ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:54 pm
I don't recall anyone anointing Pablo Mari as a star! :lol:

He's another average centre back that just seems a bit more dependable than the others. Not spectacular but also not prone to bad errors.

I swear I must be part of a different forum than others sometimes. :lol:
That must be the secret forum, that only a select few get invites to.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Has anyone noticed the stories starting to leak about us having “internal solutions”? 3 articles I have counted...

Willock - the new Aaron Ramsay
Saliba - the new Van Dijk
Mavropanos - the new Tony Adams.

Just waiting for Balogun as the new Ian Wright.

I think we can all see what will happen this Summer. Add in Torreira and Guendouzi as the new Kante and Busquets.

shu

Post by shu »

Saliba has to be given a chance doesn’t he

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

shu wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:41 pm
Saliba has to be given a chance doesn’t he
Does he? Are you sure about that :rubchin:

I am fairly certain that the Arteta/Edu monstrosity only gives young players a chance if they are completely loyal and bought in to the 'process'. Saliba as a player brought in under Sven/Emery if I remember correctly probably doesnt meet their loyalty requirements, I think if the right offer were made for Saliba he would be sold.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

After David Luiz, also Willian is expected to leave Arsenal this summer. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

There’s interest from European clubs and from MLS - Inter Miami wanted him last summer. Arsenal are waiting for official bids. 🇧🇷 #Willian #transfers

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:55 am
After David Luiz, also Willian is expected to leave Arsenal this summer. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

There’s interest from European clubs and from MLS - Inter Miami wanted him last summer. Arsenal are waiting for official bids. 🇧🇷 #Willian #transfers

You and I must follow the same people on twitter ,I was just about to post exactly the same thing :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:

No way does he leave without a payoff

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:30 am
gooner265 wrote:

No way does he leave without a payoff
Definitely. We never learn!

No one will give an underperforming/past it 32 year old a 2 year deal on £200k/week even if we waive a transfer fee. FFS Edu is an idiot for walking into this transfer. Sackable offence surely!?!

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

We'll probably spend most of the summer shedding some of the remaining dross, there will be the usual under the odds bid for 2nd rate players with the club spending a fortune on PR twatter/instagram/facebook rumour mongering that goes nowhere but the muppets will lap it up and we'll start next season not much better off than this one but the club will have made back some of their losses from missing out on European football and the pandemic whilst having pretended to be serious about strengthening.

The mugs will buy their season tickets in the belief things will change, supporters will buy their merchandise and KSE will be laughing their tits off having once again proved how stupid Arsenal fans are. Protests wont happen until mid October when we are once again in 15th, it'll take two months for serious protests to build and then another month for the effects to be even noticed never mind felt, so maybe, just maybe, by Jan/Feb next year Arteta might be looking at being sacked but no matter what the ever resilient Kroenkes will still be here to make the same mistakes when they appoint some no mark Manager who is the next best thing :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:06 am
gooner265 wrote:

You and I must follow the same people on twitter ,I was just about to post exactly the same thing :lol:
Yeah I've thought that before when you've posted , I always check first now before I post :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal will make their first official written offer to Ryan Bertrand in a few days. [@TheAFCBeII] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:16 pm
Arsenal will make their first official written offer to Ryan Bertrand in a few days. [@TheAFCBeII] #afc

Which qualifies as an illegal approach - do the c.unts putting this shit up on twitter not know that from january 1st you can only make an offer to a player playing abroad and that making an offer to a player playing in the same country before the end of the season is illegal ? :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:40 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Which qualifies as an illegal approach - do the c.unts putting this shit up on twitter not know that from january 1st you can only make an offer to a player playing abroad and that making an offer to a player playing in the same country before the end of the season is illegal ? :roll:
"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens."

:oops: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:24 pm
augie wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:40 pm
gooner265 wrote:

"With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement, indicating their ability to move to their intended club on a Bosman transfer when the next transfer window opens."

:oops: :lol:
Clummo, I think augie is right mate despite your enjoyment in trying to prove him wrong! :oops: :lol: :wink:

Arsenal and Southampton are in England so must abide by domestic transfer rules.

If Arsenal intend to make an “official” approach to the player then they need to first “officially” inform the club however, unless the rule changed this season, no “official” contact is allowed between 2 premier league teams until the players contract is less than one month from expiring. Usually that means 1st June (after the season has finished) before negotiations become official.

It’s all admin bullshit anyway. Agents talk to clubs all the time :lol:

It’s different with foreign clubs though. They can start official pre-contract discussions with English players from 1st Jan.

I doubt any fucker else wants Bertrand anyway so we’ll no doubt have no competition to sign him yet still offer £100k/wk 4yr contract! (Sad but true :x )

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

You can contact the player. That's why the tweet said "to Ryan Bertrand" and not for Ryan Bertrand.

The quote I posted is from the Premier League laws on pre contract transfers. :wink:

And who doesn't love an Augie rant? It's fun to see him foaming at the mouth sometimes. :lol: :lol:

(Never change Augie you nutter. You brighten many people's day! :lol: :lol: )