ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:02 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:03 pm
According to @Linterista_page, Hector Bellerin absolutely wants to join Inter. The player has confirmed several times that he wants the Nerazzurri, & its most likely that the player's will will be decisive for the white smoke. https://t.co/g6yRTSbtqg
I'll use the same comparison that I've used before but for this context this time. I absolutely want to have a threesome with Helena Christensen and Heidi Klum. It in absolutely no way means they want to have one with me. Perhaps I need to ring Hector and let him know that sometimes, you might just not really be the type for the object of your affections. It's probably best to lower your ambitions slightly.
Okay mate so do you still want the Girl On Girl (action) pics I've got of Heidi and Helena from the orgy in Italy 12 years ago...both oiled up and both into muff diving. :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
According to @Linterista_page, Hector Bellerin absolutely wants to join Inter. The player has confirmed several times that he wants the Nerazzurri, & its most likely that the player's will will be decisive for the white smoke. https://t.co/g6yRTSbtqg
I'll use the same comparison that I've used before but for this context this time. I absolutely want to have a threesome with Helena Christensen and Heidi Klum. It in absolutely no way means they want to have one with me. Perhaps I need to ring Hector and let him know that sometimes, you might just not really be the type for the object of your affections. It's probably best to lower your ambitions slightly.
Okay mate so do you still want the Girl On Girl (action) pics I've got of Heidi and Helena from the orgy in Italy 12 years ago...both oiled up and both into muff diving. :D
Absolutely. Usual address please. Actually, can when sell them online to help raise funds to ship Xhaka and Bellerin off to Italy?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:12 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Absolutely. Usual address please. Actually, can when sell them online to help raise funds to ship Xhaka and Bellerin off to Italy?
:D Excellent Idea...what a worthy cause! :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

They can not be serious, have we actually fucking managed to sell any *word censored* this window???

We're going to have a bigger squad than last season but with the same shite players getting game time......Clive, Linda, Colllossusnatch and fucking Willian :banghead:

Bollocks to that pay the *word censored* to leave :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

If Xhaka and Bellerin are to stay it needs to be made clear they will not be considered first team players. Bellerin needs to be stripped of the vice captaincy and apparently Xhaka is our '4th captain', a meaningless thing but all the same it needs to be stripped.

Bellerin will likely remain in the first 11 as he is better than Chambers, but Xhaka can sit behind Partey, the new Belgium lad, Elneny and Willock if he stays. Because its no secret we tried to offload him to Roma and Roma were lukewarm at best. If that doesn't speak to Arteta about Xhaka qualities as a player nothing will. Aside form the odd long range missile he really is an average midfielder. If Xhaka stays I think that kills of a the chance to bring in another midfielder. We are not going to get Locatelli or an established midfielder so the question now is who will play alongside Partey. Ill say it right now. Joe Willock

I think selling Willock is a massive error, especially at a piss take 20m which some papers have. Willock scored more goals in half a season that Grealish did in an entire season and Grealsih is supposed to go for over 100m. Those 8 goals in 14 games at Newcastle are a sure sign of promise. He is only 21 and often a young player needs a breakthrough moment to be able to kick on. Thats Willocks breakthrough moment & we should let him try and kick on. Partey to sit an hold, Willock to get up and down, and ESR as the number 10.

Arteta neds to be bold somewhere. Its possible to change the team up without making signings and if we are going to dawdle through this transfer window, then ring the changes on the pitch. The idea of Xhaka and Elneny getting picked ahead of Willock and the Lokonga is depressing. Theres an energetic idea and theory behind giving Willock a place in the first team. But that's the idea picking Xhaka? I just fucking know Arteta will settle into a Partey Xhaka duo.

He isnt a bold manager. He doesnt have any ideas outside what he thinks he 'should' be doing.

John F

Post by John F »

I am hoping it is because that they have come to the realisation that they can't sell Clive or Ballerina for the price they want so they are renewing their contracts to preserve their value with a view to loaning them out to the club's interested.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 am
If Xhaka and Bellerin are to stay it needs to be made clear they will not be considered first team players. Bellerin needs to be stripped of the vice captaincy and apparently Xhaka is our '4th captain', a meaningless thing but all the same it needs to be stripped.

Bellerin will likely remain in the first 11 as he is better than Chambers, but Xhaka can sit behind Partey, the new Belgium lad, Elneny and Willock if he stays. Because its no secret we tried to offload him to Roma and Roma were lukewarm at best. If that doesn't speak to Arteta about Xhaka qualities as a player nothing will. Aside form the odd long range missile he really is an average midfielder. If Xhaka stays I think that kills of a the chance to bring in another midfielder. We are not going to get Locatelli or an established midfielder so the question now is who will play alongside Partey. Ill say it right now. Joe Willock

I think selling Willock is a massive error, especially at a piss take 20m which some papers have. Willock scored more goals in half a season that Grealish did in an entire season and Grealsih is supposed to go for over 100m. Those 8 goals in 14 games at Newcastle are a sure sign of promise. He is only 21 and often a young player needs a breakthrough moment to be able to kick on. Thats Willocks breakthrough moment & we should let him try and kick on. Partey to sit an hold, Willock to get up and down, and ESR as the number 10.

