ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:34 am
I suppose the possibility that the club might make more money off selling Saliba than any of our other CBs might have something to do with it :rubchin:

I have no idea what Arteta's vision going forward is, and probably he has no idea either, but if he wants CBs with PL experience over potential then offloading Saliba might make more financial sense.

It's modern day Arsenal under Wiggy, Edu and Arteta who the fuck knows what 'the process' is :?
Very similar to "the next level", the process is the process. :D

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
I suppose the possibility that the club might make more money off selling Saliba than any of our other CBs might have something to do with it :rubchin:

I have no idea what Arteta's vision going forward is, and probably he has no idea either, but if he wants CBs with PL experience over potential then offloading Saliba might make more financial sense.

It's modern day Arsenal under Wiggy, Edu and Arteta who the fuck knows what 'the process' is :?

Reality is that white has a mere 36 premier league appearances so isnt that experienced, and he has never played international football at any age group prior to those 2 friendly appearances a few months ago. I havent seen enough of white to judge him one way or another so I am in no way dissing the guy, but I am absolutely raging over the treatment of saliba by a guy who has only proven himself to be inept at every aspect of premier league management - in time saliba might be proven to be lacking in necessary quality, but right now I would rather trust the judgement of a man proven to be good at assessing talented players (mislintat), over a guy who has shown himself to be woeful at assessing players

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I get that Augie, I really do, but I am merely putting forward the only explanation I can think of.

36 PL appearances is still more than Saliba has even a sniff at though. I also wonder if it has to do with home grown rules which I am fairly sure there are proposed changes about in the works.

In reality we are all clueless as to the workings of not just Arteta but the club's direction as a whole so nothing surprises me any more :rubchin:

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

It obvious that Arteta doesn't trust Saliba and doesn't feel comfortable starting with a 19 year old center back week in week out in what is going to be a make or break season for him. If we sign Ben White, I'd rather we sell Holding or Mari than Saliba because they will never be any better than average. But then it is not my job that is on the line.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunnerz4life wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:56 am
It obvious that Arteta doesn't trust Saliba and doesn't feel comfortable starting with a 19 year old center back week in week out in what is going to be a make or break season for him. If we sign Ben White, I'd rather we sell Holding or Mari than Saliba because they will never be any better than average. But then it is not my job that is on the line.

That would be my feeling too - we are clinging on to older players who have proved themselves to be no better than decent, and then we wonder why we have an average team and are heading for mid-table oblivion. We have to aspire to be better, and part of doing that is giving a chance to young lads with potential - it wont always work (and might actually fail more than succeed), but playing players who might be good enough makes more sense to me than playing players that we know are not good enough.

Btw pep's water boy's job is not on the line, and never will be as long as we have american couldnt care less owners :evil: :censored: :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

This is Arteta's Vision going forward:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBard has learned how to post a gif! :barscarf: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Probably got someone to post it for him :wink: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:48 pm
Probably got someone to post it for him :wink: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And this is GoonerMuzz trying to do an impersonation of Clummo.

:wink: :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Very fine attempt tbf. :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I agree fella’s, it makes no sense to sell Saliba over Holding (particularly). Holding is a championship level player and is not going to improve. Saliba has way more Ligue 1 experience than White does in the PL, I know it’s not as ‘tough’ as the PL but it’s a decent league. There’s no way that Saliba wouldn’t be better than Holding after 1 year playing on the PL, no way, but Arteta has his faves and he has his ‘red list’ and Saliba is on the red list and will never get a chance even.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martin Ødegaard confirms to TV 2 Norway that he will play for Real Madrid the coming season. He says they have made it clear that they want him back. He will start pre-season in one and a half week.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @footmercato, #Arsenal are currently in favour of sending William Saliba out on loan again. https://t.co/f97muxoeAX

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:11 pm
Very fine attempt tbf. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:23 pm
According to @footmercato, #Arsenal are currently in favour of sending William Saliba out on loan again. https://t.co/f97muxoeAX

I'm well aware that majority of stuff spouted on social media about transfers is absolute bu.llshit, but IF there is any truth to this story, then it would suggest to me that there is some uncertainty behind the scenes regarding pep's water boy :rubchin: If arteta wants a new centre back then it is obvious he doesnt want saliba, and if that is the case then he would want saliba sold - if the club power brokers were 100% behind arteta then saliba would be sold, but there might be a fear from those power brokers that we could be selling a potential star, so they would want to keep him in case arteta doesnt work out