ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner265

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal's interest in Emi Buendia is growing as they look at alternatives to Martin Odegaard - No bid made yet, but Edu focusing on the Argentine.

Full story 👇

https://t.co/qBDISg1NtQ

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are yet to make an official offer for Buendia, but he has moved to the top of their list of playmaker targets as discussions inside the club ramp up ahead of the summer transfer window. Norwich are believed to want around £40m for the attacking midfielder.-1/2 [@goal] https://t.co/BQEdLq4DeM

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#AFC | Reports suggesting Norwich are demanding £60m for Emi Buendia are wide of the mark, I understand.

£35m - £40m should get the job done.

augie

Post by augie »

We should buy another few playmakers/number 10s cos you can never have enough of them :roll: Can any of them play right full or centre midfield ? :rubchin:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Smith Rowe can't play every game , we have little creativity as it is , we need at least one more.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:38 am
We should buy another few playmakers/number 10s cos you can never have enough of them :roll: Can any of them play right full or centre midfield ? :rubchin:
We only have one number 10 (Smith Rowe) don’t we?

I’m sure Saka could play there of course but we play him wide. Willock would favour that position too. Who else?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

The Telegraph report Newcastle will make an offer to #Arsenal to turn Joe Willock’s loan into a permanent move & are increasingly confident the player is ready to leave London. https://t.co/BAfP0S0sm0

Sources have indicated that #Arsenal are open to the idea of selling the England U21 international in order to fund their pursuit of Real Madrid’s Martin Odegaard, who took Willock’s place in the squad when he arrived on loan at the start of the year. https://t.co/Viu1YowJ6c

Willock’s asking price is likely to be around £20m but #Arsenal could raise that price given how well he has done in the North East. Negotiations are unlikely to be simple or straightforward & Willock may have to ask for the move for things to speed up.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 pm
augie wrote:
We only have one number 10 (Smith Rowe) don’t we?

I’m sure Saka could play there of course but we play him wide. Willock would favour that position too. Who else?

I like chambers I really do, but I still believe that we need a better right full - no way could I justify spending £40m of an extremely small budget on a back up number 10 when we need a first choice right back AND a first choice number 8 to play alongside partey in midfield

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Recruitment plans have already been submitted by Edu and Arteta to the board of directors and they're very clear in what they want to do. They do have a plan to get back into the big time. [@David_Ornstein]

https://t.co/Efn46y1FAl

.@David_Ornstein: ''I know of a number of players Arsenal have made proposals to, I think Edu & Arteta are selling an impressive project to potential recruits.” [@SkySportsNews]

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 am
Recruitment plans have already been submitted by Edu and Arteta to the board of directors and they're very clear in what they want to do. They do have a plan to get back into the big time. [@David_Ornstein]

I’m sure Edu and Arteta do have a plan to get us back into the big time but I’m sure that was their plan last summer too when they did this bag of shite...

- Willian: 3yrs @ £200k/wk :x
-Cedric: 4yrs @ £100k/wk :oops:
- Auba: 3yrs @ £300k/wk :shock:
- loan in Ceballos
- loan out Guendouzi, Torreira & Saliba but keep Mustafi, Elneny and Sokratis :lol:
- make Ozil train alone until January on £350k/wk :roll:
- Sell Emi Martinez & replace with Runnarson :?
- Partey £40m? - not looking smart business so far...

Gabriel and Mari had done okay I suppose but hardly been great either tbh

All things considered, it was a shockingly bad transfer window !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to @corrierefirenze, #Arsenal are amongst the clubs that tempt Fiorentina's Serbian striker Dusan Vlahovic, who is in a hurry to progress his career. https://t.co/29KsnAbGRf

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:45 am
According to @corrierefirenze, #Arsenal are amongst the clubs that tempt Fiorentina's Serbian striker Dusan Vlahovic, who is in a hurry to progress his career. https://t.co/29KsnAbGRf

That rules us out then :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
We don't have a proper number 10. Smith-Rowe is the nearest we have but not the finished article and often just drops right out of games.

Er-Dee-gard started brightly but has gone to total shit and will probably be gone back to Spain. Willock is gash. Saka makes too many wrong decisions to be effective in that role....

We need a top level creator in the middle. But we also need a proper DM, a better goalie, a couple of actual top CHs and a proper right back and cover for the injury prone Tierney at LB and a striker and a new manager and a new owner and a new board and.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 am

I’m sure Edu and Arteta do have a plan to get us back into the big time but I’m sure that was their plan last summer too when they did this bag of shite...

- Willian: 3yrs @ £200k/wk :x
-Cedric: 4yrs @ £100k/wk :oops:
- Auba: 3yrs @ £300k/wk :shock:
- loan in Ceballos
- loan out Guendouzi, Torreira & Saliba but keep Mustafi, Elneny and Sokratis :lol:
- make Ozil train alone until January on £350k/wk :roll:
- Sell Emi Martinez & replace with Runnarson :?
- Partey £40m? - not looking smart business so far...

Gabriel and Mari had done okay I suppose but hardly been great either tbh

All things considered, it was a shockingly bad transfer window !
Edu needs to take the advice I gave him over the phone back in 2003 and fuck off. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our problem is that anyone in any decision making position at the Club hasn’t a scooby. Therefore we have agents and other leaches crawling all over them to “advise” them. Kia Joorabchian is top of the list. Raul wasn’t far behind. Sacking the scouting team hasn’t helped as we are now even more reliant on agents. No surprise we keep signing shit on big money. It needs to fucking stop. :banghead: