ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:04 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 pm
Is there a designated William Saliba thread because we need to have a discussion about this wanking in the dressing room incident, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject 8)
I'm seeing a common theme here..... :rubchin:

Your recently exposed (steady tiger) liking of the homoerotic "sport" of rugby and your well documented love of interfering with yourself....

:D :wink:
I like rugby and wanking is is pretty much what it says on my tinder profile 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Is there a designated William Saliba thread because we need to have a discussion about this wanking in the dressing room incident, I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject 8)

Your recently exposed (steady tiger) liking of the homoerotic "sport" of rugby and your well documented love of interfering with yourself....

:lol: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:17 am
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Make sure to scrub under your thumbnail once you're done.

Unless of course you like that smell

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal will need to pay £22m if they want to sign Spanish midfielder Dani Ceballos, 24, from Real Madrid on a permanent basis. (Mirror)

If this happens, then I'm not sure its possible to sink any lower.

£2.20 would be too much for the non-assisting, non-scoring, slippers wearing prick. He did a couple of twists and turns against Burnley in his first game and scored a goal in the FA Cup.......err, that's it

Another absolutely wasted squad space on an expensive piece of shit loan deal. Promote our own - there's nothing he's got that Azeez hasn't. End these loans from players who don't give a shit who they play for from one season to the next

I expect Rodders will be happy with the signing though :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

22 million for Hleballos? :shock: What fucking insanity is this? Wouldn't take him on a free ffs. :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 pm
Arsenal will need to pay £22m if they want to sign Spanish midfielder Dani Ceballos, 24, from Real Madrid on a permanent basis. (Mirror)

£2.20 would be too much for the non-assisting, non-scoring, slippers wearing prick. He did a couple of twists and turns against Burnley in his first game and scored a goal in the FA Cup.......err, that's it

Another absolutely wasted squad space on an expensive piece of shit loan deal. Promote our own - there's nothing he's got that Azeez hasn't. End these loans from players who don't give a shit who they play for from one season to the next

Mate seriously how much of Azeez have you actually seen? I'm hoping it's more than his 10 minutes in the first team to date.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

My young lad tells me that the rumour going around is that the danish kid AND smith-rowe will be starting today but I sincerely doubt that - more likely than ceballos will start alongside the swiss c.unt, and the danish kid will start in the 10 with the pretence of "resting" smith-rowe :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:23 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Mate seriously how much of Azeez have you actually seen? I'm hoping it's more than his 10 minutes in the first team to date.
I've seen bits and bobs, but its not just what I've seen is it?? There's plenty inside the club that rate the lad as one of the best midfield prospects we've had for years

What I have seen is Ceballos, 50 odd times doing absolutely fuck all......and I could watch him another 50 times and expect the same.

What would you rather - take a chance on one of our own, or have some Real Madrid cast off for a third season doing the same shit week in, week out ?

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I didn't mention Ceballos I was just asking what you based your exalted opinion of Azeez on?

Benik Afobe, Luke Freeman, even Chuba Akpomb were all very highly rated within the club as youngsters. Rob Holding is very highly rated too but that doesn't stop you continually sticking the knife into him.

Your opinions seem to be a bit selective. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:14 pm
I didn't mention Ceballos I was just asking what you based your exalted opinion of Azeez on?

Benik Afobe, Luke Freeman, even Chuba Akpomb were all very highly rated within the club as youngsters. Rob Holding is very highly rated too but that doesn't stop you continually sticking the knife into him.

Your opinions seem to be a bit selective. :lol:
I don't mind Holding - can't recall sticking the knife into him too much. I have said that I'm not sure what he's done to deserve a 3 year deal, and in my view there's still some serious question marks. Arteta allegedly binned Sokratis because he can't play out from the back, but I've seen little evidence that Holding is a good ball player. He's ok - not our worst, not our best, and certainly not the type of top class centre half you have as a regular starter if you hope to be a top 4 team.

There will always be a risk with young players and those ones you mention are all good examples, and there are dozens more.

I started this particular debate talking about Ceballos and if you ask me whether I'd rather see Azeez blended into the first team squad, or have Ceballos for a third season, I'd opt for Azeez. If he turns out to be like those others you mention, what have we lost? Certainly not £22m as we would have done with the slippers wearing fairy

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

If he turns out to be another Joe Willock or Reiss Nelson I'd rather not suffer the pain and anguish. It's the hope that kills you. :lol:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:26 pm
If he turns out to be another Joe Willock or Reiss Nelson I'd rather not suffer the pain and anguish. It's the hope that kills you. :lol:
Yeah Nelson is an odd one - he did really well in the Bundesliga (particularly at the start of his spell there) but it just hasn't worked out has it. Always think he looks a bit lightweight, which is also the case with Nketiah. I think Azeez looks like he's got a bit more stature about him, as does Balogun and whether people like it or not you've got to have that physicality if you're going to succeed in the PL in their positions

Watch Willock go and score 10 goals for the Geordies now :D

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:29 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Yeah Nelson is an odd one - he did really well in the Bundesliga (particularly at the start of his spell there) but it just hasn't worked out has it. Always think he looks a bit lightweight, which is also the case with Nketiah. I think Azeez looks like he's got a bit more stature about him, as does Balogun and whether people like it or not you've got to have that physicality if you're going to succeed in the PL in their positions

If Willock is a relative success at Newcastle then that would beg the question of our system, where he plays in it and what he's asked to do.

A familiar case of square pegs in round holes again?

All conjecture and hypothetical of course.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

I think we are safe enough that won't be an issue buddy. :wink:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Yes agree about Balogun, big and strong dont look short on confidence either.....need that playing for the Arsenal
Saliba looks decent from the little i have seen