ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:32 pm
No, I don't command that sort of fee or have the delusion required to work for Labour..... Still I'm at least 50% correct about what is said :rubchin:
I'd put it closer to 100%. :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Joking aside - even if we had 200m to spend, would you gift a penny of it to this absolute clown?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal may have to consider selling young stars such as England winger Bukayo Saka, 19, to raise the funds to sign Real Madrid's Norway midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, permanently, as well as other new players to overhaul the squad. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets rip out the last remaining grain of hope by selling the few decent young players we've produced and give the proceeds to this Beige c.unt to throw away

Where was superstar Odegaard yesterday when we needed someone to get on the ball? Fucking nowhere, and yet I hear comments after a handful of games that we need to sign him whatever the price.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Just like Saka , ESR , Martinelli and a few others Odegaard is still a kid and like the others will have good games and bad ones . He should not be built up as the Messiah but he is useful to have around . The more that we laud him , the higher his price goes . People need to keep their feet on the ground.
Go onto dot .com and look at the squad and the loanees . See how many you would keep , first pick them on their skills and then do it again on their attitude and you will find the size of the job that any manager we might have faces.

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 am
Arsenal may have to consider selling young stars such as England winger Bukayo Saka, 19, to raise the funds to sign Real Madrid's Norway midfielder Martin Odegaard, 22, permanently, as well as other new players to overhaul the squad. (Sunday Times - subscription required)

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets rip out the last remaining grain of hope by selling the few decent young players we've produced and give the proceeds to this Beige c.unt to throw away

Where was superstar Odegaard yesterday when we needed someone to get on the ball? Fucking nowhere, and yet I hear comments after a handful of games that we need to sign him whatever the price.
Talking about £40 million for Odegaard..... another mistake? :rubchin:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:28 am
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-23848395

#arseneknows :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
The man with the tube ticket Christian Gross at the helm says enough for me. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:16 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Talking about £40 million for Odegaard..... another mistake? :rubchin:
Giving this manager and/or Edu £40m to spend on anyone is a massive mistake - don't trust the pair of them. Look at the recent recruitment - shocking

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our recruitment over the last decade has been the equivalent of going out shopping for eggs and flour and coming back with a bouncy castle and a canoe. Just do the fucking basics and then the team can play football. We need hard working midfielders and defenders that can defend. Plus a keeper. Stop signing wingers and veteran play makers who’s legs have gone!!!

shu

Post by shu »

SteveO 35 wrote:

We had the same after Danny Getafe signed , mind you everyone turned their noses up at a Johnny Evans and Lingard with both being better than we get from (pick any one of our centre backs ) and Pepe

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal on the verge of agreeing a long-term deal with starlet Folarin Balogun, ending months of uncertainty around his future after Mikel Arteta convinced him to stay. [@AdrianJKajumba]

Folarin Balogun is set to sign a new four-year contract with Arsenal. [@David_Ornstein] https://t.co/kTsO0HmJHh
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:06 am
Arsenal on the verge of agreeing a long-term deal with starlet Folarin Balogun, ending months of uncertainty around his future after Mikel Arteta convinced him to stay. [@AdrianJKajumba]
Seriously? :? :lol: That would make no sense whatsoever unless we plan to sell him. He’s nearly 20 and Arteta clearly doesn’t rate him as he never picks him in the squad so it’s a waste of everyone’s time :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

I know that it is unlikely that we will get shot of pep's cone boy before next season, but if we are to do so it will be preferable that we do it as soon as we are out of the running for all competitions so that we can sort out some sort of transfer strategy for next season before it is too late. Two seasons ago I felt that we were well down the line on a much needed clear out of deadwood in the squad, but now because of the criminal management of el beige we are in a position where we need another big clear out - imo xhaka, laca, auba, elneny, bellend, willian, nketieh and ceballos all have to go for starters. No way are we gonna have the funds to replace all them in one season, and that is where players like saliba, torreira, guendouzi,Balogun, ayeez and of course martinelli, need to have a bigger role and some filling squad positions, and that would allow an incoming manager the chance to buy proven quality starters with his meagre funds knowing that young players will beef up the squad numbers

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Folarin Balogun will turn down a contract offer from Bayer Leverkusen to stay at Arsenal, with the player set to sign a new contract until 2025 ‘imminently’. RB Leipzig never entered the race. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

Great News :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

gooner265 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Folarin Balogun will turn down a contract offer from Bayer Leverkusen to stay at Arsenal, with the player set to sign a new contract until 2025 ‘imminently’. RB Leipzig never entered the race. [@FabrizioRomano] #afc

Great News :barscarf:
Yes it is and I reckon it may mean Laca goes in the summer, he may not be great but we will get £25M for Laca, sorry we should get that for him but with our negotiators we'll be lucky to get £15M.....

Now if we get rid of the remainder on Augies list above, Torreira who has implied he doesnt want to stay here and Guendozi who is dogshit we might actually have about, with our negotiators in mind, £40M altogether to spend :roll: