ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:42 pm
I see the little Manc c.unt has just scored for West Ham again - he's on his way!
Has 2 now
We'll end up paying £20m for the fucker and give him £200k a week to be injured and/or be shit every week won't we?

And in the meantime martinelli will have decided that enough is enough and will have left, nelson will have been bombed out the door, smith-rowe will be sharing game time with this c.unt, and william will be the main starter on the right wing with pepe rotating with him to give him a rest on occasion.

shu

Post by shu »

So do you think Linguard is not good enough for Arsenal ??? He is 100. Times the player that Pepe is for starters . Mind you most turned their noses up at the prospect of Johnny Evans joining for 5 mill a couple of years ago .
We are a mid table team ok , yes we pay big wages but that is about it .
So to slag off linguad is daft , if WHU get top 4 he might win a player of the season award .

Willian , Pepe , Nelson or Linguard ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:59 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:42 pm
I see the little Manc c.unt has just scored for West Ham again - he's on his way!
Has 2 now
We'll end up paying £20m for the fucker and give him £200k a week to be injured and/or be shit every week won't we?

And in the meantime martinelli will have decided that enough is enough and will have left, nelson will have been bombed out the door, smith-rowe will be sharing game time with this c.unt, and william will be the main starter on the right wing with pepe rotating with him to give him a rest on occasion.
Indeed mate

The Arteta myths - "he's done a great job moving on all the deadwood"

The reality:

Number of first team players moved on in 3 transfer windows - five
Number of first team players moved on in the 3 previous transfer windows - sixteen

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

shu wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm
So do you think Linguard is not good enough for Arsenal ??? He is 100. Times the player that Pepe is for starters . Mind you most turned their noses up at the prospect of Johnny Evans joining for 5 mill a couple of years ago .
So to slag off linguad is daft , if WHU get top 4 he might win a player of the season award .

Bang on mate. He may be an obnoxious little prick and ideally not someone we should be looking at but people need to wake up and realise where we currently stand in the game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

shu wrote:

Lingard was so shit for Man U that he went a whole season without a goal or an assist and was loaned out to West Ham where he is having a decent time of it to be fair - for me, hardly the criteria for a new signing. Is he better than Willian? Historically not, but of course we signed the Chav years past his best, so at this present time of course he is........but the same could probably be said for most wide midfielders in the lower half of the PL. I'd rather have Dwight McNeil, Alain Saint-Maximin, or Nathan Redmond than Willian......so that says more about how shit he is rather than how good any of them are.

If we're a midtable team (which I don't disagree with) then surely the aim is to sign players to improve upon that. Lingard couldn't get a game for the Mancs when they were midtable. He's having a decent run of form - nothing more.

As for Pepe, I think we all know some serious palms were being greased there as that transfer has never stacked up. The manager wanted Wilf and we spent as much on that c.unt. I'd still rather have Zaha and Lingard

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:30 pm
shu wrote:

Lingard was so shit for Man U that he went a whole season without a goal or an assist and was loaned out to West Ham where he is having a decent time of it to be fair - for me, hardly the criteria for a new signing. Is he better than Willian? Historically not, but of course we signed the Chav years past his best, so at this present time of course he is........but the same could probably be said for most wide midfielders in the lower half of the PL. I'd rather have Dwight McNeil, Alain Saint-Maximin, or Nathan Redmond than Willian......so that says more about how shit he is rather than how good any of them are.

If we're a midtable team (which I don't disagree with) then surely the aim is to sign players to improve upon that. Lingard couldn't get a game for the Mancs when they were midtable. He's having a decent run of form - nothing more.

As for Pepe, I think we all know some serious palms were being greased there as that transfer has never stacked up. The manager wanted Wilf and we spent as much on that c.unt. I'd still rather have Zaha and Lingard

Exactly - how are people ignoring that statistic ffs ??? He signs for the shammers in january and shu reckons he could get player of the year ??

The guy is average at best and imo we have far too many average players as is - to improve any team, the player that comes in should be better than what he is, and I would argue that he isnt. Shu compares him to willian and pepe, but that is selective at best - auba and saka are our first choice wingers so the comparisons should be with them and not the back ups

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:49 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:30 pm
shu wrote:

Exactly - how are people ignoring that statistic ffs ??? He signs for the shammers in january and shu reckons he could get player of the year ??

The guy is average at best and imo we have far too many average players as is - to improve any team, the player that comes in should be better than what he is, and I would argue that he isnt. Shu compares him to willian and pepe, but that is selective at best - auba and saka are our first choice wingers so the comparisons should be with them and not the back ups
Not only that but he has 1 year left on his deal so no doubt his 'big shot' agent will be lining up all the clubs seeing who will pay the most. Coming from the Mancs he'll have expectations of a massive contract. Would we want another Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Mustafi situation where we are paying mega money and unable to offload the fucker

shu

Post by shu »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:10 pm
shu wrote:

Bang on mate. He may be an obnoxious little prick and ideally not someone we should be looking at but people need to wake up and realise where we currently stand in the game.
Clummo we are a bang average team now with a bang average manager , sad but true.
I think too many people on here have to high a opinion of our team .
The whole Johnny Evans thing , not good enough etc and we end up with our pile of shits at centre back . Not one of them would have got on the bench in any half decent Arsenal team since the 80’s when we were last mediocre .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

shu wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:07 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
shu wrote:

Clummo we are a bang average team now with a bang average manager , sad but true.
The whole Johnny Evans thing , not good enough etc and we end up with our pile of shits at centre back . Not one of them would have got on the bench in any half decent Arsenal team since the 80’s when we were last mediocre .
Evans would have been a great signing at £3m - a solid pro who has played consistently well at this level. I didn't have a problem with it at the time and wouldn't today. Lingard however is another modern day social media loving cocky c.unt who has been shit for the past couple of years and now putting himself in the window with his contract winding down and the Euros on the horizon

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

shu wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
shu wrote:

Johnny fucking Evans is bog average on a good day ffs. He was not good enough for us then and isn't now. That doesn't mean the CHs we have are good enough. It means they are just a different shade of shite. :roll:

I don't know why people on here read "Lingard is shit" and assume it means "Peepee is brilliant"! :lol:

Why add more shit to the shit we have? :roll:

A club of our size and history should be looking at top players.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:30 pm
shu wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
shu wrote:

Johnny fucking Evans is bog average on a good day ffs. He was not good enough for us then and isn't now. That doesn't mean the CHs we have are good enough. It means they are just a different shade of shite. :roll:

I don't know why people on here read "Lingard is shit" and assume it means "Peepee is brilliant"! :lol:

Tbh I dont mind if we are looking at players a level down from top players, but I seriously object to looking at players of the shit level of lingard :lol: :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
shu wrote:

We can look mate but there ain't no way we can attract them. :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We are not that club anymore..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
shu wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
shu wrote:

We can look mate but there ain't no way we can attract them. :lol:
:lol:

Very true.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:49 pm

We are not that club anymore..
Maybe. But you don't become a small club overnight. Same way you don't become a big club overnight.

Yes we are living on our history a bit but so did the mousers* for 30 years.

But does that mean we should not have ambition? I'm hoping when (if) fans ever get back into stadia in big numbers that Martinez-Lite gets lit up, and far far more importantly the bald wig molester gets lit the fuck up.