ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:07 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:25 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 am
The Athletic report #Arsenal have offered Eddie Nketiah a new contract. #Arsenal believe it is better to protect his value by tying him down to a new deal & potentially selling him next season following a fruitful loan stint. https://t.co/TusO9yTfVr

#Arsenal are open to selling him this summer if the 22-year-old does not sign a new deal. The Gunners want to avoid the situation of Nketiah running his contract down & leaving for nothing next year. https://t.co/qIp9M1s5XM

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

#internalsolutions :wink:

:shock:

Behaving like a proper football club at last, whatver next eh?

Extend his contract, bang him out on loan somewhere, hope he bangs in a few goals and then flog him for decent money despite us all knowing he's a bit shit.....a.k.a. the Rhian Brewster effect.

I'm all for it 8)

Stop ffs - sell him now for whatever we can get and move on

He's in the last year of his contract so we'd get fuck all though? What harm rolling the dice with an extension and banging him out on loan to see if he could do a Willock and treble his value? A good season on load, even in the championship and we could squeeze 15-20 mill out of him rather than selling him now for 5-6 mill.
You've seen him play, right?? :rubchin: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:23 pm
Rhian Brewster £24 million without ever playing in the premier league, Eddie is England U-21 all time top scorer and has played and scored in this league. There's a decent fee to be got there so I wouldn't just give him away for pittance this window.

We've hemorrhaged cash for years by letting players walk out the door for fuck all or next to fuck all, time to finally smarten up our transfer dealings. If extending his contract, firing him out on load and getting an extra 10 mill for him next summer is possible then fucking try it, we need to eek every penny out of our sales to allow us maximum spending power on transfers in because the wig wearing piece of shit sure ain't gonna bankroll any transfers for us.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ah but Rodder's you forget Josh said we'd all be pleased with where the club is going this summer that means his Daddy must finally be putting some money in :tumbleweed:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:39 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:23 pm
Rhian Brewster £24 million without ever playing in the premier league, Eddie is England U-21 all time top scorer and has played and scored in this league. There's a decent fee to be got there so I wouldn't just give him away for pittance this window.

We've hemorrhaged cash for years by letting players walk out the door for fuck all or next to fuck all, time to finally smarten up our transfer dealings. If extending his contract, firing him out on load and getting an extra 10 mill for him next summer is possible then fucking try it, we need to eek every penny out of our sales to allow us maximum spending power on transfers in because the wig wearing piece of shit sure ain't gonna bankroll any transfers for us.

Reality Rodders is that we would have got more for nketieh 12 months ago than we will now, and that is fcuk all to do with time remaining on his contract - he was hot (ish) property last season after playing and scoring goals for club and country, and now in the last few months he has hardly played so I ask you how another 6-12 months sitting on the bench is gonna increase his value. Let's be realistic rodders, if you cant get your place in a struggling team like we have, then what type of price will you command on the market ? You talk about brewster as though that type of transaction is the norm - it was a shocking deal by bournemouth and one which you are not likely to see repeated again anytime soon.
We continually bemoan the financial mess our club is in when it comes to contracts with players, so I fail to see how pissing away more money on a guy proven to be a level below where we should be - we have a history of keeping guys longer than we should have, so we should pull the pin here and move him on imo

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:25 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 am
The Athletic report #Arsenal have offered Eddie Nketiah a new contract. #Arsenal believe it is better to protect his value by tying him down to a new deal & potentially selling him next season following a fruitful loan stint. https://t.co/TusO9yTfVr

#Arsenal are open to selling him this summer if the 22-year-old does not sign a new deal. The Gunners want to avoid the situation of Nketiah running his contract down & leaving for nothing next year. https://t.co/qIp9M1s5XM

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

#internalsolutions :wink:

:shock:

Behaving like a proper football club at last, whatver next eh?

Extend his contract, bang him out on loan somewhere, hope he bangs in a few goals and then flog him for decent money despite us all knowing he's a bit shit.....a.k.a. the Rhian Brewster effect.

