ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:23 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:27 am
Arsenal matched the salary being offered to Buendia, but Villa's package to Norwich was more enticing.

Told that Arsenal 'matched it, or went even more, but on a different structure of deal.' 🔴 #AFC
So there you go. If that's true then the player didn't choose Villa over us, the club did.
I'm still not sure it sets a great financial precedence if Villa can afford to structure a better deal than us. I guess Edu and Arteta want the finances for Odegaard and any other deal is secondary :rubchin:
I'd say you're probably correct in your thinking there.

We've almost certainly got to sell to free up additional funds too. Hopefully those deals would be bulk cash up front and not on the never never.
“We have a very clear and strong opinion on what we would like to do,” said Arteta when asked about keeping Odegaard.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm not so sure Augie, a lot of the bigger teams across Europe as a whole are suffering severely the financial consequences of football eating its own arse and I think that is why we are seeing the current situation, I think Covid has just exacerbated it.

There will be cut price deals on decent talent this season and some of the more financially prudent EPL club's will benefit, it's just a shame we are such a financial shit show :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:18 pm
Oh Lord....

We won't get relegated. How many times do we need to go down this road? :lol: :roll:

In spite of the hysteria on here we are not complete and utter shit. We are mid table mediocrity.
This, 100%..... the league is closer than its ever been, christ we missed out on the Chumps League by 6 points and we were utter dogshit for much of this season. Bloody hell Everton in 10th were only 10 points behind the Victims in 3rd.

Our squad is crap but it is not that crap, there is a lot needed to turn us into a Champions league team but there is even more needed to make us a relegation battling side, Arteta with all his incompetencies nearly got us into Europe when he had us at 16th at one point. We would need to throw away 25-30 points next season to be in a relegation battle and much as i malign our squad we just aren't nearly that bad and neither is Arteta no matter how much shit we throw at him :roll:

I think muzz that this season has been a freak season and that the league is in fact not close at all - next season we will see citeeh and the victims miles ahead of everyone else, and the chavs, the scum, leicester and ourselves (and possibly everton) battling for positions 2-6. Mid table mediocrity awaits wolves, villa and leeds, with the rest in a battle to stay up
Definitely been a freak season. The ratio of away wins tells the story of no fans. That looks like changing to some degree.

Liverpool* getting Virgil the Dyke back will make a difference to them without doubt.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:27 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:18 pm
Oh Lord....

We won't get relegated. How many times do we need to go down this road? :lol: :roll:

In spite of the hysteria on here we are not complete and utter shit. We are mid table mediocrity.
This, 100%..... the league is closer than its ever been, christ we missed out on the Chumps League by 6 points and we were utter dogshit for much of this season. Bloody hell Everton in 10th were only 10 points behind the Victims in 3rd.

Our squad is crap but it is not that crap, there is a lot needed to turn us into a Champions league team but there is even more needed to make us a relegation battling side, Arteta with all his incompetencies nearly got us into Europe when he had us at 16th at one point. We would need to throw away 25-30 points next season to be in a relegation battle and much as i malign our squad we just aren't nearly that bad and neither is Arteta no matter how much shit we throw at him :roll:

I think muzz that this season has been a freak season and that the league is in fact not close at all - next season we will see citeeh and the victims miles ahead of everyone else, and the chavs, the scum, leicester and ourselves (and possibly everton) battling for positions 2-6. Mid table mediocrity awaits wolves, villa and leeds, with the rest in a battle to stay up
Definitely been a freak season. The ratio of away wins tells the story of no fans. That looks like changing to some degree.

Liverpool* getting Virgil the Dyke back will make a difference to them without doubt.
Fans back at Anfield will definetly make a difference...that lot appeal for everything they are experts at pressurising the ref....cheating fuckers

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Apparently Xhaka to Roma is 99% done. £20m including add ons, so another £15m-£20m loss on the transfer balance sheet against what we paid for the useless ****

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:17 am
Apparently Xhaka to Roma is 99% done. £20m including add ons, so another £15m-£20m loss on the transfer balance sheet against what we paid for the useless ****
Will you shut the fuck up. They will fucking hear you ffs. :shock:

Let's just get the cùnt out the door. :x

:wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

AS Roma pushing to complete deal for Granit Xhaka before Switzerland’s Euro 2020 opener this Saturday. [@sr_collings]

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Are they scared his performances might push his asking price up :-P :-P

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Told you Augie. :box:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 pm
Told you Augie. :box:

Is he gone yet ? :rubchin: :lol: :lol:

We never hear the proper transfer fee in any of these deals anyway, but I have a feeling that we are going to be giving him away as part of a lucky bag, and the fee will be nowhere near £15m - dont get me wrong cos I badly want him out the door, but I resent that the club will fob us off with some bul.lshit figure and expect us to believe it :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:25 am
Kingralph wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:17 am
Will you shut the fuck up. They will fucking hear you ffs. :shock:

Let's just get the cùnt out the door. :x

:wink:
If Clive does fuck off mate, all I ask is that you then put equal energy into sweeping Linda the tofu munching eco warrior out of the door next please!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Héctor Bellerín will leave Arsenal, with a return to Spain the most likely path. There is significant interest from Villarreal. Sevilla are also interested. [@DiMarzio] #afc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Emile Smith Rowe is ready to sign a new contract extension with Arsenal until June 2026 - just the last details left to be completed. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

First the Swiss Turd, now Save The Pandas.......fucking hell there's a party in my pants and everyone's invited :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I wonder if they can manage 3 for 3 and get rid of Kolasinac as well....I would add William but not sure who would pay his ludicrous wages