ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Torreira to Atletico on loan with only an option to buy :suicide:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Lucas Torreira very close to signing for Atletico Madrid. Torreira will join Atletico initially on loan with the club granted an option to sign him permanently. [@TheAthleticUK]

https://t.co/Zvd1WxvdaF

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 am
So they won't work a deal for a player we want but we bend over for them.

Fucking joke

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 am
rodders999 wrote:

Fucking joke
Well, they might work a deal for us now they've got a midfielder in. They might be a worst financial position than us.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

Bullshit deal - loaning an international player at this stage of his career is totally unacceptable imo, and whatever c.unt sanctioned it should be shot :evil: If they want him then they buy him now - isnt that what they are saying to us with partey ? It makes zero sense to bend over to facilitate ath madrid when we could buy partey at his buyout clause (€45m)and they can do nothing to stop us. I honestly dont care if we get partey now or not, UNLESS we are getting him cheaper than his buyout clause.

I'm disgusted but not shocked

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:59 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 am
rodders999 wrote:

Fucking joke
Well, they might work a deal for us now they've got a midfielder in. They might be a worst financial position than us.

So we offer them torreira and cash then. If that isnt acceptable then we offer them less than partey's buyout clause - if they are desperate for funds then they will have to accept it surely. How is it we are expected to sell cheap when we are in a bad way for funds, but dont force the same ethos on clubs that we are trying to buy players from ?? :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ateltico are indeed strapped for cash, I think they can only spend something like 25% of what they earn this season which in the middle of the covid apocalypse ain't gonna be much. Hopefully there's some behind the scenes guff going on linked with this Torreira loan deal that sees Partey coming the other way (or otherwise Augie will lose his fucking mind again and this place will be unbearable for the next six months :lol: )

:wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

the only possible acceptability of this deal is if it does in fact mean we are getting partey (no idea if hes any good), but its all being done on the quiet. I have to hope that is whats happening as otherwise the deal makes no sense form an Arsenal perspective, other than getting him off the wage bill and getting a decent loan fee (there must be one surely?).

I fear we are not going to get Partey or Aouar (again no idea if all that, but recall Augie saying he would be delighted to get him, so he must be decent to impress Augie?!)

wankers on twatter claiming its done blah blah blah couple of insiders who claim to be freelance journalists just spout crap and as DB10 says if you throw enough mud....2 of them having a bun fight over it last night it seems calling each other out as BS merchants.

one of them saying Aouar and Partey guaranteed plus a 3rd signing potentially too...all BS. i bet we get just one at best, but still think if it was gonna be done it would be by now and Aouar will go somewhere else. also worries me why no one else seems that interested in these 2 if there all that? (despite the juve links on Aouar)

anyway nice to see the scum spending the tax payers money even more, on some porto striker. shameless *word censored* should be investigated.

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:20 pm
the only possible acceptability of this deal is if it does in fact mean we are getting partey (no idea if hes any good), but its all being done on the quiet. I have to hope that is whats happening as otherwise the deal makes no sense form an Arsenal perspective, other than getting him off the wage bill and getting a decent loan fee (there must be one surely?).

I fear we are not going to get Partey or Aouar (again no idea if all that, but recall Augie saying he would be delighted to get him, so he must be decent to impress Augie?!)

wankers on twatter claiming its done blah blah blah couple of insiders who claim to be freelance journalists just spout crap and as DB10 says if you throw enough mud....2 of them having a bun fight over it last night it seems calling each other out as BS merchants.

one of them saying Aouar and Partey guaranteed plus a 3rd signing potentially too...all BS. i bet we get just one at best, but still think if it was gonna be done it would be by now and Aouar will go somewhere else. also worries me why no one else seems that interested in these 2 if there all that? (despite the juve links on Aouar)

anyway nice to see the scum spending the tax payers money even more, on some porto striker. shameless *word censored* should be investigated.

There really is no need for urgency on the partey deal cos we know what his fee is gonna be (the beauty of buyout clauses) and there will be no negotiations if torreira is not part of the deal - personally I think that the deal for partey has been put on the back burner cos we know exactly what it will cost, and have focused our efforts on the Aouar chase.
The Aouar deal can be a lot more complicated - for starters we are dealing with one of the most notorious c.unts (lyon president) to deal with in the european game, so agreeing a price would be damn hard work. In the last few days I have read different pieces on Aouar and in one of them he was labelled as inconsistent and who plays better in the bigger games than in the regular/mundane games, and that he hasnt developed as much as was expected - I cant claim to have anywhere near the same knowledge of his career as they do, but in the games I have watched him in he has looked absolute quality, and someone that would be a great addition to our team (not squad)

I wont say that I will be totally shocked if we signed both, but by same token I will say that I wouldnt be totally shocked if we sign neither :roll: At the start of the window I would have put my life on a bet that we would sign partey, but if I had to guess right now I would say that the club's number 1 target is Aouar

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I believe we still have to ship out players before we can buy any in.

augie

Post by augie »

A11M11 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:29 pm
I believe we still have to ship out players before we can buy any in.

Which means that we will sign no-one cos no club is willing to pony up for any of our rejects :roll:

Did I hear arteta say earlier this week that there might be a surprising departure before the end of the transfer window ?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Which means that we will sign no-one cos no club is willing to pony up for any of our rejects

That's how I have seen it for some time.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

PSG swoop in at the 11th hour for Aouar, absolute banter :shock:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm
the board only wanted to look like they were trying.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm
the board only wanted to look like they were trying.
Hardly surprising..our club is owned by cocks.