ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:33 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:51 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:08 pm
NEW: @MailSport understands that #AFC believe there is still an opportunity to strike an agreement with #LCFC for Maddison, with club officials confident a package worth about £60m may get the deal done. Full story.
https://t.co/yfmuEq3naQ
I know the media make shit up but is Maddison really that good? (Genuine question as I don’t ever watch Leicester unless it’s against Arsenal)

For £60m+ I’d want someone at least good enough to get in the England squad! :oops: :shock:

I think that he is a really good player, but there are question marks over him if the alleged rumors about him falling out with Brenda Rodgers are true - allegedly heatbutted Rodgers and there is no excuse for any player to do that to the manager IMO. It was telling that he was only on bench for last few games of the season, and that includes the fa cup final
So how is that different from Guendozi mate , same question marks at him ?

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:40 pm
augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
NEW: @MailSport understands that #AFC believe there is still an opportunity to strike an agreement with #LCFC for Maddison, with club officials confident a package worth about £60m may get the deal done. Full story.
I know the media make shit up but is Maddison really that good? (Genuine question as I don’t ever watch Leicester unless it’s against Arsenal)

For £60m+ I’d want someone at least good enough to get in the England squad! :oops: :shock:

I think that he is a really good player, but there are question marks over him if the alleged rumors about him falling out with Brenda Rodgers are true - allegedly heatbutted Rodgers and there is no excuse for any player to do that to the manager IMO. It was telling that he was only on bench for last few games of the season, and that includes the fa cup final

Where and when did guendouzi hit that useless c.unt ?? I must have missed that :?

Call it naive or old fashioned if you like, but I would have more respect for a guy that punched me than I guy that head butted me - the headbutt seems worse in my view

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:08 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:40 pm
augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Where and when did guendouzi hit that useless c.unt ?? I must have missed that :?

Call it naive or old fashioned if you like, but I would have more respect for a guy that punched me than I guy that head butted me - the headbutt seems worse in my view
Headbutt is a sneaky cùnts move. :censored:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I disagree it is a great way to end an argument if you get it right :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:45 pm
Throat punch is much classier. :D

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:48 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Or the Onebard ‘finger up the bum’ method :shock:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:00 am
Now Villa are bidding for ESR

No excuses for the club not signing him to a new deal.

Even the low hanging fruit such as signing a young lad to what would likely be his first major deal should be fucking easy. He is on 20k a week until 2023. Surely that can be extended by 2 years at closer to 50-60k, with the idea of topping up again if his performance warrants. He doesn't sound like a problem player looking for the 100k a week salary from the get go. And yet, the club are dragging their feet and this is encouraging bids from other clubs.

ESR, Saka, Tierney, Martinelli. These are the uncut diamonds with explosive potential to need to keep and for the long term.

They should all be given first team chances. I see no reason why Lacazette should keep getting picked ahead of Martinelli. Tierney and Saka are first team players, but give ESR the nod and vote of confidence. And if he is to be in the first team he needs a proper salary.

Im also up for keeping Willock and Nketiah. Were never going to buy our way back to the top. We are going to have to rely on some of the academy players.
I totally agreed until you mentioned Nketiah. Not even Championship level. Puzzled that Nelson didn’t get a run out every now and again. Did very well in Germany and looks a different class in under 23s.

Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli & Tierney should be picked when fit. They are the future.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:08 pm
Arsenal know what Emile Smith Rowe wants to extend his contract. They are yet to put together an offer that he would accept and there has been little progress in talks. https://t.co/QA5jVGqFKW
He wants what Willian got cos he did his job last season.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If all of these deals we are linked to were to come off we would need Sheikh Mansour to pay the bill. 1 million percent bullshit. The lot!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

wibble wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Well, it is pride month. :gayflag:

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 pm
wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Over here the post office bring out commerative (sp :oops: ) booklets of 10 stamps every so often (the last one's were U2 stamps), and if your post office does not sell them all you can return them and they will credit your account accordingly. This month they have released Pride booklets and we have all been told that they will not accept returns on these stamps - in other words we have to be seen to be pushing these stamps whether people want them or not, and we are literally forcing them down peoples throats (no pun intended).

More pc bollox imo

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:28 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 pm
wibble wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Over here the post office bring out commerative (sp :oops: ) booklets of 10 stamps every so often (the last one's were U2 stamps), and if your post office does not sell them all you can return them and they will credit your account accordingly. This month they have released Pride booklets and we have all been told that they will not accept returns on these stamps - in other words we have to be seen to be pushing these stamps whether people want them or not, and we are literally forcing them down peoples throats (no pun intended).

More pc bollox imo
You mean you don’t enjoy your stamp being franked?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Roma have reached the final stages of negotiations with Arsenal for Xhaka. Roma are now ready to offer €20m including add ons. https://t.co/aoeiVSAV6l

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Mirror report Watford are lining up a move for Ainsley Maitland-Niles. Southampton are also keen on the player. Watford & Southampton are both set to make moves next week for the 23-year-old who has two years left on his contract. #Arsenal https://t.co/JpNFZTAxgo

John F

Post by John F »

Talking to a Leicester fan today who told me the story of the Maddison head butt was bollock s.He did say they were linked with Coutinho which could mean they are raising funds by selling Maddison to Arsenal and and that he wouldn't miss him due to his injuries and loss of form last season.