ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

Arsenal have opened talks with Eintracht Frankfurt over a move for Portugal striker Andre Silva, 25, who will be available for about £34m this summer. (Transfer Window Podcast, via Express)

Arsenal are frontrunners to sign Real Betis and Argentina midfielder Guido Rodriguez, 27. (Marca - in Spanish)

Lazio are ready to sell 26-year-old Argentina forward Joaquin Correa, who has attracted interest from Arsenal and Tottenham, and the Gunners could use Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira, 25, as part of the deal. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Newcastle are weighing up offering Arsenal a player-plus-cash deal that would see Joe Willock, 21, return after the English midfielder's successful loan spell last season. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Ooops! Nearly Forgot! :oops: :D

Source:
Some Twatt on Twitter:

Messi to sign for Arsenal for 30p and a lucky bag.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 am
Source BBC:

Arsenal have opened talks with Eintracht Frankfurt over a move for Portugal striker Andre Silva, 25, who will be available for about £34m this summer. (Transfer Window Podcast, via Express)

Arsenal are frontrunners to sign Real Betis and Argentina midfielder Guido Rodriguez, 27. (Marca - in Spanish)

Lazio are ready to sell 26-year-old Argentina forward Joaquin Correa, who has attracted interest from Arsenal and Tottenham, and the Gunners could use Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira, 25, as part of the deal. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Newcastle are weighing up offering Arsenal a player-plus-cash deal that would see Joe Willock, 21, return after the English midfielder's successful loan spell last season. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Source:
Some Twatt on Twitter:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: Player + cash - what fcuking newcastle player would be worth having ffs ? I would take a 50 year old shearer before I would take any of the current useless c.unts that play for them :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Source BBC:

Source:
Some Twatt on Twitter:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: Player + cash - what fcuking newcastle player would be worth having ffs ? I would take a 50 year old shearer before I would take any of the current useless c.unts that play for them :roll:
Some keeper apparently who I've never fucking heard of......oh and one of Ant or Dec :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:46 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Source BBC:

Source:
Some Twatt on Twitter:

Some keeper apparently who I've never fucking heard of......oh and one of Ant or Dec :wink:

Hope it's the smaller one - the bigger one has addiction issues and always looks like forest gump after being dragged through a garden hedge :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:lol:

Freddie Woodman is the name of the keeper, heard of him? Nah me either 8)

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 am

Was on loan at Swansea this season. Looks about 12. Just what we need to command the area at set pieces.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Source BBC:

I'd actually be alright with this. He was the 2nd highest goal scorer in Germany last season, only behind Lewandowski.

If we off-load Lackofthreat this summon and bright in Silva, it could be an upgrade. Providing we the the Frankfurt Silva and the not the Silva of Milan, where he was shit. :lol:

I've gone passed the Frankfurt stadium, its on a motorway :lol:. Frankfurt is a nice city, though.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:50 am
rodders999 wrote:

Was on loan at Swansea this season. Looks about 12. Just what we need to command the area at set pieces.
If you want a goalie who commands his area well, you’d struggle to do better than the Argentine that Villa have got. Sadly he’d cost £30-40m in today’s market… :rubchin:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

If you want a goalie who commands his area well, you’d struggle to do better than the Argentine that Villa have got. Sadly he’d cost £30-40m in today’s market… :rubchin:
Particularly as he's now Argentina's first choice. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

6ft2 12 Yr old

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Negotiations progressing well in Arsenal's pursuit of Albert Sambi Lokonga, nothing agreed between Gunners and Anderlecht yet but the distance between the two sides is not too significant.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:02 pm
Negotiations progressing well in Arsenal's pursuit of Albert Sambi Lokonga, nothing agreed between Gunners and Anderlecht yet but the distance between the two sides is not too significant.
I imagine it's the distance between London and Brussels.

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Source BBC:

I'd actually be alright with this. He was the 2nd highest goal scorer in Germany last season, only behind Lewandowski.

If we off-load Lackofthreat this summon and bright in Silva, it could be an upgrade. Providing we the the Frankfurt Silva and the not the Silva of Milan, where he was shit. :lol:

I've gone passed the Frankfurt stadium, its on a motorway :lol:. Frankfurt is a nice city, though.

The last striker they sold for massive money was an equally massive flop, and it is possible some players just suit a certain club/system - silva's performance in a shit italian league would raise red flags for me

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:28 pm
g88ner wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Particularly as he's now Argentina's first choice. :lol:
We dont buy superstars, we make them. Rather unfortunately this one is possibly on his way to being a great goalie but for someone else.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:11 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Source BBC:

The last striker they sold for massive money was an equally massive flop, and it is possible some players just suit a certain club/system - silva's performance in a shit italian league would raise red flags for me
I do agree, however you could argue it's balanced against a very good season in Germany, which is arguably harder than the Italian league.

It's all academic anyway. The new rumour, in the Swiss army's knife of bullshit that is the transfer window, is that we are keeping tabs on Everton striker Calvert-Lewin. [@TeleFootball]