ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am
shu wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:32 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:14 pm
Aston fucking Villa outbidding us for a player from Norwich. That sort of tells us everything about where we are as a club. Almost as if we needed something to completely and utterly encapsulate the last 15 years.
I came on here as I couldn’t believe he picked villa over us , ffs how far have we fallen when a championship player turns us down for villa
This is what makes me laugh when people say we'll never get relegated - all of these supposed lesser teams have more ambitious owners and its only a matter of time under Kroenke
I read a piece a couple of years ago about how the playing field was getting more levelled in terms of identifying players and scouting. 10-15 years ago, only the top clubs had the resources to have scouts all around the world identifying targets but the new TV deal a few years back gave all top flight clubs enough money to invest in this or challenge for signings that they want. There's always going to be a massive gap between your Man Citys, Chavs and probably Man. Utd and the rest but the gap in terms of spending power isn't too big after that. Clubs have decent money available and can spend it once they get established in the league.
This is where we've absolutely wasted every opportunity we've ever had over the last 15 years through horrific selfishness from Wanker and horrific ownership from Kroenke. There is no fucking way we should even be competing for a player with Villa or whoever but that's where we are because every decision that's been made at the club since about 2004 has been horrendous.

Which is ironic given how we have sacked the majority of our scouting staff and are now moving away from traditional scouting and going with a football management database scouting :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Yep. Almost as if we've looked at every logical and useful decision that every other makes and just gone: "No. Don't need that or that or that or that. We'll be absolutely fine doing the complete opposite." Fucking hell.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

My God you lot do love to overreact. :lol:

Some Championship player appears to be going to Villa. We were also apparently interested in him though no actual proof of that can be found. :roll:

It's not the end of the world.

The sky isn't going to fall in Chicken Licken.

This single event (if even true) DOES NOT mean we will be relegated. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:08 pm

Some Championship player appears to be going to Villa. We were also apparently interested in him though no actual proof of that can be found. :roll:

You sure? :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

Absolutely 100% certain. :wink: :D

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:

Dont include me in that my good friend - not two fcuks do I give about buendia going to villa cos I didnt want him in the first place 8)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:37 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:18 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

Absolutely 100% certain. :wink: :D
Never in doubt. :cescisgod:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Dont include me in that my good friend - not two fcuks do I give about buendia going to villa cos I didnt want him in the first place 8)
Curious as to why you say that, augie?

I feel a little better for hearing it.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I guess we'll see where we are in terms of attracting good talent at the end of the window, then again if Edu likes to keep his cards close to his chest and has a brain in his head he'll never admit who we seriously tried to get and who spurned us.

It doesn't matter if we supporters think Buendia is right for us or not what does matter over all is how attractive players perceive us to be, if we engaged with him and he rejected us over Aston Villa then there is an issue somewhere. Personally i'm not fussed about the player however i am genuinely concerned that if we did approach him and he rejected us, just think that over a Championship player rejected Arsenal, i seriously want to know his reasoning because it reflects potentially where we are as a club and just how bleak things could be going forward :rubchin:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Neves wouldn't be a bad signing, at all.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:52 pm
I agree. I like Daniel Podence too.

I wouldn't usually consider such signings but things are what they are right now.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:01 pm

Curious as to why you say that, augie?

I feel a little better for hearing it.

Mainly because I thinking signing a quality number 8 (to play alongside partey) and a quality right full should be our priority. After that we should focus on a back up to tierney and a good number 2 keeper
The second reason why I dont want him is because I see no need for him - where will he play and more importantly who will lose out/get screwed ? As it stands martinelli is getting screwed on playing time so can you imagine what it will mean for his future if we bring in another player for his position ? Personally I wouldnt entertain signing another forward player until we sell nketieh and nelson, plus 2 out of auba, laca and willian - obviously getting shot of willian should be a priority, but unless he gets a generous pay off I dont see that happening

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh Lord....

We won't get relegated. How many times do we need to go down this road? :lol: :roll:

In spite of the hysteria on here we are not complete and utter shit. We are mid table mediocrity.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm

I wouldn't usually consider such signings but things are what they are right now.
Podence would be good too. He's very tricky. Sort of player you'd like to bring on when you need a goal.

I'd also take Neto.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Podence would be good too. He's very tricky. Sort of player you'd like to bring on when you need a goal.

I'd also take Neto.
The return of the diddy men.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:18 pm
Oh Lord....

We won't get relegated. How many times do we need to go down this road? :lol: :roll:

In spite of the hysteria on here we are not complete and utter shit. We are mid table mediocrity.
This, 100%..... the league is closer than its ever been, christ we missed out on the Chumps League by 6 points and we were utter dogshit for much of this season. Bloody hell Everton in 10th were only 10 points behind the Victims in 3rd.

Our squad is crap but it is not that crap, there is a lot needed to turn us into a Champions league team but there is even more needed to make us a relegation battling side, Arteta with all his incompetencies nearly got us into Europe when he had us at 16th at one point. We would need to throw away 25-30 points next season to be in a relegation battle and much as i malign our squad we just aren't nearly that bad and neither is Arteta no matter how much shit we throw at him :roll: