ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Transfers / players in / players out merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:52 am
don't think we need as many players as is being suggested. We got players in under-23 squad that have just win their league. Our CB's look good when they're organised. The new manager may only need £50m to buy the one player that can make a difference to this squad. A proper defensive midfielder.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the belly laugh! We need a keeper, 2x CB, a DM and a proper winger.
This^. We particularly need a top DM if we persist with Ozil. I'd add that we also need to unload Welwide and Lacazette and buy in another top striker to compliment Boomerang.

But keeper DM and 2 CH are the priorities.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The question for me is ...who would we keep?

I think a decent manager could get more from Ozil & maybeeee Ramsey & Bellerin perhaps? Discipline & proper game instruction is sorely needed there. Aubameyang & Mkytarian could be more than useful. Xhaka, Welbeck, Cech can go...Mustafi as well.

We need a proper defensive midfielder...basically replace Viera, Wenger ignored that for over a decade. And 2 centre halves...need back up for Aubemayang as well. So 4 players & a keeper and we can be half decent.

Can you imagine the softly spoken, unmotivated Arteta with this ill disciplined bunch....business as usual

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:43 am

I think a decent manager could get more from Ozil & maybeeee Ramsey & Bellerin perhaps? Discipline & proper game instruction is sorely needed there. Aubameyang & Mkytarian could be more than useful. Xhaka, Welbeck, Cech can go...Mustafi as well.

We need a proper defensive midfielder...basically replace Viera, Wenger ignored that for over a decade. And 2 centre halves...need back up for Aubemayang as well. So 4 players & a keeper and we can be half decent.

Can you imagine the softly spoken, unmotivated Arteta with this ill disciplined bunch....business as usual
Thing is we don't know what kind of coach/ manager Arteta will be. George Graham went from Stroller to Gadaffi.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:

Thing is we don't know what kind of coach/ manager Arteta will be. George Graham went from Stroller to Gadaffi.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm
xisstential wrote:

Arteta played with these guys and he wasn't a very demonstrative nor forceful captain. I just cannot see him getting the sorely needed discipline rammed into these guys.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 pm
xisstential wrote:

GG was vocal as fuck as a player. A leader on and off the pitch. Other players of his era like McLintock and Storey have said they all knew he'd become a manager.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Transfer window opens Thursday and closes August 9

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am
TeeCee wrote:
don't think we need as many players as is being suggested. We got players in under-23 squad that have just win their league. Our CB's look good when they're organised. The new manager may only need £50m to buy the one player that can make a difference to this squad. A proper defensive midfielder.

This^. We particularly need a top DM if we persist with Ozil. I'd add that we also need to unload Welwide and Lacazette and buy in another top striker to compliment Boomerang.

If the budget is only £50m then I'd just buy one world class DM. Or we could get 3 decent players and hope they work out. I'd go all in for Kante.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 am
TeeCee wrote:

If the budget is only £50m then I'd just buy one world class DM. Or we could get 3 decent players and hope they work out. I'd go all in for Kante.

Need to cash in on Bellerin if we can get £40M+ for him. Mislintat is going to need to earn his money this summer with a couple of clever purchases as the big money needs to go on a DM and CB.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If Allegri gets the job, would he want Pogba in the midfield ahead of Wilshere/ Ramsey etc...?
Might he convince Chiellini to join him...?
If it's Arteta we might get Fabregas back, at a push.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

We've been linked with Bayer Leverkusen keeper. Is he better than we have already?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 am
We've been linked with Bayer Leverkusen keeper. Is he better than we have already?
Might want to set the bar a little higher :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:21 am
Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:35 am
Might want to set the bar a little higher :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 1989 »

Indeed.

A cardboard cut out is better than the options we've got in goal.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to Sky Sports News, Raul Sanllehi has held talks with the representatives of Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri as #Arsenal consider making a formal move for the midfielder. https://t.co/A1ewjHM3O1