ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Folarin Balogun confirming he has signed a new contract at Arsenal until 2025.

Fantastic news :barscarf: confirmed

We’re so happy you’re staying, @fbalogun67! ❤️ #afc
Folarin Balogun on his new contract at Arsenal: “I’m absolutely buzzing, it’s a moment I’ve been waiting for for a long time so I’m glad that it could finally happen & it could get sorted.” #afc
Balogun: “I came here at nine, I remember being at Hale End & coming into the training ground for the first time & seeing all the older boys training & just thinking, ‘These are the same guys you see on TV’. From that age, I had a drive & ambition to be that guy eventually.” #afc

Folarin Balogun: “The boss played a big role in that, he spoke to me numerous times, giving me lots of advice, lots of confidence & after a while, I decided to take the leap of faith, trust him & I’m glad I did that.” #afc

Folarin Balogun: “Obviously looking at other boys who have made the step from the academy into the first team showed me that I need to have faith in myself. As time has gone on, I have put the work in & I’m glad I was also able to make the step up myself.” #afc

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal will look to sell at least four players this summer in a bid to raise funds for new signings. Mikel Arteta is keen on signing Martin Ødegaard on a permanent deal this summer, while the right-back & left-back positions will also look to be strengthened. [@ChrisWheatley_]

Arsenal are open to selling Ainsley Maitland-Niles & Eddie Nketiah, while Héctor Bellerín is keen on leaving the club if the right opportunity arises. Matteo Guendouzi & Lucas Torreira are both expected to be sold. Sead Kolasinac remains likely to leave. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc
Joe Willock’s form for Newcastle could see him return to compete for a place in the first-team. William Saliba will return for pre-season & @Football_LDN understands Dinos Mavropanos will either go out on loan for another campaign or depart in a permanent move. [@ChrisWheatley_]

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If someone offered 15m each for Eddie, AMN, and Pillock I would rip their arms off!!
Jeez if we could get 45m for them, 15m for Doozy, 15m for Torreira, 5m for Elneny, 5m for Colossusnatch, 10m for Mavropanos and 20m for Bellend, that would be a cool 115m to spend , add Stans 10m transfer budget in and we could buy 4 very good players for that whilst getting rid of a pile of shite!
Oh hang on, Arteta is in charge...... we’re fucked. :banghead:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:18 pm
If someone offered 15m each for Eddie, AMN, and Pillock I would rip their arms off!!
Jeez if we could get 45m for them, 15m for Doozy, 15m for Torreira, 5m for Elneny, 5m for Colossusnatch, 10m for Mavropanos and 20m for Bellend, that would be a cool 115m to spend , add Stans 10m transfer budget in and we could buy 4 very good players for that whilst getting rid of a pile of shite!
Oh hang on, Arteta is in charge...... we’re fucked. :banghead:
Don't forget Edu and his mate Kia.

Any more has been Brazilians out there?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:11 pm
Arsenal will look to sell at least four players this summer in a bid to raise funds for new signings. Mikel Arteta is keen on signing Martin Ødegaard on a permanent deal this summer, while the right-back & left-back positions will also look to be strengthened. [@ChrisWheatley_]

Arsenal are open to selling Ainsley Maitland-Niles & Eddie Nketiah, while Héctor Bellerín is keen on leaving the club if the right opportunity arises. Matteo Guendouzi & Lucas Torreira are both expected to be sold. Sead Kolasinac remains likely to leave. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc
Joe Willock’s form for Newcastle could see him return to compete for a place in the first-team. William Saliba will return for pre-season & @Football_LDN understands Dinos Mavropanos will either go out on loan for another campaign or depart in a permanent move. [@ChrisWheatley_]
At least 4, then names M-N, Eddie, Bellend, Hairbear, Torreira, Kolasinac, and Mavropanos, I make that 7 :barscarf:

I could have named those lot, and a few more too, think this is a classic name as many as you can and you are bound to get one or two correct.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:18 pm
:coffeespit:

What does the "m" stand for in "15m"?

Macaroni? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:11 pm

At least 4, then names M-N, Eddie, Bellend, Hairbear, Torreira, Kolasinac, and Mavropanos, I make that 7 :barscarf:

I could have named those lot, and a few more too, think this is a classic name as many as you can and you are bound to get one or two correct.
It's Ornsteinism at It's best. Find a wall. Fling lots of shit. Claim you are right because a bit of the shit stuck to the wall. :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Definition of modern journalism 'fling shit at a wall and see what sticks'. Basic facts are so last century :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Mikel Arteta: “For me, if we want to strengthen our position & we need to recruit somebody, first of all we have to look in our academy. It’s part of the DNA of the club & we have to do that.” [Sky] #afc https://t.co/nQWjNCM60B

Arteta: “If we have that product in our club, let’s bring him in, but he has to have the right qualities, the right mentality & character to do so. If not, we have to go & try to find him [on the market].” #afc https://t.co/3uHjHu1sL3

Arteta: “We are lucky. We have some really good players coming up but we need more & in order to do that, we need to keep investing in our academy, to have the right coaches. I think Per [Mertesacker] is doing a fantastic job. Let’s keep feeding the first team as much as we can.” https://t.co/zKBLpIsFeW

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Much as we derided BFG as a player I'd say at least some credit is due him in the way he is running the Academy and beginning to produce some decent players, not only the ones who have broken into the squad but others who are on the verge of things currently :rubchin:

The issue with Academy players is they are usually an unfinished article who need time to develop, unfortunately I dont want to see too many having to try to develop under Arteta's current coaching :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:52 pm
Much as we derided BFG as a player I'd say at least some credit is due him in the way he is running the Academy and beginning to produce some decent players, not only the ones who have broken into the squad but others who are on the verge of things currently :rubchin:

The issue with Academy players is they are usually an unfinished article who need time to develop, unfortunately I dont want to see too many having to try to develop under Arteta's current coaching :wink:
I often watch the highlights of the youngsters matches and they, undoubtedly,have some talent there, they also play at a much higher tempo than the first team, so will need to have that drilled out of them, if they are going to make the step up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:52 pm

Hmm.... I doubt it is down to the Big German Vagina. There is a whole coaching structure there that he didn't put in place but inherited. And those kids that came through this year and last have been 50% shit. I get the impression he's a figure head in that Academy. But then I also think he is the most shameful cowardly cùnt to ever shame our jersey, so I may be just a tad cynical and biased.... :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Hang on DB I thought Xhaka was the most shameful cowardly *word censored* to wear our jersey, bloody flip flopper :roll:

I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice, immaterial of him as a player he has been in charge since 2017/2018 and there have been significant changes since then at the academy under his watch.

Whilst I agree some of the shit that has come out of the academy is his more of it is his predecessor and Wengers, AMN and Willock for a start

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:17 am
Hang on DB I thought Xhaka was the most shameful cowardly *word censored* to wear our jersey, bloody flip flopper :roll:

I think you are doing him a bit of a disservice, immaterial of him as a player he has been in charge since 2017/2018 and there have been significant changes since then at the academy under his watch.

Whilst I agree some of the shit that has come out of the academy is his more of it is his predecessor and Wengers, AMN and Willock for a start
Nope. He's shit. The Academy is shit. Mostly. :D

For the record Clive takes the stupidity / shitness award every time but the BGV takes the cowardly award hands down.... or hands up in front of his face while he grimaces like a bitch, if you will. :x

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

With his back turned, you missed that bit :roll: