ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

Jack Wilshere being diplomatic...

Jack Wilshere told the Highbury Squad that he is ‘surprised’ at the lack of game time Gabriel Martinelli has been receiving at Arsenal.

The 20-year-old was an under-used figure by Mikel Arteta last season and Wilshere thinks the Arsenal youngster has qualities ‘you can’t teach’.“I feel he will only get better with experience of playing in the big games. I do think he is a player who will thrive off having the fans back.

“I remember the game at Chelsea when he scored that goal. He just got better and better as the game went on and the fans got behind him. I am excited to see more of him.”

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am
Jack Wilshere being diplomatic...

Jack Wilshere told the Highbury Squad that he is ‘surprised’ at the lack of game time Gabriel Martinelli has been receiving at Arsenal.

The 20-year-old was an under-used figure by Mikel Arteta last season and Wilshere thinks the Arsenal youngster has qualities ‘you can’t teach’.“I feel he will only get better with experience of playing in the big games. I do think he is a player who will thrive off having the fans back.

“I remember the game at Chelsea when he scored that goal. He just got better and better as the game went on and the fans got behind him. I am excited to see more of him.”
I'm looking forward to crowds back too so arteta is hounded out of the club

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:53 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:55 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:48 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:05 am
The Express this morning claims that lyon have now upped the asking price for Aouar to £25m - what has sparked the increase when no club has bid is beyond me, but to me it is still a price I would pay.

I was listening to an Irish podcast yesterday evening where they had the french journo phillipe auclair (yes wenger's buddy) and he was talking in general about the state of french club football - he spoke about the collapse of a tv deal that has tore the arse out of french football, and even though amazon have signed a deal now to cover french football, it is nowhere near the same money as the previous deal was worth. He didnt use the exact phrase shitfest, but he said something along those lines (cant remember the phrase now :oops: ) when he described the state some clubs are in (he names league champions lille in that), and he said that with the exception of psg, all french clubs are gonna need to sell just to survive.
I said it before and I will say it again, moussa dembele and Aouar would be massive additions for this Arsenal team, and both are with the right age groups for modern day AFC. I know that dembele went on loan to Ath Madrid for second half of last season and didnt score a goal, but he was injured for a while, plus (more importantly) I have seen this guy play and he is a good player. Personally I would offer lacazette and cash for both these players, and I think it would be a very good deal for all concerned 8)
Spurs and Utd are I terested in him as well which is probably why they've pushed the price up hoping for a bidding war, Utd also looking as Neves to replace Pogba who PSG are trying to buy.

Said it before not many agreed with me , we sold the wrong keeper, he looks absolutely top class now with another medal to boot.
I'm calling horseshit there buddy. MOST of us said it at the time. :lol:
Admittedly I'm going by my ever decreasing memory, maybe it was some of the 'big' names that stuck out :D
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:31 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am
I dont get the Abraham deal, hopefully its just media talk. For one, if he did join he should be 4th choice striker behind all of PEA, Laca and Martinelli. Two, I have this horrible feeling that Arteta will do to Martinelli what Wenger did to Gnabry and just ignore an obvious talent. Gnabry quality wasnt realised in hindsight, he actually was a great player for us & should have been playing in the first team. I dont see why we would prioritize a decent Chelsea player over the potential of Martinelli - this is a sackable offence. I further dont see the difference between Abraham and Nketiah.

As for Jordon Henderson on a free. He would absolutely improve the team. You could have a front 6 of Henderson, Partey, ESR, Saka, Pepe, PEA.

For starters if jordon henderson is the height of our ambitions, then we would be better off supporting someone like villa or everton :roll:

Secondly, where or what did you read that suggests that he would be available on a free ? The man is still under contract and there is no way that the victims will allow their captain to walk away on a free when they could probably still get a sizeable fee for him.

DB10, may I suggest banning anyone that supports the idea of signing any of ramsdale, henderson or abraham ? There really is no defence of that
I'm struggling to find a reason not to! :lol: :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Managers and Technical Directors should be made to write clear policies on things like transfers and publish them to the fans so we can call bullshit on the twats.... Arsenal and Wiggy treat us like customers so we should be allowed to go full Karen on the *word censored* when they don't live up to their words :wink:

To think that at one point we were shocked/irritated with the old 'thank you for your interest in our affairs' letter, you wouldn't even get that good a response these days :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Smith Rowe signs a new deal :barscarf:

Can't believe the doomsdayers peddling that bullshit Villa link the past few weeks.......behave!

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this, but congratulations to ESR on his new contract and new number. One of the very few bright sparks last season, and surely going on to better things this season.

Oh, and f uck off Villa, you tinpot shites.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Can't believe the doomsdayers peddling that bullshit Villa link the past few weeks.......behave!
And he’s our new number 10 :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Hopefully Martinez-Lite will try playing him as a Number 10 rather than as a Left full back. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

g88ner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

What an upgrade on the bug eyed bottler who last disgraced that shirt :evil:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 pm
g88ner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Great news

Gabi supposedly getting the 11 jersey. If true then he must be part of this season's plan

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

5 Yr deal

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I hate giving credit, but whoever talked all the youngsters into signing their souls away needs a pat on the back, some if our best prospects tied down is good business.......

Unfortunately the natural cynic in me wonders if this just a ploy to enable the club to get serious cash for them in a season or two rather than long term intent to rebuild the squad and club

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

You can't help yourself can you ?

Albeit his market value has probably doubled now , matbe we should do the same with the ones we want to go.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:59 pm
g88ner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

And once upon a time William Gallas! :shock: