ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 pm
According to @SamiMokbel81_DM Aaron Ramsdale is expected to maintain the #1 GK position in the team. Leno's future is in doubt and Arsenal want to sell him next summer. #afc https://t.co/fQoSxH7xyp

Is he out of contract next summer ?? :?
Nah, 2 years left so probably sell him next summer I guess…. Or loan him out until his contract expires and not recoup a penny :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

A short message to those clubs showing an interest in Saka.

F**k Off!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm
A short message to those clubs showing an interest in Saka.

F**k Off!!! YOUCUN.TS
:D :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @Eurosport_UK, #Arsenal will become open to offers for Bernd Leno once the transfer window opens in January. A return to Germany is believed to be most likely for Leno. https://t.co/ZNXRl83a46

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm
According to @Eurosport_UK, #Arsenal will become open to offers for Bernd Leno once the transfer window opens in January. A return to Germany is believed to be most likely for Leno. https://t.co/ZNXRl83a46

At end of last season it was widely believed that leno wanted out - why did we not sell him then ?? He is now going to be 6 months closer to his contract ending, plus you would imagine that has value would plummet as long as he is back up to ramsdale :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

At end of last season it was widely believed that leno wanted out - why did we not sell him then ?? He is now going to be 6 months closer to his contract ending, plus you would imagine that has value would plummet as long as he is back up to ramsdale :roll:
I think his value has already plummeted based on the fact he's complete gash tbh.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 am
mcdowell42 wrote:

I would speculate that we didn't have an adequate replacement in time for him to move. Ramsdale deal completed 3 days before transfer window closed and probably kept hold of Leno as a back up. We currently have 4 gk's registered for the season, I imagine Leno will be shifted in January window.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Posting this more in hope and desperation, if he starts this fukker Sunday :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... sfer-blow/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 am
Posting this more in hope and desperation, if he starts this fukker Sunday :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... sfer-blow/
If we somehow manage to offload Clive to Juve it would be the insanest transfer coup since we completely took the piss by offloading Alex Mong to the whores! Please let it happen. 🙏

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I can’t be 100% sure but the other night against Wimbledon, I’m sure Leno’s gloves had the sponsors name ‘Utterly Butterly’ around the wrists? 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 am
I can’t be 100% sure but the other night against Wimbledon, I’m sure Leno’s gloves had the sponsors name ‘Utterly Butterly’ around the wrists? 8)
:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good One. (I think he uses it on his hair)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I know it is early days however so far from what I have seen our acquisitions are settling quite nicely. As with many on here i was whelmed by the signings we made and in all honesty if I'm being overly critical i still think we could have bought at least one or two established names however I'm willing to eat a certain amount of humble pie up to now.

Ramsdale has looked solid, Tomiyasu has been a massive improvement on what we had at RB, Lakonga has settled in nicely and seems to have a good head and is forward thinking which is a nice change. I'm still a bit 'juries out' on White but he seems to be forming a better understanding with Gabriel after a shaky start and I am slowly warming to Odegaard and if rumours are true he is forming a good friendship with ESR in training which can only be a good thing. Tavares has deputised well for Tierney or played well enough when he has come on and the formation has changed.

All in all their are slight signs of improvement and as they play more and get more understanding of each other things will hopefully continue to improve, the added advantage of course being that as they get better we should see less and less of the twats we still have.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Mark Irwin, #Arsenal have started drawing up a target list of strikers as they prepare for the departure of Alexandre Lacazette. England internationals Dominic Calvert-Lewin & Ollie Watkins have both been mentioned as potential replacements.
https://t.co/rcUfcDuD3w