I'm all for it 8)

Stop ffs - sell him now for whatever we can get and move on
Agreed

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Liverpool can get £20m + for the likes of Brewster and Ibe because of how good their side is. The perception is that they aren’t quite good enough for Liverpool but still worth a pretty penny. (at least both were sold when Liverpool were dominating the league).

Trying to compare that to Arsenal is not the same thing. We are shite and if some of these players can’t get into a shite Arsenal side then they are assumed to be proper shite.

Although I do think that Nketiah is a decent poacher he is not an all-round player. He is no Bamford that works for the team and creates as many chances as he scores. I’d put him at £10m. Nothing more special than that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:31 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:53 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:40 pm
Swap deal with Wolves for AMN and Neves, anyone ? I’d defo take that.
I'd take it, but it's like swapping Coors for Budweiser. It's a slight step up but neither are proper beer. :lol:
Or shagging Sarah Ferguson then Sophie Rees Jones. A bit better but neither of them are Megan Markle. I'm using this as an example of how we have become more inclusive on this forum in recent years. I don't want people to think we only discuss booze and football. We can happily include topics about birds on here too.
8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqZjVLokL8

This is a very good conversation about birds :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:41 pm
Liverpool can get £20m + for the likes of Brewster and Ibe because of how good their side is. The perception is that they aren’t quite good enough for Liverpool but still worth a pretty penny. (at least both were sold when Liverpool were dominating the league).

Trying to compare that to Arsenal is not the same thing. We are shite and if some of these players can’t get into a shite Arsenal side then they are assumed to be proper shite.

Although I do think that Nketiah is a decent poacher he is not an all-round player. He is no Bamford that works for the team and creates as many chances as he scores. I’d put him at £10m. Nothing more special than that.
Not sure I’d agree with that. I mean how many young players do the chavs, united or city flog for 15-25 million? Fuck all that I can remember anyway. Surely the same logic should apply there no?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm
Ah but Rodder's you forget Josh said we'd all be pleased with where the club is going this summer that means his Daddy must finally be putting some money in :tumbleweed:
Yeah and he also said Arsenal fans should “be excited”.

Fucking C.UNT :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Is he gone yet?

Is he gone yet?

Is he gone yet?

What's Italian for "Is he gone yet?" :banghead:

Actually, fuck that. What's Italian for "will you just go you cùnt?" :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:17 pm
Is he gone yet?

Is he gone yet?

Is he gone yet?

What's Italian for "Is he gone yet?" :banghead:

Actually, fuck that. What's Italian for "will you just go you cùnt?" :censored:

Oi Youuzza el cuntoclubeefootohh just a afucketty oft yes? - Well something along those lines anyway :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Will you lot shut the fuck up about Xhaka being sold, if one of you manages to jinx this deal there will be consequencies, dire consequencies!!

Xhaka leaving is like fight club....... :cussing: :cussing: :box: :box:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Comments from Xhaka on his season with Arsenal :roll:

“Football is a team sport and you're only as good as your team," said the midfielder as he reflected on the season.

"Of course it was a good year for me personally, I've always played and performed, but the place at the end of the season is of course really bitter and disappointing for us."

Granit, the man who thinks he had a good season and always performed :oops: :oops: we’ll miss you less than covid :roll:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 am
Comments from Xhaka on his season with Arsenal :roll:

“Football is a team sport and you're only as good as your team," said the midfielder as he reflected on the season.

"Of course it was a good year for me personally, I've always played and performed, but the place at the end of the season is of course really bitter and disappointing for us."

Granit, the man who thinks he had a good season and always performed :oops: :oops: we’ll miss you less than covid :roll:
I put this on the Xhaka thread , incredible isn't it! I still have mates fellow season ticket holders who thinks he's undersold and not our worst midfielder , I just don't get it. As for Clive, dilusions of grandeur is the reason why he never improved.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nobody is coming

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: