ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 pm
I don't get this interest in bellend. Pochettino is no dummy so why would he want him, unless he's never seen him play? :?
ssshhh!! They'll hear you! :worried:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:02 pm
Exclusive | Hector Bellerin ready to consider Arsenal exit this summer with PSG set to revive interest in the full-back https://t.co/j8i7bUnKYj
Please don't consider it for a minute longer Hector - go and join the other c.unts at PSG, the ultimate team of c.unts. I've heard they need a new creative designer and they might let you join in the odd training session

Get this fuckbag out as soon as.....

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... s-19895216

Guendozi still causing issues, needs to grow up or waste his career

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @DuncanCastles, Bellerin & his agent have told #Arsenal that he wants to leave this summer. The most likely suitors for Bellerin are PSG. Arteta has told Edu to discuss the possibility of a swap deal with Julian Draxler. https://t.co/Z5mobMQDtg

Draxler's existing deal with PSG is due to expire at the end of June, but the German could pen a new contract at the club in order to protect his value ahead of this summer's transfer window. https://t.co/ZixrJhKFwc

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:34 pm

That can't be right, sure isn't it all Artetas fault.

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:

I like those comments from the hertha boss - he is marking guendouzi's card (which without doubt needs to be done on occasions), but he is also referencing his age and that he is going through puberty (development) in football terms, and needs to learn a lot 8) Some (un-named) managers would have dismissed the kid and fcuked him out of the club, but he is speaking to the player through the media to let him know that the onus is on him how he learns now

Have to also say that he learned that "throwing himself to the ground" shit when he was with us - I only remarked a few days ago that xhaka is an awful c.unt for doing it and it is beyond embarrassing tbh, but guendouzi did it on a number of occasions when he was here too

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:07 pm
According to @DuncanCastles, Bellerin & his agent have told #Arsenal that he wants to leave this summer. The most likely suitors for Bellerin are PSG. Arteta has told Edu to discuss the possibility of a swap deal with Julian Draxler. https://t.co/Z5mobMQDtg

Draxler's existing deal with PSG is due to expire at the end of June, but the German could pen a new contract at the club in order to protect his value ahead of this summer's transfer window. https://t.co/ZixrJhKFwc
First paragraph - dont tease me ffs! PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN.

Second paragraph - this old shit again? Really? :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm
gooner265 wrote:

I like those comments from the hertha boss - he is marking guendouzi's card (which without doubt needs to be done on occasions), but he is also referencing his age and that he is going through puberty (development) in football terms, and needs to learn a lot 8) Some (un-named) managers would have dismissed the kid and fcuked him out of the club, but he is speaking to the player through the media to let him know that the onus is on him how he learns now

Have to also say that he learned that "throwing himself to the ground" shit when he was with us - I only remarked a few days ago that xhaka is an awful c.unt for doing it and it is beyond embarrassing tbh, but guendouzi did it on a number of occasions when he was here too
Or the Manager could be bluntly telling him to get his head out his arse or you'll warm the bench for the rest of your time with us which is exactly what Lego head should have done, you really do like to clutch at straws Augie, this is the second time in a month the Hertha manager has called Guendozi out in the media, the lad has also reportedly had run ins with his team mates at the club too but you still maintain that Arteta was the problem not the player :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I, like my bald culchie colleague the augster, was a major fan of the Dozer. He brought a hunger and aggression to our pussy midfield and on occasion he showed he could pick out a pass too. Rough around the edges but with real potential. At his worst he was still light years better than Maitland-Bendtner, Pillock, Xhakatard, Huff n Puff, Nelson, Elninny etc.

But now tbh with his penchant for diving (which started while he was with us) and the increasing evidence he is a complete arsehole with a major attitude problem I think its time for us to move on, and file him under "Anelka" and what could have been. The Dozer, like Anelka, will never have the career he could have had.

I also find it quite amusing that said bald uncle-molester augie was giving credit to Martinez-Lite for getting rid of "bad influence attitude problem" Ozil but condemns him for the same approach to the Dozer...... who is let's be honest half the player with apparently twice the attitude problem..... :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:47 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Or the Manager could be bluntly telling him to get his head out his arse or you'll warm the bench for the rest of your time with us which is exactly what Lego head should have done, you really do like to clutch at straws Augie, this is the second time in a month the Hertha manager has called Guendozi out in the media, the lad has also reportedly had run ins with his team mates at the club too but you still maintain that Arteta was the problem not the player :roll:

My point is that if he did that it would have been ok with me, but instead he fcuked him out of the club as quick as he could. I continually say that guendouzi is FAR from the finished article, and no doubt that he is sometimes young and stupid, but these are things that can be coached out of him - arteta only came to us with a reputation for being a good coach, and these are things a good coach can tackle, but instead he passed the buck. DB10 might not like me comparing here, but the reality is that in my lifetime we have had several "wild" players that perseverance and good coaching turned them around, and every club in the world could say the same - good young players with potential will not respond to being cast aside, and a good coach would never dream of casting them aside like arteta did. You talk about this being the second time his manager called him out like this, but you ignore the comments a few weeks back that praised him to the hilt, and that kinda sums up the inconsistancies you get with young players.

Again I will continually add that we shouldnt forget the other aspect in this situation - originally guendouzi got dropped for a guy that abused the fans and wanted out of the club, and no-one in the world would dispute that. What kind of message to it send a young lad if the manager would still rather play a lad who doesnt want to play, than a young player willing to give everything to play ? We are ALL bemoaning the fact that martinelli is being treated appallingly by arteta and is basically being pushed out the door - was guendouzi's situation any different ? Yes martinelli has done more for the team in his appearances, but by the same token martinelli has been competing with auba, saka, laca, smith-rowe and pepe for game time, whilst guendouzi was getting squeezed by xhaka and ceballos :oops: :oops:

GG would not have shown guendouzi the door - he would have bollocked him, coached him, and cajoled him, but he would have made him a player and wouldnt have got rid over such petty issues

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:04 am
I, like my bald culchie colleague the augster, was a major fan of the Dozer. He brought a hunger and aggression to our pussy midfield and on occasion he showed he could pick out a pass too. Rough around the edges but with real potential. At his worst he was still light years better than Maitland-Bendtner, Pillock, Xhakatard, Huff n Puff, Nelson, Elninny etc.

But now tbh with his penchant for diving (which started while he was with us) and the increasing evidence he is a complete arsehole with a major attitude problem I think its time for us to move on, and file him under "Anelka" and what could have been. The Dozer, like Anelka, will never have the career he could have had.

I also find it quite amusing that said bald uncle-molester augie was giving credit to Martinez-Lite for getting rid of "bad influence attitude problem" Ozil but condemns him for the same approach to the Dozer...... who is let's be honest half the player with apparently twice the attitude problem..... :wink:

Ozil had four different managers and had the same attitude with them all. He was one of the most gifted players to play for us in my lifetime, and no doubt le cock screwed him over by asking him to carry donkeys like the useless c.unt from denmark (bendtner), but at the same time ozil felt that he was beyond reproach and bigger than the club

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I refuse to believe that Guendouzi didn't show any of these traits at Lorient. That they only manifested themselves after he joined us. Maybe we didn't do our homework properly or blindly ignored the fact that he could be a little shit?

DB's comparison to Anelka is a good one but it was known he could be sulky, surly and moody when he was in the PSG and Bloemfontein academies.

Obviously Wenger the narcissist believed he could improve that aspect of Anelka.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

""So Casoni brought Guendouzi back in to start a cup game against Nice on 8 January. He was booked after just 12 minutes but kept flying into tackles and the referee told Casoni that if he did it again he would be sent off. After one more lunge, Casoni had to take Guendouzi off on 55 minutes, and the 17-year-old stormed off refusing to shake his manager’s hand. He only made one more appearance that season, as Lorient were relegated.
It had been a difficult season for him, playing in patches for FC Lorient in Ligue 2 but falling out with manager Mickael Landreau who took over from Casoni and often being left out of the team. !""

“He believes so much in himself that he is outraged with anyone who doesn’t place him on the same pedestal that he believes he should be placed on,” Hayes says. “He has real issues with that side of his temperament. He is not a bad kid, he’s not nasty, he’s just got an innate, deep belief in himself.”

These comments were taken from an article in the Independent August 2018. It does seem that he had previous .

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:36 am
""So Casoni brought Guendouzi back in to start a cup game against Nice on 8 January. He was booked after just 12 minutes but kept flying into tackles and the referee told Casoni that if he did it again he would be sent off. After one more lunge, Casoni had to take Guendouzi off on 55 minutes, and the 17-year-old stormed off refusing to shake his manager’s hand. He only made one more appearance that season, as Lorient were relegated.
It had been a difficult season for him, playing in patches for FC Lorient in Ligue 2 but falling out with manager Mickael Landreau who took over from Casoni and often being left out of the team. !""

“He believes so much in himself that he is outraged with anyone who doesn’t place him on the same pedestal that he believes he should be placed on,” Hayes says. “He has real issues with that side of his temperament. He is not a bad kid, he’s not nasty, he’s just got an innate, deep belief in himself.”

These comments were taken from an article in the Independent August 2018. It does seem that he had previous .

Bit of a conundrum there isnt it ? On one hand we are fed up with a team of clowns with no belief and going through the motions (last sunday was a prime example), but at same time we dont want players with too much belief in themselves and lead to issues like guendouzi is having :lol: :lol: I said at the time that dropping him for xhaka was what started the trouble with him and pep's cone boy cos it was a slap in the face to him. However, it is one thing having such belief in himself, but he needs to be humble and channel it the right way instead of sometimes behaving like a cock - a good manager should be a mentor to the kid and guide him down the right path, but being a coach to veteran world class players like aguero and david silva does not teach a guy how to coach a young raw player who needs guidance.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The bit you chose to highlight was the opinion of the journalist not anyone associated with the team. He needs to be cooled down to contribute as a team member but so far he has had 5 managers to our knowledge who appear to have has problems with him 6 if you include Freddie with the latest being Hertha 's . It's not a good look but maybe the birth of his child later this year might have an effect or maybe not.