ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:34 pm
A bit controversial for the next window but the more I watch Patrick Bamford the more I can see him fitting perfectly in the way Arteta wants his no.9 to play. He's not world class, maybe not even international class but he works hard for the team and scores goals, similar to the way a certain Alan Smith played. He's developed really well under Bielsa and right now given a straight choice between Bamford, Lacazette and Nketiah, I'd probably go for Bamford.

Stop ffs, just stop. Bamford is an average striker having his best season in his career to date (he is 27 ffs), and next season he will revert to type - have you forgotten the chances he missed against us in their shithole ? He was the reason why we werent beaten in that game

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:
A bit controversial for the next window but the more I watch Patrick Bamford the more I can see him fitting perfectly in the way Arteta wants his no.9 to play. He's not world class, maybe not even international class but he works hard for the team and scores goals, similar to the way a certain Alan Smith played. He's developed really well under Bielsa and right now given a straight choice between Bamford, Lacazette and Nketiah, I'd probably go for Bamford.

Stop ffs, just stop. Bamford is an average striker having his best season in his career to date (he is 27 ffs), and next season he will revert to type - have you forgotten the chances he missed against us in their shithole ? He was the reason why we werent beaten in that game
Have to agree with the little bald fella. :wink: Bamford is having his "Rob Lee season" that's all. He'll never do half as well again in his career.

Nos mate I'm starting to think you like a little bit of controversy.... wasn't it you that made a similar case for Danny Ings....?! :shock:

:D :wink:

Also, regarding Smudger. The key qualifier (and difference) is that the man that played him in that role was a tactical and strategic genius. 8)

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

suggesting bamford is nearly on red member levels of wumming!

that said everyone said the same about kane when he suddenly got good. shame he didnt revert to shite like he was when on the verge of them flogging him. if it wasnt for injury crisis he would have been in League 1.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:47 pm
suggesting bamford is nearly on red member levels of wumming!

that said everyone said the same about kane when he suddenly got good. shame he didnt revert to shite like he was when on the verge of them flogging him. if it wasnt for injury crisis he would have been in League 1.
Ahhhh, those were the days. Good old Red!

I wonder if he's still tucked up in his Alex Song duvet stroking himself off to pictures of Captain Denilson and Excellent Djourou :D :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Red member an absolute legend :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:20 pm
Fucking stop it. :box:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:27 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Have to agree with the little bald fella. :wink: Bamford is having his "Rob Lee season" that's all. He'll never do half as well again in his career.
Nos mate I'm starting to think you like a little bit of controversy.... wasn't it you that made a similar case for Danny Ings....?! :shock:

Also, regarding Smudger. The key qualifier (and difference) is that the man that played him in that role was a tactical and strategic genius. 8)
Just looking at his stats this season created/ scored as many league goals on his own as our £173m forward line combined

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
I agree mate - the days of him and your buddy with his football scout cousin in France :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:44 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I agree mate - the days of him and your buddy with his football scout cousin in France :D
And not forgetting US Marty :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:27 am
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Just looking at his stats this season created/ scored as many league goals on his own as our £173m forward line combined
:lol: :lol:

Haha true but that's a low bar buddy. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

How old was Auba when we signed him?
I'm saying he'd be a good addition to the squad given our forward options.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 pm
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You are comparing bamford with auba ??? :shock: :shock: Auba had a proven track record playing in germany's top division where he had scored 98 goals in 144 appearances and 26 goals in 46 appearances for them in european competitions

Buddy you need to have a serious chat with yourself

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Is there a designated William Saliba thread because we need to have a discussion about this wanking in the dressing room incident, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 pm
augie wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

You are comparing bamford with auba ??? :shock: :shock: Auba had a proven track record playing in germany's top division where he had scored 98 goals in 144 appearances and 26 goals in 46 appearances for them in european competitions

Buddy you need to have a serious chat with yourself
I've just had a chat with myself and apparently he and I can't see where you got the comparison with Auba's playing record. It was his age. Nothing to do with playing record. Germany's top division isn't that competitive. Is it maybe because he's an ex-chav who took a bit of time to come good? By all accounts last season was his one season wonder year. For our style of play he would be a great forward for us with Saka, ESR and Martinelli supporting him. But why would he leave Leeds for a team likely to finish lower than them this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 pm
Is there a designated William Saliba thread because we need to have a discussion about this wanking in the dressing room incident, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject 8)
I'm seeing a common theme here..... :rubchin:

Your recently exposed (steady tiger) liking of the homoerotic "sport" of rugby and your well documented love of interfering with yourself....