ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

If that rumour is true then we dont need to wait for the summer to see what the team will be like next summer. If Arteta truly believes Kolasinac is a suitable back up for KT then we a truly, totally and completely fucked under this muppet. There were rumours that he was involved in some sort of mutiny against the Shalke manager along with Mustafi a few weeks back and if so then Arteta's judgement is yet again proven wanting in having another troublesome player in the fold :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:23 pm
According to @ChrisWheatley_, Arteta's squad planning for next season is in advanced stages with the Gunners targeting a new right-back, left-back & hopeful of completing a permanent deal for Martin Odegaard. #Arsenal https://t.co/rgmdmiXlIG

Replace “we have Carl, who can play there” by Wenker with

‘We have Grant, who can play there” by Arteta

Happy days :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal 'are unlikely to offer David Luiz a new deal' when his contract expires this summer [Mail] https://t.co/X31X4x1AzW

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:28 pm
Arsenal 'are unlikely to offer David Luiz a new deal' when his contract expires this summer [Mail] https://t.co/X31X4x1AzW
Please be true. Please be true. :stearmaster:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Madrid have classed Martin Odegaard as 1 of the 4 untouchables for next season and building squad around along with Valverde, Rodrygo & Vinicius.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have Dani Ceballos on loan from Real Madrid but are not expected to push for a permanent deal for the Spaniard. Arsenal paid out a £1.8million loan fee for Odegaard in January and are hoping to agree a permanent transfer in the region of £25m. [Mark Irwin @deathirwin]

augie

Post by augie »

In an ideal world I would like us to sign Aouar in the summer, but cos that probably wont happen can I say that I would be quite ok with ward prowse alongside partey

John F

Post by John F »

I have been reading about possible sanctions against the dirty dozen.Points reduction,ban from Europe or a transfer ban have all been mentioned.A ban from Europe may have a delayed sanction attached to it in our case.Even though Wiggy would probably let off fireworks in his garden,out of all those punishments I would prefer the transfer ban despite the weakness of our squad.My reasoning is that I simply do not trust Edu or Arteta with our limited budget not to sign more Journey men to clog up the wage bill.
It will be unfair on the fans and players to get punished for a out of touch greedy parasite of an owner but fairness isn't a part of football ask Wigan fans.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Saw a debate about possible ESL punishments yesterday and was confused, we are looking points deductions, transfer bans etc potentially but club's involved in racism, you know the big anti-campaign in football, are lucky if they get a slap on the wrist.......

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Any punishment handed out will be fought tooth and nail by all the clubs in unison. Just look back to Man City recently getting their euro ban overturned. The fine line is punishing the owners and not the clubs or fans.

I don't know if there are any existing rules dealing with this kind of thing but the worse I can envisage is a euro ban for all clubs that, as I say, will be argued against and fought by all involved.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We’re being heavily linked to Julian Brandt of Dortmund for £22m, just to put it into context, he’s an attacking midfielder or winger (another one) who has scored a massive 5 goals in the last two seasons. No other team is being linked with him. I’m Totally Whelmed by this move.... :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:37 am
We’re being heavily linked to Julian Brandt of Dortmund for £22m, just to put it into context, he’s an attacking midfielder or winger (another one) who has scored a massive 5 goals in the last two seasons. No other team is being linked with him. I’m Totally Whelmed by this move.... :roll: :banghead:
Sounds just like our type of signing alright... achingly fucking mediocre.... :roll:

Who next? Nathan Redmond? Tom Davies? Adam Lallana? Or maybe we could go full fuckwit and sign the tottnumb Granit Xhaka, Erik Lamela? :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:37 am

Been linked with him last season too, and even back then I cried at the prospect of signing another useless c.unt (to go with the many useless c.unts we already have :roll: ). Even aside from his lack of goals, he is fcuking clueless and just runs around a lot.

Of course the bigger question (again) is why we would be linked with another winger when we are already stockpiling a load of them ? I cant shake the feeling that moving for a player in that position is yet another sign that pep's cone boy wants rid of martinelli

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:14 pm
If that rumour is true then we dont need to wait for the summer to see what the team will be like next summer. If Arteta truly believes Kolasinac is a suitable back up for KT then we a truly, totally and completely fucked under this muppet. There were rumours that he was involved in some sort of mutiny against the Shalke manager along with Mustafi a few weeks back and if so then Arteta's judgement is yet again proven wanting in having another troublesome player in the fold :banghead:
As soon as I saw the news about Kolasinac not wanted by Germany's worst team, I said he'd be back here next season just to compound the myth about Mister "great job of getting rid of the deadwood". If you can recall forgotten man Elneny and have him play 20 odd games, then you're capable of anything. They'll all be here next year - the arrogant German cock, Ballerina, Elneny, the Swiss turd, Kolasinac, Willian - and this c.unt will still be picking them (on a random rotational basis of course) long after his 100th game in charge, praying for a different outcome.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

-Arsenal have opened contract talks with Smith Rowe over fresh deal
-Arsenal covering more than 90% of Ozil's £350k-a-week salary until end of June.
-Arsenal plan to sign another #10, whether that is Odegaard or an alternative option.

[@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/wp1sbJJaaj