ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! And here's a case in point:

"
Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny's proposed move to Besiktas has broken down due to the 29-year-old Egypt midfielder's wage demands. Elneny, who spent the 2019-20 season loan at Besiktas, also saw a switch to Galatasaray fall through for the same reasons"

Ueless twatt...

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have rejected an offer from Galatasaray for Mohamed Elneny.

Transfer window in Turkey closes tomorrow ⏳ 🇹🇷

https://t.co/KREL6TNXiF

Arsenal have rejected an offer from Galatasaray for Mohamed Elneny. Arteta could allow the Egyptian to leave after his u-turn on Maitland-Niles. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:16 pm
Arsenal have rejected an offer from Galatasaray for Mohamed Elneny.

Transfer window in Turkey closes tomorrow ⏳ 🇹🇷

https://t.co/KREL6TNXiF

Arsenal have rejected an offer from Galatasaray for Mohamed Elneny. Arteta could allow the Egyptian to leave after his u-turn on Maitland-Niles. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc
That's a shame because whatever they offered is 3x more than what Arsenal think he's worth.

Yeah that's the spirit. Keep him on the ridiculous wage bill rather than get rid when a chance comes begging.
Fucking idiot club!!!

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Eddie, this clown, clive the cu.nt,

all 3 genuine offers could have raised 25-28m based on the quoted fees (12m eddie, 14-16m C t C, and2 vince bartram proset cards for elneny)

yes that money wouldnt have all been at once, and yes some say it undervalues the captain of Switzerland who just had a decent Euro's so Roma should stump up more, and the eng u21's record scorer, but so fucking what??

we know C t C is shit, a liability and the market clearly values him at whatever Roma were willing to pay as there was no other interest, so our value was irrelevant, a player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Same for feather eddie.

if eddie's move broke down over wages, reduce the fee to 10m and let him trouser the rest...its still money coming in for an asset with no actual value to us (a, because hes shit and b, because hes leaving), in fact b's, not relevant - even if he had 5 years on his contract still, he would still be shit and never make it here so mug him off as soon as we can).

really pee's me off that we reject bids that don't meet our valuation and hold on to dross that will contribute absolutely nothing, if indeed not hamper us in C t C's case.

we should be taking what we can get for these players, and likewise pay up dross like kola simply to get rid. id rather pay them off and lose money* to finally get rid than have them stinking the place out all season.

* edit paying up isn't losing money its paying what they would have got over the term of their existing deal anyway, sometimes less as the player can go an earn elsewhere, so is a no lose when the asset is unsaleable.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @takvim, #Arsenal want €4m for Elneny. Negotiations between Arsenal & Galatasaray are ongoing. The Egyptian has already agreed personal terms with the Turkish club. https://t.co/QSozsBx9Ip

The above all irrelevant now seeing as the Turkish transfer window closed yesterday :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 am
According to @takvim, #Arsenal want €4m for Elneny. Negotiations between Arsenal & Galatasaray are ongoing. The Egyptian has already agreed personal terms with the Turkish club. https://t.co/QSozsBx9Ip

The above all irrelevant now seeing as the Turkish transfer window closed yesterday :lol:
Doubt it matters anyway but I read the Turkish window closes today (8th Sept) :rubchin:

Ivodrizzi

Post by Ivodrizzi »

shame to have another negative story with return of premier league.

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/soccer/e ... eague-odds

getting players back for this run of games before Spurs should be the focus.
Last edited by Ivodrizzi on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:58 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:18 am

Doubt it matters anyway but I read the Turkish window closes today (8th Sept) :rubchin:
There's always one :censored: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

For any buying club they look at the total cost over the length of the contract so agreeing terms with a player is useless untill you know how much the transfer fee is !
My bet is that he will go out on loan again because they wont agree a fee and wages,why should he take a pay cut .
Problem is i think we need him as a squad player !

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

There are a couple that I would get shot of before Elneny . Whilst I agree that he is not going to set any worlds alight , in my opinion he always puts in a shift , is a good recycler and the mistakes he makes are genuine ones and frequently because he is put in an unenable position by others.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 pm
There are a couple that I would get shot of before Elneny . Whilst I agree that he is not going to set any worlds alight , in my opinion he always puts in a shift , is a good recycler and the mistakes he makes are genuine ones and frequently because he is put in an unenable position by others.
I agree, a squad player, who comes in now and the and does an honest job as best he can.
Plenty who should be out before him, but nobody wants to pay our valuation. :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 pm
A11M11 wrote:
I agree, a squad player, who comes in now and the and does an honest job as best he can.
Plenty who should be out before him, but nobody wants to pay our valuation. :banghead:
Agree with you both. He's not a great player but is way better than Clive just as the most obvious example.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:25 pm
StuartL wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Agree with you both. He's not a great player but is way better than Clive just as the most obvious example.
Everyone is better than CliveElCunto - Even Santos :shock: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Everton are planning to revive their attempts to sign Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles in January, sources have told ESPN. Sources have told ESPN they will try & secure a permanent move in January. [@JamesOlley] #afc https://t.co/uryivrvUIR

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 am
Everton are planning to revive their attempts to sign Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles in January, sources have told ESPN. Sources have told ESPN they will try & secure a permanent move in January. [@JamesOlley] #afc https://t.co/uryivrvUIR
Wishing them good luck.