Arteta neds to be bold somewhere. Its possible to change the team up without making signings and if we are going to dawdle through this transfer window, then ring the changes on the pitch. The idea of Xhaka and Elneny getting picked ahead of Willock and the Lokonga is depressing. Theres an energetic idea and theory behind giving Willock a place in the first team. But that's the idea picking Xhaka? I just fucking know Arteta will settle into a Partey Xhaka duo.

He isnt a bold manager. He doesnt have any ideas outside what he thinks he 'should' be doing.
Partey and willock in the heart of our midfield, if that's the next level then let's have friendlies against Scarborough and whitley bay cos that's about the right level :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

John F wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:17 am
I am hoping it is because that they have come to the realisation that they can't sell Clive or Ballerina for the price they want so they are renewing their contracts to preserve their value with a view to loaning them out to the club's interested.
It's exactly this John.

They're not being offered an extension because the club want to keep them as players, it's about protecting their value.

If neither can be moved on this window then January and next summer will see them with less time remaining on the contracts thus their value will be reduced.

The true downside for us is that they will both be considered first team squad and therefore we will have to endure watching them play on occasions.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:17 am
All well and good but those players won't be signing for a lesser wage, it will just add millions on to the players price tag that we need to recoup, nobody wants to pay their knock down prices as it is.

Add to that they will want even higher wages from their next club and again no one wants to pay their existing wages.

Just get rid of them, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE,, that should go on the Arsrnal websites front page with a picture of the two, if that don't work then, well I don't know what will.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:44 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

Partey and willock in the heart of our midfield, if that's the next level then let's have friendlies against Scarborough and whitley bay cos that's about the right level :lol:

Well its not is it because Partey was brought in from Athletico Madrid and Willock was the top goal scoring midfielder in the premier league in the second half of last season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:44 am
wilson2.0 wrote:

:lol:

100% on the money Lefty. 8)

Fucking Willock, a flash in the pan over 7 games when the season was finished and most teams were totally off the boil. Let's ignore the 80 or so games he played for us where the game just passed him by. And fucking Partey! Almost as inept as Clive ffs. Those two as our centre would be a door open policy on a par with Katie Price's growler! :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

We should sign Lautaro Martinez because he has a great hair cut. :lol:

The fact he only wants to go to Spain has nothing to do with it.

I also read that he wants to move to the EPL but you never know what's true and what's BS.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Elninny is average as fuck and should not be at a club like Arsenal but he has absolutely pissed all over Pillock and Partey performance-wise on the pitch for us.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Your basing your invective against young players like Willock and Nketiah on their performances as inexperienced kids . All young players come through at different rates and it's possible that Willock has stepped up during his loan spell . His scoring record was certainly better .

I don't think any of us expect to see us at the very top of the league but all logically want to see improvement.

We know that we can't sell the likes of Xhaka and Willian so they are stuck at the club. So at least until the January window I would prefer to see Willock play than them and see just how much he has improved or not.

We have both Balogun , Lokonga and Nketiah on the fringes if it means less of Xhaka/ Aubameyang / Willian on the pitch . So be it .

Lacazette for all of his faults plays better with the young ones on the pitch . If we are to ostracise one of the two it would be Auba in my opinion purely because we look better when he is not playing .

We have to accept that nobody is going to take our dross off of our hands for any meaningful amount . We are going to lose money on all of them to get shot , afterall we still have Torriera , Kolasinac and Bellerin all of whom want out . If we get loans for them we will be lucky.

In the mean time we need a keeper more than anywhere else . As much as I don't rate Leno too highly , should he get injured we are completely shafted.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:05 am
Your basing your invective against young players like Willock and Nketiah on their performances as inexperienced kids . All young players come through at different rates and it's possible that Willock has stepped up during his loan spell . His scoring record was certainly better .

I don't think any of us expect to see us at the very top of the league but all logically want to see improvement.

We know that we can't sell the likes of Xhaka and Willian so they are stuck at the club. So at least until the January window I would prefer to see Willock play than them and see just how much he has improved or not.

We have both Balogun , Lokonga and Nketiah on the fringes if it means less of Xhaka/ Aubameyang / Willian on the pitch . So be it .

Lacazette for all of his faults plays better with the young ones on the pitch . If we are to ostracise one of the two it would be Auba in my opinion purely because we look better when he is not playing .

We have to accept that nobody is going to take our dross off of our hands for any meaningful amount . We are going to lose money on all of them to get shot , afterall we still have Torriera , Kolasinac and Bellerin all of whom want out . If we get loans for them we will be lucky.

In the mean time we need a keeper more than anywhere else . As much as I don't rate Leno too highly , should he get injured we are completely shafted.
Because you don't bother your bollocks to quote anyone I've no idea if you are addressing me or Lefty. I'll assume it's me.

If so, I've no idea where you get this impression I have "invective against young players". I have invective against poor players whatever age. Willock is not an inexperienced kid. He made 80 appearances for us and showed nothing. Nothing. He drifted around the midfield in every match as the game passed him by. In 80 games you will see something in a player that indicates he's got what is required to make it. Willock showed nothing.

Then he has a bit of a run of form under no pressure at a nothing club like the toon at the tail end of the season when most teams are switched off..... is that enough to start him in our central midfield - because that is what is being suggested here..... the fuck it is. :roll: