ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:14 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:42 pm
.@SportsPeteO on Ramsdale: “From what I’m hearing, it’s the Arsenal goalkeeping coach who is really pushing this deal. He’s put Ramsdale on the top of his list, he wants him in rather than other goalkeeping targets. For that reason, I think this deal will get done.” #afc

Ahhh well, that's alright then! He got it spot on when he pushed for Rúnarsson. :roll:

Rúnarsson, Ryan and Ramsdale - the man has some fetish for the letter R.
I thought we changed our goal keeping coach at the end of last season? Or is he the same guy that came from Brentford?
Same bloke, Inaki Cana.

Google his name and you'll see that not all in the garden is rosey.
Yeah, I've read about the doubters. Fair play to Leno, trying to put in a performance when it's very public knowledge we are looking to replace him, with a better keeper. Even though this time last year we had a better keeper.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:56 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:14 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:42 pm
.@SportsPeteO on Ramsdale: “From what I’m hearing, it’s the Arsenal goalkeeping coach who is really pushing this deal. He’s put Ramsdale on the top of his list, he wants him in rather than other goalkeeping targets. For that reason, I think this deal will get done.” #afc

Ahhh well, that's alright then! He got it spot on when he pushed for Rúnarsson. :roll:

Rúnarsson, Ryan and Ramsdale - the man has some fetish for the letter R.
I thought we changed our goal keeping coach at the end of last season? Or is he the same guy that came from Brentford?
Same bloke, Inaki Cana.

Google his name and you'll see that not all in the garden is rosey.
Yeah, I've read about the doubters. Fair play to Leno, trying to put in a performance when it's very public knowledge we are looking to replace him, with a better keeper. Even though this time last year we had a better keeper.
It wasn't much of a performance tbh. Don't think he tried too hard. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Big worry is they are squandering away any transfer budget.....it looks a disaster at present

And it looks like xaha is staying......

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says Granit Xhaka will not be leaving the club in the transfer window.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Asked about Willock and Bellerin he said " I don't know "

Does that mean no decision has been made or that he hasn't been told.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’m going to make a prediction here. The Club are currently trying to sell dross to fund proper players. But we can’t sell the dross due to obvious reasons (they are dross on big wages). When we get to the last week of the window we will fold and end up selling assets we want to keep for the long term for relative peanuts. I’m talking Willock. That will allow us to buy someone we actually want. The same happened with Martinez. Martinez was sold to fund Partey because we couldn’t raise a bean on the likes of Kola, Mustafi, Sokratis etc. If we were flush I think we would have kept Martinez. Willock will then most likely go on to be worth £50m plus having been sold for about £12m to Newcastle.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @garbosj, Newcastle have made an improved offer in terms of loan fee to take Willock again for a season. #Arsenal have declined that offer & in doing so informed the player & his agent that he’s in Arteta’s plans having proven himself in the division with Newcastle" https://t.co/LBJATIaMPg

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

No matter who they may buy from now, if they fail the get rid of all or even any of Xhaka, Willian, Kolasinac or Bellerin it is for me a terrible transfer window and it shows a complete lack of understanding by the Management and board of how divisive these players are at the club.

For all Josh said in the Q&A session nothing has changed, most of those players are holdovers from Wenger's time here and weren't successful then, here we are 3 years down the line and they are still here, Emery failed to realise how bad they were and get rid of them and Edu and Arteta have done the same.

Putting aside the financial constraints of covid there is no other excuse for the position we find ourselves in with them, extending contracts and playing them in the hope their value goes up weakens the team and the other players who could be played instead. If we cannot get rid of them for even meager money then allow their contracts to run down and leave them in the reserves. The rebuild has to start now and it can't as long as those cancerous *word censored* remain in the squad.

Midz

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:12 am
No matter who they may buy from now, if they fail the get rid of all or even any of Xhaka, Willian, Kolasinac or Bellerin it is for me a terrible transfer window and it shows a complete lack of understanding by the Management and board of how divisive these players are at the club.

For all Josh said in the Q&A session nothing has changed, most of those players are holdovers from Wenger's time here and weren't successful then, here we are 3 years down the line and they are still here, Emery failed to realise how bad they were and get rid of them and Edu and Arteta have done the same.

Putting aside the financial constraints of covid there is no other excuse for the position we find ourselves in with them, extending contracts and playing them in the hope their value goes up weakens the team and the other players who could be played instead. If we cannot get rid of them for even meager money then allow their contracts to run down and leave them in the reserves. The rebuild has to start now and it can't as long as those cancerous *word censored* remain in the squad.
This 1000%.

Midz

Post by Midz »

This 2 fingered salute means there's no fucking way I'm coming to Arsenal.

Midz

Post by Midz »

This 2 fingered salute means there's no fucking way I'm coming to Arsenal.

But I do have a nice hair cut.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

You should all be celebrating Xhaka staying as I believe it will cost Arteta his job .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:58 pm
You should all be celebrating Xhaka staying as I believe it will cost Arteta his job .
Yeah and give us fuckers a whole lot of grief in the process in the next few seasons

augie

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:

The club doesnt get the transfer fee it wants and then refuses to sell and digs their heels - I can understand (but not agree with) that, but offering the c.unt a new contract defies belief, and for me it ranks alongside offering the senile french c.unt new contracts when he was a busted flush, as one of the worst decisions in club history :evil: Clearly the non spanish c.un t intends making him a key part of the team again this season, and as the old saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

Obviously edu is complicit here, but for me this decision has pep's cone boy written all over it, and his demise cannot come soon enough :censored:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:24 am
gooner265 wrote:

The club doesnt get the transfer fee it wants and then refuses to sell and digs their heels - I can understand (but not agree with) that, but offering the c.unt a new contract defies belief, and for me it ranks alongside offering the senile french c.unt new contracts when he was a busted flush, as one of the worst decisions in club history :evil: Clearly the non spanish c.un t intends making him a key part of the team again this season, and as the old saying goes, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

Obviously edu is complicit here, but for me this decision has pep's cone boy written all over it, and his demise cannot come soon enough :censored:
I'm just gobsmacked he has done this , I'm fuming .

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal & another London club have proposed a player plus cash deal for Leicester midfielder James Maddison, Football London understands. [@ChrisWheatley_] #afc https://t.co/MeLx5tgZY5