt either where ever really serious transfer targets.
There definitely seems to be an intent to offload a lot the squad this season!
So lets wait and see who we do actually sign!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am
shu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 am
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
I came on here as I couldn’t believe he picked villa over us , ffs how far have we fallen when a championship player turns us down for villa
This is what makes me laugh when people say we'll never get relegated - all of these supposed lesser teams have more ambitious owners and its only a matter of time under Kroenke
" too big a club to go down" :D :D :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:06 pm
When asked why a move for Emiliano Buendia didn’t come to fruition, an Arsenal source told Football London that Edu ‘has his way of working’ & ‘won’t change from that’. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc
Talk of a sell on clause for Norwich as well as £33m + add ons - can’t recall us ever agreeing to buy a player and have a sell on clause included ....could be wrong ?

Would have liked Buendia but priority for me is cdm and a top notch right back, then depending if we can offload a few other areas of the team.

With no Europe, I would rather a smaller squad, with better quality.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have held early talks with Wolves over Ruben Neves, a transfer is only likely to take place if the Gunners can sell some of the players on the fringes of their squad including midfielders Granit Xhaka and Ainsley Maitland-Niles.[@JosephMasi_Star]

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal and Leicester are set to enter the fray for Stoke City sensation Nathan Collins. The 6ft 4 centre-back, 20, is a rising star with the Potters who want £15m for him. Burnley are long-term admirers and Dyche has already registered his interest. [@AJ_Wood15]

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I keep saying it. We have to sell to buy. We will sign someone late on IF we have shitted out a massive load of turds first. My bet is that there will be nothing decent left by then.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Quite possibly Martinez had words and tipped the balance to his new club as opposed to the one that he feels let him down.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We will probably end up buying Odergaard, around the £40 million mark

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:33 pm
We will probably end up buying Odergaard, around the £40 million mark
Season long loan is my guess.